Home

How old were they? [spoilers!]

JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan

Does anyone know how old the party members were in kotor?

For some reason, i think mission is 14 (either i heard it somewhere or it was in the game)

my calculations put the male PC at 23, bastila at 20/21, juhani at 18/19, carth at 38, canderous at 45-50, jolee at 62-65, zaalbar at 80-100, hk at 3, and t3, the youngest at 0.

id put the female PC at 28. (yknow, with carth being nearly 40 and all....)

something just came to me... a wookie's average life span is 600 years... which means that zaalbar will probably be in TOR! :emodanc:

what are your thoughts?

Best Guesses:

Revan - About 30. That would place her at 25 or so when the Mandalorian Wars started, quite young for Knighthood, but old enough to have earned her dues.

Trask - Despite the gray hair, I'd say early 20's, seeing as he's an Ensign, and his behavior is still rather reckless.

Carth -- Established at 38, per the Player's guide.

Mission - 14 by her own admission.

Zaalbar - Zaalbar is consistently referred to as "young" when you visit Kashyyyk. His demeanor around Mission and shyness also seem to point to our big fellow as being only an adolescent himself. Wookiees don't age like humans. Chewbacca was roughly 300 when he was attempting (and failing) to keep Han out of trouble. They're considered full adults at about 100. Given that, I'll guess Big Z is about 80.

Bastila -- Roughly 20. Still not enough mileage to be a full Knight, and definitely too young for the "you're the galaxy's only hope" and other backhanded BS the Council's loading onto her.

Canderous -- About 53-55 as of K1, 58-60 as of K2. The Mandalorians tend to have an "initiation by fire" around 13-15, per the Boba Fett books and Ms. Traviss. Since he's been fighting around the galaxy for a bit over 40 years, the math adds up.

Juhani - VERY tough to place her. Rather glad she hadn't been found by the #$%$ Covenant and seemed blissfully unaware of their existence. They could have made use of her in some very bad ways. She was probably taken in by the Jedi, despite being a bit older than their usual recruits (read: old enough to give informed consent). Anyway, I figured around 14-15 when she shows up on Dantooine, making her also about 20.

Jolee - Let's see, with Exar Kun's War being 40 years earlier, and he was old enough to be a Knight at the start, but not a full one. I'm guessing 70, give or take 2 years.

Some of them are given in-game, and for the others you can guestimate how old they are.

Revan's age is hard to determine, but assuming that Revan is some sort of prodigy, then having Revan be around 23-25 in the first game seem reasonable. Of course, nothing is revealed about Revan's age, but the movers and shakers in star wars tend to be young (eg. Leia is 18 in ANH, Padme being 14 in TPM).

Canderous is established as being 63 years in Kotor2 (actually in a dev post on the kotor2 forums), so that puts him at 58 years in Kotor.

Jolee is a bit older than Canderous, but not much, so say 65 years in kotor. Ignoring Zaalbar, Jolee and Canderous are definitely the senior citizens of the crew, they have at least 2 decades on the third oldest member which is Carth :xp:

Zaalbar is anyone's guess. Wookiees can live for a while, so he could easily be 100+ years.

Bastila is 18-19 in kotor. She tells Carth, that 5 years earlier, she was still an apprentice. The cut-off age for Jedi apprentices is 13, so Bastila could have been no older than that those 5 years ago.

Since droids are machines, it doesn't really makes sense to talk about their age.

I always put revan at about 23-25, bastilla to be about 21-23, juhani to be about 24-26, carth around 30-35, canderous to be in his high fifties or low sixties, and jolee to be about 60-65 ish.

Mission is 14, dunno about Zaalbar, and age don't be jack to machines that can be upgraded/repaired as needed.

Oh, but Revan and the Exile are speshul amazing child prodigies :3 I think there was a timeline of galactic history on Wookiepedia which mentioned the birthdays of certain characters. Revan's and Exile's birthdays are determined by you, naturally.

After reading these posts I guess it makes sense that Bastila was 18-22ish, given the typical young heroes and the comment about her being an apprentice 5 years prior, but during the game I had the sense that she was a little older than that - something like 25-28.

I thought Revan was around the same age, maybe a little older - perhaps 27-30.

For K2? Hmmm...

Exile: 30-35

Atton: 30-35

Kreia: 65-70

Mira: 23-26

Brianna: 28-32

Mical: 22-25

Mandelore: 63 (established by dev)

Bao Dur: 28-34

Visas: 25-28

Hanharr: ????

Those are my best guesses though Bao-Dur and Visas are really hard to say for sure. Hanharr is nearly impossible to tell though I would guess that he was older than Zaalbar.

~HOP

^ Ah yes I forgot wikipedia.

All of those ages seem reasonable except for Kreia. There is no way she is only fifty especially with all of those comments made by Atton about how old she looked. She looks waaay older than 50. I don't think the writers would have put all that "Kreia's old" dialogue in if she were only fifty.

Methinks wikipedia screwed up. :xp:

~HOP

^ Ah yes I forgot wikipedia.

All of those ages seem reasonable except for Kreia. There is no way she is only fifty especially with all of those comments made by Atton about how old she looked. She looks waaay older than 50. I don't think the writers would have put all that "Kreia's old" dialogue in if she were only fifty.

Methinks wikipedia screwed up. :xp:

~HOP

Remember that over-usage of the dark side can prematurely age one's body. Look at Palpatine.

Remember that over-usage of the dark side can prematurely age one's body. Look at Palpatine.

I really think Darth Sidious' appearance is more of someone who is deformed, not someone who is aged. Kreia doesn't look deformed in any way that Sidious does, though her skin does turn practically white after she arrives at Malachor.

Archived