Home

Is anyone still playing Knights of the Old Republic

Yar-El

Is anyone still playing Knights of the Old Republic?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Is anyone still playing Knights of the Old Republic?

• Knights of the Old Republic
    • Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords
    • Yoda

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kotor1 from time to time, not so often but i reinstall it sometimes. K2 i have been waiting for the restoration projeckt, but have realized it wont be out for a pretty long time. But since i really don't care so much for replaying the game for like the 10:th time i can wait untill it finally completed.

I haven't played K1 in about a year. I'm also waiting for BoS:SR. I can't wait to see what feats of wizardry Silveredge9 will dazzle us with this time.

Even on my tiny harddrive, K2 is always installed (alongside PS:T and BG2) and I play through it every couple of months, or whenever an interesting mod comes out.

Haven't played either game in probably over two years now... I have still played them more than most other games I have ever played so other than wanting to try out some of the mods people have made since I last played I think I've had enough.

I'm on my third play-through of KotOR II in the past four months, each time with more restored content than the last. Right now I've got numerous fixes from Team Gizka's site that I (thankfully) nabbed before they were removed for inclusion in the project; the M4-78 restoration (I forget who the author on this one is, but it's not accessible from the Galaxy Map - you need to talk to T3 about it); odds and ends, mostly polishes and touch-ups, that I found on kotorfiles and similar sites. I'm rather fond of the Nar Shaddaa skyboxes mod, which gives Nar Shaddaa a much more vibrant and complete look. I've also got the Jedi Temple mod, which I've considered adding voice-overs to myself (with the authors express permission, of course), but other than that I have absolutely no problems with it - it's great stuff. :D

I haven't played the first one in a long time, though I plan on re-installing it after a few more play-throughs of the second. It's still one of my favourite games, and it'll never get old for me.

Not for quite some time. Last time I ran TSL within the last several months was to get The Jedi Masters running. Though, my KotOR play disc broke and I did replace it. When the TSLRP is released, I'll probably run through TSL again.

Like others though, each time I have tried to play it through, I come to one of the more boring and formulaic parts and just give up.

Uh, I came here expecting the poll options to be "Yes" or "No." I found it odd that we had to vote for one game other the other and not both. As such, I voted "Yoda."

Anyway, I still play both games. I try to do so at least once a year, usually to re-experience them with the newest mods I've accumulated. I'll always play through both games as a dark sider first, and then once again as a light sider, since the light side endings are the canonical ones. So that's a total of four plays every single time, and I never ever find it tedious.

How's Team Gizka's project coming along, by the way? I've not heard anything from them on these forums in a while, nor have they updated their website since about October 2007.

Archived