Home

Just finished CoD4's SP campaign

The Betrayer

I really enjoyed the storyline of CoD4, the whole SAS storyline a bit more than the American one, though. But the American bit was enjoyable enough.

The nuclear weapon going off in the last American mission was VERY unexpected, but well implemented! Then playing as Soap from then on out was marvellous!

I think originality, due to the modern setting, helped the game greatly - it could go wherever the developers wished, rather than being (somewhat) restricted by a historical setting. I'm looking forward to any sequal they decide to do in the 'Modern' setting.

I'm not much for online, though now that I have a 12 months xbox live gold subscription I might get into it more, but that aside I found the single player campaign kind of disappointing compared to other CoD games. It ended and the thought that entered into my head was "that's it?"

I still think CoD: WaW is better, I much prefer the online mode

Yes, it is much better, online play.

I don't have CoD 4 personally, but I have played it at a friends house. I definately (would) think that CoD 4 has a much better storyline and some great online play, but overall I think that CoD W@W has a more refined online gameplay, and that it why I like it. It could be a lot better though.

I am really looking forward to CoD 6: Modern Warfare 2. :D

I working on Veteran, and The AI is about as unforgiving as the Director in Left 4 Dead. It's either grenade spam and the baddies shooting you, or it's just grenade spam. however it's still fun. I suck at multiplayer. I honestly think that this one was much better than WaW, from a standpoint on realism, fun and soundtrack.

The soundtrack was awesome in 4, with a good mixture of orchestrated pieces and good ol' fashioned guitar solos. In WaW, the music didn't fit in at all. In "Their Land, Their Blood" in the middle of the music, there is this big ugly chord that makes me cringe everytime I hear it, followed by death by grenade spam. Being a big music person, I have never played that level again because I can't stand the music.

[/rant]

I want another Infinity Ward-WWII CoD....
I don't, I'm freakin' sick of WWII games, Call of Duty, Brothers in Arms, Medal of Honor, Company of Heroes. Besides unless it is one of those alternate time-line games (which isn't really a WWII game) I already know what is going to happen. Nazi's lose, Japan loses, USA wins, yay American Pride.

What i would want is a WW1 CoD, that would be more interesting. And im too sick of the WW2 area, it have been done to no end and it feels like evry WW2 shooter is just a copy-paste of the earlier ones. How many times do you need to play D-Day ? Or that russian sniper ? Or that boring tank level that is in so many WW2 shooters...

What i would want is a WW1 CoD, that would be more interesting.

It is an interesting concept, but I wonder how well trench warfare would translate to a videogame. I personally think they should stick with the 'Modern' theatre for a while, first.

And im too sick of the WW2 area, it have been done to no end and it feels like evry WW2 shooter is just a copy-paste of the earlier ones. How many times do you need to play D-Day ? Or that russian sniper ? Or that boring tank level that is in so many WW2 shooters...

True enough. Although, I personally quite enjoyed the Soviet campaign in WaW. What it lacked, though, was a good British campaign! Or, perhaps a Second World War CoD set in the African theatre.

Or, perhaps a Second World War CoD set in the African theatre.
Wouldn't work, 'cause the towns/villages would be filled with black people, somebody would cry "That's Racist!" and then you would just have these white African's running around in your base killing your dudes and stealing your pants. On a slightly more serious note, I could have sworn that Call of Duty 2 had a North African Campaign, or at least a few levels/a chapter set there.

CoD2 had a North African Campaign, so did MoH. That the only two WW2 games i can think about that have a North African Campaign that i have played, at least that i can come up with now.

And also about mavericks racist comment, "It's funny because it's true" just look at the new Resident Evil, people is screaming it's racismen that the majority of the enemys is black, when you are in a freakin african village.

On a slightly more serious note, I could have sworn that Call of Duty 2 had a North African Campaign, or at least a few levels/a chapter set there.

CoD2 had a North African Campaign, so did MoH. That the only two WW2 games i can think about that have a North African Campaign that i have played, at least that i can come up with now.

Ah, I haven't played CoD 2, or MoH (apart from a few minutes on Frontline), so I didn't know about that. Still, it seems to be very underused, compared with the draining-dry of the Western European theatre of war.

Ah, I haven't played CoD 2, or MoH (apart from a few minutes on Frontline), so I didn't know about that. Still, it seems to be very underused, compared with the draining-dry of the Western European theatre of war.
Yes we want moar Desert Fox!!! and you should play CoD 1 and 2 if you like WWII shooters, they're the only WWII shooters that I can stand.

Yes we want moar Desert Fox!!!

:nod:

Quite right! Rommel's presence in Africa makes its near-exclusion even more remarkable, in my opinion.

and you should play CoD 1 and 2 if you like WWII shooters, they're the only WWII shooters that I can stand.

Call of Duty is about the only FPS series I am into now, since 4 - WaW was good, too - though I wasn't too fond of 3. Might have a look for 1 and 2 at some point. ;)

Archived