Home

Mass Effect 2 [thread contains spoilers]

Nedak

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ I suppose the no babies rule is still in place on the Normandy.

Anyone likes this cover art? I think it absolutely sucks. And the original ME art was awesome so that is too bad. The 2 people in the back look ok but Sheperd just looks ridiculous and overall it sucks.

The original art was ok, though a little too much starwarsy... This one looks a bit more original, methinks.

Anyone likes this cover art? I think it absolutely sucks. And the original ME art was awesome so that is too bad. The 2 people in the back look ok but Sheperd just looks ridiculous and overall it sucks.

I like it just fine. You can't please everyone.

I have to say I wasn't overly impressed with the ME2 box art. It's not bad per se, it just doesn't really grab me like the box art on the original ME did.

I also saw that an ME2 bonus item will be included in the Collector's Edition of Dragon Age: Origins. I'm guessing that offering a bonus for an upcoming game in another game is a first for BioWare.

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=75494

^ Agreed. The pre-order bonuses are fair enough, but offering a free demo or something with a different game that you weren't planning on buying sort of defeats its purpose. Almost as if the company was trying to reward those who were buying both games than sell their game their demonstrating.

... Unless, of course, it isn't a demo.

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't been following the news the last few days, new screens are out.

And a trailer for a new squad member

Thane looks pretty amazing, Grunt looks like a psychotic version of Wrex with cooler armor. Throw in some ME1 characters, a brand new Normandy (look closely at the new screens), that babe from the cover art and a Rocket Launcher, add a pinch of salt and stir well and I think we'll have a game.

• 1 month later...

All of these videos are starting to scare me a bit, they all give off a sense of linearity; something I hoped would die with the first game. Go to point A, B, C, recruit character A, B, C with generic "I want you on my kickass squad," line; and proceed to final mission. Most of the videos seem to suggest that is the path the game is going to follow; hoping I'm proven wrong.

Hey, as long as they include the "hook up with two girls" option from Jade Empire, they can do whatever they want with the rest of it. :naughty:

Seriously now, the first game was great so there's really no good reason to I'm still kind of hoping they won't F-up the sequel.

Archived