Home

jrrtoken

I got a pass in the private beta. :shades2:

Quake Live is pretty awesome, but ever since it entered Public Beta they make me go in some huge queue like 130299 or something. But it's a goddamn sweet game otherwise, ground-breaking I'd wager. But still, I'm *not* waiting in a queue for it.

Quake Live is pretty awesome, but ever since it entered Public Beta they make me go in some huge queue like 130299 or something. But it's a goddamn sweet game otherwise, ground-breaking I'd wager. But still, I'm *not* waiting in a queue for it.
Yeah, the queue is pretty much the main annoyance, but the length varies, though. One time I was 4755th in line, and another time I was 43rd. Still, it is in beta, so id will most likely assemble s massive server farm to handle everyone.

I'm really surprised by how lag-free the online play is; I was in a server with twenty people, on full graphics, and I must be getting 100 FPS. I also really like how the server roster organizes the servers by placing those with the most players at your skill level on top.

BTW, if anyone wants to add me as a friend, my username is PastramiX.

Well good to know I should keep visiting:

QUEUE

Obviously, the biggest factor we've had to deal with is the overwhelming number of people that have visited the site, and in nearly all cases encountered a large list of people ahead of them in the queue. Couple points on this:

1. We obviously didn't intend for tens of thousands of people to have to wait in the queue, but it was put in place for a reason, and that was so once you made it to the site, it still performed fairly well and didn't crash under heavy loads, which for the most part has worked well. We apologize for the frustration a line causes, but it will be in place until we can scale and optimize our back-end to accommodate "everyone." This is our top priority right now and when we get to that point, there will be no queue. You can certainly trust us on this - for a game funded by advertising revenue, we don't want a queue keeping you out anymore than you want it.

As for the lag, I didn't notice any significant improvement than other games I've played. Then again, my location and connection means I get a miserable 100-300 ping most of the time. >:[

Servers are American and I remember there being a few German servers (there's one Team FFA server in Germany I love). Adding more servers was a common request in the private beta, apparently most people just said to wait out for the full release. By that time, id should have servers all across the globe.

Edit: To all my fans, those who want to add me, my name's sabretou. But for the sake of my dignity, don't look at my stats.

As for the lag, I didn't notice any significant improvement than other games I've played. Then again, my location and connection means I get a miserable 100-300 ping most of the time. >:[
Ouch...

Servers are American and I remember there being a few German servers (there's one Team FFA server in Germany I love). Adding more servers was a common request in the private beta, apparently most people just said to wait out for the full release. By that time, id should have servers all across the globe.
I've found that most of the users seem to be European, and if that's the case, then hopefully there will be more international servers. IMO, I just hope that there's more player models, seeing as none of them seem to be too uncommon. I'm just sticking to the skeleton right now.

I've also unofficially started a LF clan. Right now, I have [LF] in my clan tag, just for the hell of it.

now this was a great idea. just went through the skill level test and mopped the floor with the AI opponent. man, its been a very long time since i've played a fast paced muliplayer FPS like this.

if anybody is looking, my username is "stingerhs". now if we could get voicechat working...

Archived