Home

Suggestion for a new Forum Feature

Over at deadlystream we have a nifty little feature I think would be good to have over here at LF.

Basically, when you get a PM, Visitor Message, or whatever, you get this little module at the top of the forums, that tells you the subject, sender and gives you a link to the message.

It doesn't take up much space, and IMO, it's quite a handy thing to have there.

Here's a screenshot:

PMALERT.jpg.44e696b0e1261c442e0f537fcf75d00d.jpg

But even without the popup for VMs you still have a notification area already, this just seems like adding a feature that is already present. It's not a big deal either way if a lot of others want it, I just don't see the point to it. :)

How long would those verbose notifications stay on display? Until they've been read, or only be shown once? Also, should it only display the most recently received+unread regardless of type, or the most recently received+unread of each type?

(The popup notices are likely intended to be annoying so you can't miss them. Not much point of a notification that is easily overlooked. :))

It only shows once like the popup and only displays the last PM recieved so people who have a lot of PM's won't have half a screen of notices.

A wee bit of coding should allow for it to stay there until said PM is read, I was going to look into it but haven't had a chance yet.

--Stream

Archived