Home

Mass Effect 2 [thread contains spoilers]

Nedak

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

EDIT:

Just a question - will mass effect 3 make a show at e3 this year or are we going to have another 2-3 year gap :/...

double posted to get people to answer the question. edit this into the last post when u see it mods

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the rumour is that we will get an official announcement of ME3 at this year's E3. All I would be expecting at this stage is a short teaser trailer, most likely first showing up in Microsoft's presentation on Monday. Possibly there will be a few extra details at EA's booth during the show, but I don't think we'll get too much info just yet. My thoughts are they would be aiming for an Xmas 2011 release if things go smoothly.

I think the rumour is that we will get an official announcement of ME3 at this year's E3. All I would be expecting at this stage is a short teaser trailer, most likely first showing up in Microsoft's presentation on Monday. Possibly there will be a few extra details at EA's booth during the show, but I don't think we'll get too much info just yet. My thoughts are they would be aiming for an Xmas 2011 release if things go smoothly.

That would be nice - I wouldn't want absolutely nothing for another 3 years. Maybe t'was a "learning thing" - which is why they took so long? now they now how to impact the game with imported saves, and all the other major unique aspects, it will take less time?

EDIT: You Heard Right

A big part of ME2 was refining the engine to actually run properly on the 360. Plus there was a fairly substantial systems overhaul (combat, etc.). I would expect that ME3 will involve fairly minimal work on both those fronts, so they can focus on content instead, which should shorten the development time.

I was cleaning through the Eclipse base on Ilium when I realised how bad their barks are.

"Time to earn my pay!"

"Weakening their integrity!"

"Mind over matter!"

At least the enemies say more than one thing, unlike in Mass Effect (1). So it's still an improvement. :p

Planet Scanning has been optimized in the latest patch...

The intergalactic hunt for minerals may not be Mass Effect 2's most marketable feature, but BioWare's latest update to the Xbox 360 version of the sci-fi role-playing game has "optimized" its mundane planet scanning, resulting in many happy players.

"Scanning for minerals has been optimized" may sound vague, but the small change has been met with glee at the official BioWare forums, where the latest update was announced. Scan bigger, scan faster, experience less regret on your deathbed wasting hours looking for Element Zero deposits. And read the full change list after this.

Source

Don't use a 360, but changed these lines in the Coalesced file:

[sFXGame.BioPlanet]

PlacedMineralsPool=25000...............to 99000

ScanBarMaxMineralSize=1500...........to 9500

EezoMineralsBase=1500.................. to 9500

RandomMineralsBase=350................to 950

So, if you run out of anything, fewer planets necessary (or just use binding keys and set resources to max limits and avoid mini-game altogether).

I'm not sure if this has been posted before but has anyone encountered a pretty annoying screaming glitch? It happened to me on Miranda's mission. I used incinerate on some random guy with a rcoket launcher and he screamed like an idiot until he died(which was about 3 minutes later because I had to concentrate on other enemies). It was very annoying and happened to some other guys too later on. Any way to fix this?

Only noticeable bug I've encountered so far is that on Ilium, near the police station and the Volus merchant whose partner was murdered, there's a parked red car. You can stand up over the car if you walk onto it the right way and then drop off it on the other end. Then you can go about gaily wandering the forbidden sections of the map and load the game once you're bored enough.

That's not a bug. If I got hit with a rocket launcher or set on fire, I'd sure as hell scream like a mother!@$ until I died or passed out.

:lol: I'm with ya.

I believe it has to do with the "Merciless" achievement. Those long screaming victims are supposedly a "call out" for you to put them down and grab yer badge. Takes 20 of them to get it ;)

Merciless: Make 20 enemies scream as they fall or are set on fire

I believe it has to do with the "Merciless" achievement. Those long screaming victims are supposedly a "call out" for you to put them down and grab yer badge. Takes 20 of them to get it ;)

I'm not sure if it that has anything to do with it but sadly getting the achievement doesn't fix it:(

Ok. FINALLY finished it. Or rather I should say I finally got it and finished it.

First impressions: Maybe I'm the only one, but I actually miss the elevators. All they did was replace them with load screens anyway. I miss the airlock and actually staying on the planet rather than jumping off to space every time you get in your ship.

I don't like that use, run and cover were all tied to the same key(on PC, we have a lot of keys, it would be nice if we could use more of them). Shift should be run, space was fine as pause before. I understand they wanted it to be a more direct port for PC from xbox. But come on. I like the use to be it's own key. I could have handled run and cover on the same key. Overall, I liked the key setup better on ME1.

It's not all bad. I liked that you could fire off a special in an arc. They can't hide around that box forever haha. Kinda fun to fire off a singularity around a corner and watch the baddies go flying. Loved that mini-nuke. That was hilarious. Scanning was at first tedious. Then I actually found myself scanning and probing even though I didn't need the resources. Fun mini-game. Speaking of which, the hacking and bypass was actually more fun on this one. It actually made sense. but more than that it was fun.

I did miss the Mako. but then I didn't really miss the wide open miles of nothing with the occasional stuff. I'm glad they didn't make every bunker the same as the last with just a different layout of boxes. And unlike other games where once you unlocked something they didn't just stop talking to you. Hearing "I am the very model of a scientist salarian" was great. Those quick timed events were also fun(and at times funny). new Normandy groovy. New crew, kinda groovy. missions, very groovy.

Overall, I actually enjoyed this one more than the first. not by a wide margin, mind you. there were a lot of things I preferred about the first, but the actual total game of 2 made it worthwhile.

First impressions: Maybe I'm the only one, but I actually miss the elevators. All they did was replace them with load screens anyway. I miss the airlock and actually staying on the planet rather than jumping off to space every time you get in your ship.

I was mixed on the elevators. On one hand it was really the only time your crew interacted w/one another outside of cutscenes. On the other, it usually meant I'd get an unwanted mission clogging up my que. Several others here, though, have expressed the same lament.

I don't like that use, run and cover were all tied to the same key(on PC, we have a lot of keys, it would be nice if we could use more of them). Shift should be run, space was fine as pause before. I understand they wanted it to be a more direct port for PC from xbox. But come on. I like the use to be it's own key. I could have handled run and cover on the same key. Overall, I liked the key setup better on ME1.

I think you can probably change the binding keys. I've recently been playing both of them and sometimes get the shift/spacebar mixed up during combat.

It's not all bad. I liked that you could fire off a special in an arc. They can't hide around that box forever haha. Kinda fun to fire off a singularity around a corner and watch the baddies go flying. Loved that mini-nuke. That was hilarious. Scanning was at first tedious. Then I actually found myself scanning and probing even though I didn't need the resources. Fun mini-game. Speaking of which, the hacking and bypass was actually more fun on this one. It actually made sense. but more than that it was fun.

Yeah, didn't like the minigames from ME1 that were replaced in ME2. The new ones are better after you get the hacking upgrades and are less pressed for time. Mini-nuke is a permanent feature of Shep's arsenal. Directed powers cool feature as well.

I did miss the Mako. but then I didn't really miss the wide open miles of nothing with the occasional stuff. I'm glad they didn't make every bunker the same as the last with just a different layout of boxes. And unlike other games where once you unlocked something they didn't just stop talking to you. Hearing "I am the very model of a scientist salarian" was great. Those quick timed events were also fun(and at times funny). new Normandy groovy. New crew, kinda groovy. missions, very groovy.

I actually didn't miss the Mako, esp the empty driving around part. As to the npc conversating mode, you still get the brush off past a certain point, much like in the first one. The paragon/renegade action options were a nice touch. Nice thing about the missions were that, as you said, the scenery wasn't almost always interchangable .

Overall, I actually enjoyed this one more than the first. not by a wide margin, mind you. there were a lot of things I preferred about the first, but the actual total game of 2 made it worthwhile.

Agreed.

• 2 weeks later...
If you post your request here I'm sure someone on these forums will have the save you want. :)

Should I post in this thread or should I start a new one?

Wasn't there a savegame editor out for ME2 where you can toggle flags and stuff?

Yes there is a save editor, but the edits I do mess with the game enough to where it crashes.

Archived