Home

intro and a few questions

knockhimout

hello. i am new to this forum (duh). i am an insane football player and a fan of tolkien. i also like the original star wars and think the republic is awesome, though indiana jones is better. i love most games based on star wars as well, but i have never played battlefront and i really want to.

couple questions about it first.

how are the graphics? ive played games by pandemic, like lotr conquest, and the graphics are okay.

how is the gameplay itself? the gameplay for the pandemic games ive played is pretty good. ive also researched battlefront and it looks good and thorough.

how would you compare it to conquest and others?

and finally, whats a tag?:D i guess its the equivalent of a signature, but i dont know.

thats really all the questions i can think of. excited to join the community.

For SWBF2. I've not played SWBF, which is why I'm posting here rather than in the SWBF section. The graphics aren't half bad. They're not good, either; however, there are Unofficial 1.2 and 1.3 patches that improve the graphics.

Gameplay in itself is alright. Jawa already said it, the AI system sucks. The online play is mostly explosions and prepubescent teenagers swearing at you when you kill them.

I haven't played Conquest. It's not bad compared to the other FPS games of its time. If you're comparing it to games like CoD: Waw, your standards are too high. Since the modding community is huge, there's enough new content to keep the game alive.

Tags? As in BB Code tags?

Not exactly- You choose which faction to play as at the start and can switch mid game, yet for some reason some maps only let you play ones from certain timezones. Its been along time since i played, so i can't remember the exact ones. You choose on Instant action ofc, i.e

Map A- Conquest, Galactic Civil War ( Empire vs Rebels)

Map B- CTF, Clone Wars (Republic vs CIS)

Map C- Conquest, GLC OR CW.

But you can't mix the sides up, as if to have Empire take on CIS so to speak. I can assumes theres mods out there for the PC that let you do that, but i'm a console man :)

hello. i am new to this forum (duh). i am an insane football player and a fan of tolkien. i also like the original star wars and think the republic is awesome, though indiana jones is better. i love most games based on star wars as well, but i have never played battlefront and i really want to.

couple questions about it first.

how are the graphics? ive played games by pandemic, like lotr conquest, and the graphics are okay.

how is the gameplay itself? the gameplay for the pandemic games ive played is pretty good. ive also researched battlefront and it looks good and thorough.

how would you compare it to conquest and others?

and finally, whats a tag?:D i guess its the equivalent of a signature, but i dont know.

thats really all the questions i can think of. excited to join the community.

Hey Knockhimout... :) The graphics are O-K... The cloth simulations are really nice though... Gameplay is good. I'd say this game is better than Conquest at everything except for graphics... I do believe you're talking about the BB Code tags... bokkenblader56 gave a link, you can probably use those and if you're still lost, you can always go to the LucasForums FAQ Page ;) Those give the codes and a description of what they do... :)

Welcome to LF... :)

And I do hope these forums come back to life...

Archived