Home

Mass Effect 2 [thread contains spoilers]

Nedak

Hm. A ninja girl named Kasumi...where have we seen this before? :rolleyes:

Maybe the dev team are DOA fans. :p

There are actually quite few nods to various films etc in both games. There is a huge thread with a list of all of the ones people have found in the Bioware forums. I have a feeling also that Miranda is probably a nod to the planet in Serenity.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lolz... alot of people begrudging the cost of the DLC seem to live in a fantasy world, of which the DLC Unicorn is Lord.

It's one thing to be a conscientious objector, but another to live in delusion. EA in NEVER going to give us 2 characters for $7!!

Im happy to pay for some more character driven missions, but if the next DLC is buggy riding or shooter fanboy fun, I wont be in a hurry to play it.

At the end of the day, it comes down to what aspect of ME2 you enjoy the most and whether you'd be willing to pay to get just one more fix :p

In my case, ME is about characters and their stories, so Kasumi appealed. I don't see that happening again in the next DLC.

mtfbwya

This is the part where I have to say.....no ****, Sherlock. ;) I don't actually expect them to give 2 or more charachters for $7. I said I wouldn't pay $7 for only one, who's added value isn't sufficiently justified by the "minor" expense. EA can nickle and dime people w/all the extra dlc they want (it's their product afterall), I just don't plan to dl it is all. But hey, one man's trash is another's treasure, eh...

I can't wait to install ME 2 when I get it...on my USB drive! Thank God they added support for things like that...for the amount of time that I'll be playing ME 2, it'll be nice not having to listen to that loud disc drive...

I have mine installed on an external drive that sits in one of those drive caddies and is connected via USB. It has its own independent power supply, so I cant say how one of those drives that use the PC for power would fare.

The only game that didn't allow me to install to an external drive recently was force unleashed on pc. But ME/AC2/DAO were fine.

But hey, one man's trash is another's treasure, eh...

lolz.. must be a Tali fan to disrespect our beloved Kasumi in such a manner. :D

mtfbwya

Yeah, pretty nice feature (I backed up most of my DLC's).. ;)

Indeed, perfect timing too, considering I had less than 1GB left on my HD and was considering buying another one. I now have a shiny 12GB flash plugged into it. ;)

--------------------

Planets w/anamolies:

--------------------

•Caleston Rift, Solveig, Sinmara

•Caleston Rift, Talava, Taitus

•Crescent Nebula, Lusarn, Tarith

•Crescent Nebula, Zelene, Helyme

•Eagle Nebula, Amun, Neith

•Eagle Nebula, Strabo, Jarrahe Station

•Hades Nexus, Sheol, Gei Hin

•HourGlass Nebula, Faryar, Daratar

•HourGlass Nebula, Ploitari, Zanethu

•Minos Wasteland, Fortis, Aequitas

•Omega Nebula, Ariniarkan, MSV Strontium Mule

•Omega Nebula, Fathar, Lorek

•Pylos Nebula, Dirada, Canalus

•Pylos Nebula, Nariph, MSV Broken Arrow

•Rosetta Nebula, Enoch, Joab

•The Shrike Nebula, Xe Cha, Zada Ban

•Sigurd's Cradle, Decoris, Sanctum

•Sigurd's Cradle, Skepsis, Franklin

•Titan Nebula, Haskins, Capek

-------------

Element Zero:

-------------

Hint: Finding Element Zero

Below is a list of the planets where you can mine the ultra-rare Element Zero. The systems for each Zero-laden planet are listed below, followed by the star and planet names.

Calestone Rift

•Aysur, Arvuna - Moderate

•Balor, Calestone - Moderate

Crescent Nebula

•Lusam, Tarith - Rich

•Zelene, Helyme - Moderate

Eagle Nebula

•Amun, Anthur - Rich

•Amun, Sekhmet - Moderate

•Relic, Preying Mouth - Rich

Far Rim

•Dholen, Gotha - Moderate

Hades Nexus

•Hekate, Asteria - Poor

•Hekate, Bothros - Poor

•Pamyat, Dobrovolski - Moderate

•Sheol, Gel Hinnom - Moderate

Hawking Eta

•Schwarzschild, Etamis - Rich

Hourglass Nebula

•Faryar, Daratar - Rich

•Osun, Erinle - Rich

•Ploitari, Thegan - Moderate

Krogan DMZ

•Nith, Mantun - Moderate

Minos Wasteland

•Caestus, Invictus - Moderate

Nubian Expanse

•Kalabasha, Yamm - Moderate

Omega

•Batalla, Nearog - Moderate

•Batalla, Thunawanuro - Rich

The Phoenix Massing

•Salahiel, Ekuna - Moderate

Pylos Nebula

•Dirada, Siano - Moderate

•Satent, Boro - Rich

•Raisaris - Rich

Rosetta Nebula

•Alpha Draconis, 2175 Aeia - Moderate

•Enoch, Joab - Rich

•Enoch, Laban - Moderate

•Enoch, Mizraim - Rich

Shadow Sea

•Iera, Prospect - Poor

The Shrike Abyssal

•Urla Rast, Talis Fia - Moderate

•Xe Cha, Tosal Nym - Rich

•Xe Cha, Zada Ban - Rich

Sigurd's Cradle

•Decoris, Sanctum - Moderate

•Skepsis, Watson - Rich

Titan Nebula

•Haskins, Capek - Moderate

Valhallan Threshold

•Micah, Farlas - Moderate

•Micah, Israfel - Moderate

•Micah, Kakabel - Moderate

•Paz, Garvug - Rich

He's referring to the recent USB flash drive support added to Xbox 360.

they just added that recently?? It sucks having USB ports and not being able to maximise their potential. I remember my PS2 had them as well.. cheese knows what that was for :(

@chainz.. cmon, you know you want to jump ship. No annoying mask to inhibit your pixellated lusts with Kasumi ;) Plus, she's mature and worldly, not whining about her Dad all the time. Cmon, you know you want to..........

mtfbwya

I'd already had that info in a notepad file. Simple cut-n-paste job. Timing was just coincidental.

Are there differences in Cluster/System/Planet names in the different versions of the game? Such as between the PC version and the 360 version?

So far on the list i can't seem to find one system and 2-3 planets.

I haven't done Horizon yet though.

Are there differences in Cluster/System/Planet names in the different versions of the game? Such as between the PC version and the 360 version?

I haven't done Horizon yet though.

Don't know about XBox. But you'll probably have noticed that the longer you play ME2, the more systems open up for exploration. I got those lists elsewhere, so I'm not sure exactly at what point those systems show up in game.

Some clusters open up as part of missions, like Caleston Rift where you end up after EDI makes a blind FTL jump after the Collector ship mission (which is quite the trick since she isn't supposed to have any access to the ships navigation/propulsion systems at that time :raise:), you need either Mordin's or Grunt's loyalty mission to gain access to the Krogan DMZ, etc.

You also need to be able to go to Illium to buy star maps from Baria Frontiers there in order to access the Hades Nexus, Minos Wasteland, Pylos Nebula and Shrike Abyssal. The Firewalker DLC allows you to visit some clusters a lot earlier than you otherwise could, though.

@chainz.. cmon, you know you want to jump ship. No annoying mask to inhibit your pixellated lusts with Kasumi ;) Plus, she's mature and worldly, not whining about her Dad all the time. Cmon, you know you want to..........

Nevar! My lurve is unwavering! you... you.. boshtet! (whatever that is) :fist::xp: hehehe

Though I won't deny, Kasumi is definitely "rebound" worthy should Tali tell me to 'fleck off' or say, shoot me in the face with a shotgun :lol:

--

Yeah, it supports up to 2 x 16GB drives. :)

Yeah, and this time around, it doesn't even have to be Xbox branded (surprised me too.. hehe). Works great with my SanDisk pen drives :D

@chainz... cmon, you know you want to jump ship. No annoying mask to inhibit your pixellated lusts with Kasumi ;) Plus, she's mature and worldly, not whining about her Dad all the time. Cmon, you know you want to..........

If we lose ChAiNz again I'll know who to blame :xp:

I would have preferred an NPC with more dialog though...

As someone who likes to try different party members combinations for story purposes I was also a bit disappointed by the fact that ME2 doesn't really allow you to recruit the npcs in whatever order you want

unless you don't care if the Normandy becomes a ghost ship in the end

As someone who likes to try different party members combinations for story purposes I was also a bit disappointed by the fact that ME2 doesn't really allow you to recruit the npcs in whatever order you want

unless you don't care if the Normandy becomes a ghost ship in the end

It does seem like the particular sequence in which you can pick up your squad mates was determined fairly late in the development, since it seems like all of them have banter and chime-in conversations on all the missions. So you can use the save game editor to enable party members if you want them along earlier than you normally could.

Probably best not to bring them on their own recruitment missions though, might be weird :)

Wow long thread here on this forum.

Been playing ME2 for a good wee while now, done 2 Insanity runs, doing a Vanguard one just now, amazingly good fun!

Kasumi pwns all, especially on insanity, FlashBang and Shadow Strike are insanely overpowered AND useful on practically every mission and the only real trouble I get into now is with those damn heavy mechs every now and then...

This is my current build for Vanguard on Insanity:

Heavy Inferno Ammo

Squad Cryo Ammo

Passive Power maxed

Heavy Charge

Area Reave as bonus

pure pwnage!!!

Archived