Home

Mass Effect 2 [thread contains spoilers]

Nedak

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Steam has ME1 for $5 again and 40% off ME2 (although it's still pricey as the Steam version is way overpriced to begin with) as part of their EA week of specials. Dragon Age is next.

Even though I've played both..I just wish my computer could play ME lol. Playing Dragon Age would be cool too.

WOW, just found the 2 new 'locations' in the captains cabin. (I romanced Miranda btw)

First you can call Miranda up to your cabin, when she gets there you can find her on the sofa. You can then find the sit option, choose that one and Miranda takes a seat in your lap. (not like THAT)

Then there is the rest option on your bed, choose that one and you rest a bit in the arms of Miranda. (and again, NOT like THAT)

The love scene in the engine room was pretty cool too.

Too bad that the 'top down' variation of Mirandas white outfit is not available ingame. :)

WOW, just found the 2 new 'locations' in the captains cabin. (I romanced Miranda btw)

First you can call Miranda up to your cabin, when she gets there you can find her on the sofa. You can then find the sit option, choose that one and Miranda takes a seat in your lap. (not like THAT)

Then there is the rest option on your bed, choose that one and you rest a bit in the arms of Miranda. (and again, NOT like THAT)

You might want to put that in a spoiler or something JUST in case someone didn't romance her( although it's pretty hard to imagine:p)

The love scene in the engine room was pretty cool too.

Too bad that the 'top down' variation of Mirandas white outfit is not available ingame. :)

It is. With mods.

I mean i'm not sure if you can make Miranda look like that through the entire game, but you can Shepard's casual ourfit.

• 2 weeks later...

I actually played a bit of ME2 recently. It was just as awesome as the first time I played. I replayed as a renegade dude-shep, and managed to keep everyone alive. I'm on a second playthrough as a paragon dudette-shep.

Is the person in the opening always the person you banged in ME1?

Yep, unless you did not have a romance in ME1, then it is either Ashley or Kaidan depending on your choice in ME1.

I've been playing again too. Just picked up the FTL. Overlord was alright, the ending made the entire purchase worth it for me. Although it is longer than "Bring Down the Sky" the choice did remind me somewhat of it. Very well done and fun, although if not for the ending I don't know if it would have been worth the money.

Edit:

Finished about a hour ago and have just been messing around on the ship; talking to the crew , watching Kelly dance, etc…

When to Port Observation (Kasumi's Room) and starting drinking after drinking a few drinking and then mixing the blue and red Liquor...

EDI informs Shepard the women’s restroom is on the starboard side of the ship.

It's a shame that the Kasumi and Zaeed DLC is so half-assed outside of their loyalty missions. I did like that Kasumi at least makes some comments about your specific love interest, even if you couldn't have a proper conversation with her.

I thought Overlord was pretty so-so. I hate the stupid hovertank thing, so the fact that half of it was in that annoyed me. I hadn't even bothered to retrieve it in that playthrough, so it just magically appearing was weird. The on-foot sections were OK, although nothing to write home about. I was disappointed you weren't offered some more extreme options at the end. My Shep is unhappy when he can't resolve a situation by shooting people in the face or pushing them out a window.

*sends mimartin secret key to the Kasumi fan clubhouse*

Good to see you on board mimartin :)

You sure about that? :D

I will say my last playthrough Kasumi was my third party member I picked up and I used her for about 80% of all missions so she grew on me. Still not my favorite NPC, but I at least don't feel cheated by BioWare any longer. This was just the best pic of a NPC I could find. ;)

Unless BioWare decides to make DLC with NPC that actually speak to the PC in their so-called “Role-Playing Action Games,” then I’m done purchasing this crap they pass off for DLC (even the free crap). I feel like I’ve just purchase horse armor all over again.

What made you decide to purchase Overlord ?

I just finished it a couple of hours ago. I really enjoyed it. The vehicles levels arent my favourite but it was broken up nicely by some story+action. I really enjoyed the story, and the bit where my femshep looked like she got swallowed by the matrix :D

The ending was creepy+awesome...those eyes!!

mtfbwya

What made you decide to purchase Overlord ?
Was so frustrated attempting to play another developers game, I figured BioWare wasn’t so bad. At least their games are playable. Besides since Overlord had nothing to do with party members I figured it was safe.

The Aegis Pack is out now.

For the times when overkill, doesn't seem like enough, there is the Aegis Pack.

What's better than the latest in high-tech armor? High-tech armor and a sniper rifle, of course! The Aegis Pack adds the M-29 Incisor sniper rifle and the Kestrel armor to Shepard’s armor locker!

The Incisor is a burst-fire rifle that excels at decimating enemy shields from a distance, while the Kestrel armor comes in 5 pieces and adds a variety of weapon, shield, and utility bonuses.

Check out the DLC page for more info on this explosive pack and get equipped now!

The Kestrel armors sounds cool.

(The Kestrel armor comes in five pieces: The Kestrel Helmet adds weapon damage, shield strength, and headshot damage. The Kestrel Torso Sheath adds melee and weapon damage and shield strength. Kestrel Arm Sheathing adds melee and weapon damage and shield strength. Kestrel Shoulder Pieces adds shields and melee damage. The Kestrel hip-mounted Power Pack ups shields and heavy weapon ammo capacity.)

Grrr...okay, really, really stupid question. I just got around to purchasing the Overlord DLC. There's only one problem. I can't figure out how to download it now that I've bought it. -_- After checkout, I was redirected to the Mass Effect 2 official site, and there was no sign of a "download the thing you just bought here" button (or maybe I just missed it). I really don't want to mess this up. It'd be an expensive mistake.

So, anyway...how do I download the DLC I've purchased?

So, anyway...how do I download the DLC I've purchased?

I hate how it does that! if you ever get lost you can do a few things:

*Start the ME2 game launcher and select the "downlaodable content" tab - it should take you to this..the problem is that when there is new content it sometimes doesnt

if not just copy and paste/bookmark this URL

http://social.bioware.com/user_entitlements.php

OR> log into

http://social.bioware.com

and select profile>my registered game promotions.

All the downloads are in there :)

gerttodlc.jpg

mtfbwya

Hmm...that was the first place I checked. :lol: But I just had another thought...

Okay, mystery solved. Since all my Bioware points are still there, I guess the transaction simply didn't go through for whatever reason. (sigh)

Sorry to bother y'all. :o Thanks for the help, Astro.

• 3 weeks later...

Bioware has announced the Lair of the Shadow Broker DLC which will see Shepard teaming up with Liara in her fight against the Shadow Broker.

BioWare has announced the latest downloadable mission for Shepard's crew, entitled "Lair of the Shadow Broker." The mission involves teaming up with ally (and potential Mass Effect 1 romantic interest) Liara T'Soni to take on the notorious information broker.

Rumors first surfaced about this DLC back in April, but it's nice to have the official confirmation. Liara's behavior toward Shepard in Mass Effect 2, which was distant and unenthusiastic, left many fans of the first game disappointed. Hopefully, this DLC pack will explain why she wasn't elated to see the galaxy's greatest hero – especially since the events of the comic series Mass Effect: Redemption begin with Liara's quest to find Shepard. If nothing else, the pack is likely to elaborate on – and possibly conclude – Liara's ongoing struggle against the Shadow Broker.

BioWare hasn't revealed the specifics of the mission, such as price point, length, or whether it adds Liara as a permanent party member. Even the release date is a mystery; it is currently listed only as "coming soon." We'll be sure to bring you more details when they're available...and you won't even have to pay for the information like you would if you were dealing with a certain shadowy broker. In the meantime, check out screens from the upcoming DLC below.

source: http://gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2010/07/22/new-mass-effect-dlc-pits-liara-against-the-shadow-broker.aspxshadow_broker-01-o.jpg

02/17/2010

I have a feeling the Shadow Broker is either going to play an import role in ME 3 or in downloadable content. Personally I don’t think we have seen the end of Liara in ME2. Unlike Ash or Carth Jr Kaidan, Shepard never received a apologetic space email from Liara (unless Kelly deleted it). :)
I declare myself the Nostrdamus of Lucas Forums.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

Very, very sad. The shadow broker is one of the more interesting unseen characters of Mass Effect, so it's a real shame to deal with him or her through a meager DLC. Then again, who knows - it might simply serve as an introduction to that particular character which could span into ME3. I guess, we'll have to wait and see.

Archived