Home

Is it possible?

Nedak

Have you ever been bestfriends with a girl, but you were not attracted to her?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever been bestfriends with a girl, but you were not attracted to her?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sort of (explain)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At the risk of stating the obvious, I'd venture to guess that it's for the resolution of a RL situation.

Incorrect.

Well, the question arose from a conversation with a few of my buds and I and a few people have posted the question on multiple forums.

Would you like your cookie now?

You got me.

As a participant I am required to give you either a cookie or a punch in the testicles.

Your call.

There shall be no assault on someone's future generations on Lucasforums. :xp:

I've had a couple of male friends who were/are soul-mates. One of them happened to be gay so our relationship was totally platonic, but I loved him as much as I could love anyone, and even though he died 13 years ago now, I still miss him horribly. My other soul-mate lives about 500 miles away who I met in college. We don't get to see each other very often at all, but when we get together it's like we've never been apart. We can talk about any subject without being judgmental, and we have a mutual love and respect that would actually be ruined by any kind of romantic activity (assuming that I thought extramarital activity was OK, which I really don't.)

Incorrect.

Well, the question arose from a conversation with a few of my buds and I and a few people have posted the question on multiple forums.

Would you like your cookie now?

Well, like I said before, it can work as long as there are no hormones involved. As soon as there are, however, it's over, nothing is salvageable, and the best thing to do is split.

Unless the hormones are mutual, of course. Then it's your funeral. :p

And I don't know whether I've earned it or not, but yeah, I'll take my cookie. :D

Plenty of times. I have two best friends, my best friend Alexia (Raven) and my best friend Taylor, they are soooooo close to me and I love them both but if I were to be a lesbian I wouldn't want an intimate relationship cause I don't view either of them that way. I love them both in like a family-type way, cause essentially that is what they are to me.

That's been my plan for the past 12 years. After observing my siblings' marriages for several years, I've come to the conclusion that all I'm missing out on is a bunch of needless noise. I prefer peace and quiet.

Run, my brother! Fly! Be free! RUN! :p

Yeah, I had a similar attitude, but just feel very different now. It may happen to you too :xp:

And here I thought you were a rational kind of guy Q, I mean look at what you get: An extra person to pay the bills, an extra pair of hands to do every chore, acces to mariage for the legal benefits, and a cheap source of bedroom gymnastics. All this, and since it seems you might not know this, you don't have to breed:D

i can't bring myself to answer - this poll has brought up inside of me a sick, black jealousy.

or something.

either way, i imagine the likelihood of answering 'yes' would increase as you age further away from the hormone-riddled minefield that is puberty and adolescence.

uhh, yeah.

as of right now, i'm actually very good friends with a number of ladies, and i'm also single at the moment. one in particular is a very close friend of mine that is married to another of my close friends. she's even just a tad older than me, and she's also quite beautiful (translate: hot). even then, i know that there are boundaries, and given my friendship with her husband, there are lines that i will never cross no matter how close our relationship could ever become.

things can get complicated if both parties are single (been there), and it gets even more complicated if one wants romance and the other just wants friendship (been in both positions there, too). that doesn't mean that the relationship won't work; on the contrary, it just means that there's more to consider for both of the people involved.

anyways, that's my 2 pennies on the matter...

I’ve done it, but I was in a very good relationship at the time. However, the friendship did not work out well. She decided she was attracted to me and told the young lady I was dating that we had relations. So, I lost a friend and a girl friend on the same day. It is not good practice to have a girl that is your best friend and a girl friend at the same time, unless they are the same person.

The only other time, best friend as a girl I’ve had my entire life up until a little over a year ago. Even though we were of no relation to each other, she was like my sister and was my best friend until her death.

I've been there, bit of a long story. In 2005 I rented a house with my best mate, he worked in Morrisons and after about two months he's turned the place into a Morrisons dos house, I start work at 6am and every morning there'd be someone new asleep on the sofa, anyway after said dos house had been open a couple of weeks I came home from work and there were a few other people there including two girls, Sam & Tanya and all the other guys were trying to get in their pants.

Both Tanya & Sam were really nice girls and I became friends with both of them, after a while I got together with Sam which didn't last long only a couple of months but Tanya stayed around for a long time and in the end after my so called best mate ditched me and left we with some huge bills she became my house mate and was on the tenant list and everything.

She would often go out at the weekends and I stayed at home as I was rather unsociable then, well I still am, anyway she's come home about 2am and wake me up and everytime we'd have a drink, a smoke, a kiss and then fall asleep together.

Anyway if I'm honest I did have feelings for her but at the time she was seeing this guy who had also become a good mate and thinking she wasn't interested in me I just let it be, all of my mates, my parents and even her boyfriend told me that she had a soft spot for me but I still left it be. After a few months we had to let the house go as they were putting the rent up too much for us to afford and we went our seperate ways. I do speak to her now and then but not as much as I'd like to and she's now engaged and has a baby boy. One of the last times I spoke to her when it was just us she said to me why didn't we try it? we could've worked the only reply I could think of was I don't know but I wish we had.

So long story short I did devlop feelings for her but that was only after being best friends with her for a while.

Looking back I really do wish we'd given it a go but it's just one of those things.

--Stream

Worst drunken chat up line ever - 'Your face is like a spanner, every time I see it my nuts tighten' - Guaranteed punch in the mouth.

--Stream

Haha, you've just brought my Soc Ed lessons flying back to me, with those 'Adult Awareness' videos. :lol:

Clearly I need to bring out the Ladder Theory.
Goodness :lol: It worries me how many people seem to agree with it though!

Worst drunken chat up line ever - 'Your face is like a spanner, every time I see it my nuts tighten' - Guaranteed punch in the mouth.
:lol: I hope you don't know that from first-hand experience :p

Heterosexual female here who would like to vote yes--there was a guy who was interested in me, and ultimately we became best friends for several years (although we've since drifted apart :().

Heterosexual female here who would like to vote yes--there was a guy who was interested in me, and ultimately we became best friends for several years (although we've since drifted apart :().

Probably because he was interested in you... lol

Archived