Home

Mass Effect 2 [thread contains spoilers]

Nedak

Was a bit disappointed w/Zaeed, too. His appearance was a little garish for my taste and there wasn't any real conversation option beyond him basically saying..."check this out....." whenever you highlighted something in the closet where he was hiding on the ship. Would have considered Kasumi had it been free DLC, but sense I'd have been less than impressed after having read some of these comments.

Speaking of ME3, I wonder how many of the crew will carry over or if they'll just make you get mostly new people again....

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of ME3, I wonder how many of the crew will carry over or if they'll just make you get mostly new people again....

I hope they stick with most of the ME2 crew and let Shepard stay alive in the ME3 transition, otherwise Mass Effect 2 has been a mostly pointless installment in the trilogy since 75% of it is team building. Not good if you won't get to keep the team you've spent that much time building. Also since they lowered the ME2 level cap from 60 to 30 I'd assume you start at level 30 in ME3 and go up to 60.

The full protagonist/squad reboot worked once in the ME1 --> ME2 transition, but if they pull something similar again it starts getting silly. If you already have your team they can focus the game more on the main storyline. Since it's the last game in the trilogy there will be a lot of loose ends to tie up.

I hope they stick with most of the ME2 crew and let Shepard stay alive in the ME3 transition, otherwise Mass Effect 2 has been a mostly pointless installment in the trilogy since 75% of it is team building. Not good if you won't get to keep the team you've spent that much time building. Also since they lowered the ME2 level cap from 60 to 30 I'd assume you start at level 30 in ME3 and go up to 60.

The full protagonist/squad reboot worked once in the ME1 --> ME2 transition, but if they pull something similar again it starts getting silly. If you already have your team they can focus the game more on the main storyline. Since it's the last game in the trilogy there will be a lot of loose ends to tie up.

The problem is, all of the team could potentially die, which is hard to work around, aside from using carbon copies with slightly different names.

I could deal with all the rest, but lack of ability to actively talk set me off.
That's the price you pay for having fully voiced PC dialogue. They aren't going to pay the two PC voice actors 10s of thousands of dollars in wages (on top of all the other production costs) to voice a bunch of extra fluff dialogue for a bit of content they are selling for a few bucks. They are doing it to make money, which means shaving costs as much as possible.

As for the post-recruitment I've only done a few missions and quests since getting her to join, but she seems to have chime-in comments and banter in the same places that the standard squad members have. And her Shadow Strike power seems to be very powerful (would have made my Infiltrator envious, a shame you don't get that as a loyalty power for Shepard) so she carries her weight in battle.

Ive jumped into an earlier save just to see what it was like to have her on the squad. I brought her to the Legion loyalty Mission, and she chips in verbally just as much as any other character you would have brought along.

When Legion is telling you about how he can use the virus and repurpose the geth, she coolly suggests that you could destroy them instead and make money from salvaging the tech :) Seeing her pop up ahead of you in battle to take enemies out is pretty neat - something no other character gives you of course.

She say some amusing things during battle - "now you see me....." and "did I do that" were my favourites. I think if you could do a replay and have Mordin and her as your main squadmates, the battles would be quite gigglesome.

I think people that don't like DLC are very difficult to please - and should very likely stay away from DLC in the future to avoid such disappointment. I doubt any of the future DLC will be this character focussed - just more running around bases, ridin the buggy and reading datapads - like BTDS :D

A Pinnacle station type equivalent may eventuate - not my cup of tea but the shooter fan element of those who play ME2 would probably go for the 'dont talk to people just shoot at stuff' such an add-on offers.

I hope Kasumi falls for my femshep in ME3. Nothing sleazy, just nice chats and cuddles on the sofa ;)

mtfbwya

The problem is, all of the team could potentially die, which is hard to work around, aside from using carbon copies with slightly different names.

Well, if Shepard dies it's pretty much game over and I doubt they'd let you import such a save anyway. And for Shepard to survive at least one(?) other squad mate has to make it as well. And I'd be surprised if Liara, Kaidan or Ashley doesn't have a change of heart and rejoin you in ME3 again, giving you at least two sidekicks for a full active squad even if there are no new ones. So it'd be rather refreshing if they made you suffer the consequences of your decisions and end up with a decimated squad if you let most of them die, I'd think. :)

Not that I expect them to make your choices actually matter to that extent, but you can always hope. :)

As for the blood dragon armor in particular it kind of looks like a cartoony mandalorian-ish armor to me:

[ATTACH]2960[/ATTACH]

It provides a +15% increase in Power damage and +10% increase in shield/armor/barrier strength.

It does, which made me sad that I couldn't customize it, it was just screaming for a black/gold combo so I could name my character Mandalore.

The most fun i had on Kasumis mission was walking around the vault looking at the statues.

The Ogre statue and ensueing comment was fun.

Same with the statue of liberty head, woulda been fun if you got a mission from Kasumi later on finding out exactly *how* he managed to steal her head.

Of course, seeing my femshep in that dress was also cool.

That's a nod to BG2. When using Hide in Shadows, Imoen says "now you see me, now you don't".

Cool. I love little references like that :) I never played BG Series. There are factors that proclude me from playing the original games, but I'll have a go at your DA mod when its done ;) Keep up the great work - and good to know another LFNer from Oz is around. There's always been Lynk of course but he rolls with an exclusive posse nowdays.

Going back to Kasumi though... I wonder how many lines of dialogue she has for actual in game stuff. If she chats just as much as the other characters if you bring her along, that would be worth a replay IMO. Over at BioWare forums, Kasumi's fanlove group has already amassed a sizeable following - and Kasumi's only been out a few days ;) Ninja Girl FTW!

mtfbwya

I never played BG Series.
Heathen!

I love little references like that
There are a couple of other references, the most obvious being the space hamster.

Kasumi's fanlove group has already amassed a sizeable following - and Kasumi's only been out a few days
She has been known about since launch though, seeing as there were audio files included in the base game (gotta love paying for content already on the disc).

Heathen!

lolz. I'm a huge Forgotten Realms/Drizzt fan so I know what I'm missing out on! BG would look ridiculous on my current monitor, unless I played it in a tiny window. I cold try run it on my tablet pc I guess ;)

She has been known about since launch though

The group was made a day or so after the Kasumi DLC release. No one can that that excited about just some trailers and screencaps (except Trek/SW fans maybe) :D

mtfbwya

BG would look ridiculous on my current monitor, unless I played it in a tiny window. I cold try run it on my tablet pc I guess ;)
I run it at 1920x1080 with the widescreen mod. It actually looks pretty good, thanks to the background level textures being very high res. If you are old and half-blind like me though, you'll also want the increased font size mod.

The group was made a day or so after the Kasumi DLC release. No one can that that excited about just some trailers and screencaps
Welcome to the interwebs. Anything is possible.

Okay, I just have to ask...is Mass Effect 2 worth getting at $40...or do you think there will be another price drop sometime within the near future? I can't wait to play this game in any case...

That will all depends on you. I thought it was well worth the $60 plus dollars I spent on it, so much so that I bought both the 360 and then the PC.

Then again, for some people it was not worth the cost, it will all depend on your taste. If you liked ME and thought it was worth the money, then most likely you will consider the s40.00 well spent for ME2.

Ninja Girl FTW!

^ This.

I enjoyed the Kasumi DLC. Yes it's short, and I don't think it's worth the money, it should have been a bit cheaper, but I still enjoyed it nethertheless. I think she makes a great addition to the team, and I'll be starting a 6th playthrough just to have her with me all the time. Her new powers are great to watch, kinda reminds me of Nightcrawler lol.

Okay, I just have to ask...is Mass Effect 2 worth getting at $40

Yes.

During my first re-play i stumbled across a rather amusing line made by the male engineer Donnely.

What got me laughing was the fact that he mentions kicking the Collectors in the 'Daddy-bags'.

I have to say that that is the first time i've heard them called that.

<snip>

Going back to Kasumi though... I wonder how many lines of dialogue she has for actual in game stuff. If she chats just as much as the other characters if you bring her along, that would be worth a replay IMO. Over at BioWare forums, Kasumi's fanlove group has already amassed a sizeable following - and Kasumi's only been out a few days ;) Ninja Girl FTW!

mtfbwya

Hm. A ninja girl named Kasumi...where have we seen this before? :rolleyes:

As regards Kasumi and pricing, if they included several extra crew members (maybe her+ 2 more, not trying to be really greedy), then perhaps $7 wouldn't seem like such a gouge. Afterall, the game cost $40 to $70 +/- and already includes up to 9 or 10 party choices anyway. Not to mention that appartently some of the content was already on the discs anyway. Barring that, perhaps her sidequest should have added 2-3 hours (at least initially) of gameplay if they're going to charge that much for what is in essence a really simple add-on. $2-3 and good word of mouth would likely have ensured a greater number of downloads than $7 is likely to. I understand the need to make a buck, just that they're aren't getting mine for that particular dlc.

Hm. A ninja girl named Kasumi...where have we seen this before?

I dunno.. The Atari Jaguar?? :p

...if they included several extra crew members (maybe her+ 2 more, not trying to be really greedy.... Barring that, perhaps her sidequest should have added 2-3 hours (at least initially)

lolz... alot of people begrudging the cost of the DLC seem to live in a fantasy world, of which the DLC Unicorn is Lord.

It's one thing to be a conscientious objector, but another to live in delusion. EA in NEVER going to give us 2 characters for $7!!

Im happy to pay for some more character driven missions, but if the next DLC is buggy riding or shooter fanboy fun, I wont be in a hurry to play it.

At the end of the day, it comes down to what aspect of ME2 you enjoy the most and whether you'd be willing to pay to get just one more fix :p

In my case, ME is about characters and their stories, so Kasumi appealed. I don't see that happening again in the next DLC.

unicornDLC.jpg

mtfbwya

Archived