Home

Mass Effect 2 [thread contains spoilers]

Nedak

You'd pay US$60 for the PS3 version when you could just pay US$7 each for Kasumi and Overlord DLCs (the rest being free or not worth money) for the PC or 360 version you presumably already have?

well, yeah, i have the PC version of both me and me2 but i hate pc gaming, i dont have an xbox and PS3 is my console of choice. if he could enjoy the ME2experience on my preferred console, win win. and..TROPHIESS bonuzzezzz

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finished it again with my imported femShep, very paragon and only one casualty (!) and that was only because i couldn't be bothered to gain jack's loyalty. god she's annoying. i find myself wishing there was some way to drop her off somewhere, or leave her to burn, Zaeed-style. grrr.

now i just need my copy of ME1 to arrive so i can do this thing properly :|

We get to fly a speeder car?

Way cool. :)

Why does that part of the trailer remind me of ep2? :xp: Never lose your lightsaber, that weapon is your life!

I am most likely going to download this, just got into DLC a few weeks ago and kinda fell in love :p: Yeah, its a total rip off, but anything to get more of ME2:D Im not buying weapons and highly cool(read: F*ckimg ugly) shades, just these missions though. So Im not completely beyond salvation... Yet.

i don't really see the point of this romance liara conclusionthough, because a) most of us romance an ME2 charactter anyway AND it doesn't matter at ALL. I mean, nothing happened with ashley for people who romanced her in ME1.

Is it purely coincidencee or is releasing 2 "girl romance" dlcs alongside part of some strange marketting plan

Well the logical assumption early on was that they were saving both for ME3, but this potentially muddies the waters a little. Still, I'm not sure where they'll go with this. There doesn't look like there is room to squeeze Liara in as a permanent companion for the rest of the game, meaning she probably leaves at the end of the DLC (I suspect that the Shadow Broker escapes and she vows to pursue him/her/them/it). Even if you get a bit of quality time before she leaves, you'll likely still get the chance to knock someone else off before the final mission as per usual. The only point where conflict may arise is starting it from a post-end game save where you got some on the side. It will be interesting to see how they address that scenario.

i don't really see the point of this romance liara conclusionthough, because a) most of us romance an ME2 charactter anyway AND it doesn't matter at ALL. I mean, nothing happened with ashley for people who romanced her in ME1.

Is it purely coincidencee or is releasing 2 "girl romance" dlcs alongside part of some strange marketting plan

Because having one romance in ME1 and then dumping them (turning over the picture) for someone else in ME2 is expected to play badly with any romance you may have in ME3. and presumably it is good for people who were disappointed at Liara's cold attitude in ME2, romance conclusion notwithstanding. there is no room for her as a squadmember in Me2 post-endgame or not, but i would say there is room for her in ME3, which is perhaps what they are angling at.

oh who cares about the ME1 romances anyway. Lets look at our options

Ashley - Religious crap.

Liara - Moany little girl (for asari years, anyway)

Miranda - nice pixellated ass, with the face and voice of yvonne strahovski

Samara - Old..and annoyed me with the whole justice bull.

Thane - For a female character, this guy is ace for a romance, hes just way cooler, with his illness and colorful past.

Tali - Cute, it's a bit more immersive because of the thought of what she looks like under her mask. Know her from ME1.

Garrus - Awesome, Badass...know him from ME1

Morinth - Kills you if you romance her..no thanks..

Jack - Hate her..freaks me out.

so, the good ones for me are Garrus, Tali, Thane, Miranda. All from ME2 :S

yeah, but the point is if you have two different romances across the games, it will hamper the possibility of continuing *any* of them into me3 if i understand it correctly. presumably the character is viewed as being unfaithful. who knows? but the sum total is that if you do decide the me2 romances are better (which i think they are aswell) you run the risk of screwing up the rrromance in the 3rd game, depending on your choices then obviously.

yeah, but the point is if you have two different romances across the games, it will hamper the possibility of continuing *any* of them into me3 if i understand it correctly. presumably the character is viewed as being unfaithful. who knows? but the sum total is that if you do decide the me2 romances are better (which i think they are aswell) you run the risk of screwing up the rrromance in the 3rd game, depending on your choices then obviously.

Complications.......but that's what romance is all about anyway. :devsmoke:

Frankly, depending on how it's handled, a confrontation w/your ex vs new "girlfriend" could be humorous.

@Taak Farst--you forgot to mention the "rock of gibraltar" on Ash's shoulder as well.

oh who cares about the ME1 romances anyway. Lets look at our options

Ashley - Religious crap.

Liara - Moany little girl (for asari years, anyway)

Miranda - nice pixellated ass, with the face and voice of yvonne strahovski

Samara - Old..and annoyed me with the whole justice bull.

Thane - For a female character, this guy is ace for a romance, hes just way cooler, with his illness and colorful past.

Tali - Cute, it's a bit more immersive because of the thought of what she looks like under her mask. Know her from ME1.

Garrus - Awesome, Badass...know him from ME1

Morinth - Kills you if you romance her..no thanks..

Jack - Hate her..freaks me out.

so, the good ones for me are Garrus, Tali, Thane, Miranda. All from ME2 :S

You forgot Kaidan and Jacob (- nice pixellated abs! :xp: - ) which are my choices when I play a female char. I found Garrus to be boring in ME2 "Sorry, I'm in the middle of some calibrations"...and Thane, well he's cool but regardless of the ending of ME2, I doubt he'll be around in ME3 given his story...

For my male char (Earthborn, sole survivor), I went with Jack: the paragon romance gave far more depth to her personality.

Anyway, I bet there will be a savegame editor to play around with variables for the next game too (PC users) and change your choices.

I thought I'd escaped from the rapist smile that Shepard seems intent on doing at inappropriate moments, but no, the horror has returned.

My Shep doesnt do a rapist smile, he just sometimes stares into weird directions "deep in thought", completely ignoring everything around him. I only stand it cause i actually do it too :xp:

So I ran through Lair of the Shadow Broker last night, although not before having to download the whole freaking thing twice (way to check your crap before release Bioware). It seems to be getting a lot of gushing praise, but I wasn't overly excited by it. Far too little dialogue with Liara for my tastes and the combat pacing was a bit odd

the mid-level boss being far tougher than the final boss

. The controls in the car sequence were terrible on PC, but that didn't exactly surprise me after the horror that is the Hammerhead. I didn't expect the final outcome, but on reflection it was the most logical outcome. I'm not sure where the carry-over to ME3 is though. I don't recall making any noteworthy decisions. I played it as part of a new playthrough though on my first visit to Illium, so perhaps there is some additional content in the endgame I haven't seen yet that is relevant to ME3.

Archived