Home

"22 Christian families to be executed in Afghanistan"

JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan

Hey, I got this text message today saying:

"Please pray for the 22 Christian missionary families that will be executed today in Afghanistan! Please spread ths fast 2 as many will pray"

Some preliminary googling come up with a lot of people asking about it on Q/A sites and blogs, and googling it themselves. So far it doesnt seem like anyone has found anything about it.

The message has been spreading like wildfire all over. All blogs/posts seem to be in the past couple hours.

It looks like a hoax to me, but im not sure. Has anyone heard anything about this?

"Please pray for the 22 Christian missionary families that will be executed today in Afghanistan! Please spread ths fast 2 as many will pray"

"Please spread ths fast 2 as many will pray"

"ths fast 2 as many will pray"

"ths fast 2 as many will pray"

Pretty much screams "HOAX".

Not necessarily--it may or may not be true. There have been several stories that have come through legitimate conservative Christian news sources that have never been reported in the mainstream news. There are a few Iraqi and Saudi Christians who are being sentenced in court for being Christian, and these stories apparently aren't compelling enough for US media to pick up and report on.

Afghanistan is an extremely conservative Muslim country--under the Taliban, women had to wear the burka or be put to death, and it was illegal for women to work, even if they had no other source of income, basically sentencing them to death, and it was a death sentence if you got caught teaching women to read--not a good scene. So, the fact that Christians could be put to death for their faith is not so outlandish.

Not necessarily--it may or may not be true. There have been several stories that have come through legitimate conservative Christian news sources that have never been reported in the mainstream news. There are a few Iraqi and Saudi Christians who are being sentenced in court for being Christian, and these stories apparently aren't compelling enough for US media to pick up and report on.

Afghanistan is an extremely conservative Muslim country--under the Taliban, women had to wear the burka or be put to death, and it was illegal for women to work, even if they had no other source of income, basically sentencing them to death, and it was a death sentence if you got caught teaching women to read--not a good scene. So, the fact that Christians could be put to death for their faith is not so outlandish.

Agreed Jae. It all has to do with the drive by media's agenda.

I wonder if the families of Afghani civilians that get killed in the crossfire between Taliban and Joint Forces operations get the time to send annoying chain emails too.

I wonder if the families of Joint forces troops that get killed in the crossfire between Taliban and Joint Forces operations get the time to send annoying chain emails too.

death knows no distinction between creed.

legitimate conservative Christian news sources

These are about as reliable and unbiased as legitimate conservative Islamic news sources :D

mtfbwya

Wow, thats so shocking because violence never happens in Afgani-never-shoulda-been-one-united-country-stan. People kill each other every day, not just because of the west vs taliban war but because its their culture. People are probably gonna whine police me out on that comment that theyre not savage barbarians who kill each other over everything. You'll be right, they dont kill each other over everything. They kill each other over who supported what from the arrival of Islam to the modern period with the Russian invasion and the Western terrorist hunt. The disputes between different groups in that area make Iraq's cultural issues look like non issues. This isnt about to change in a couple of years because more invaders came to tell them to change again.

Hey, I got this text message today saying:

Some preliminary googling come up with a lot of people asking about it on Q/A sites and blogs, and googling it themselves. So far it doesnt seem like anyone has found anything about it.

The message has been spreading like wildfire all over. All blogs/posts seem to be in the past couple hours.

It looks like a hoax to me, but im not sure. Has anyone heard anything about this?

I call propaganda.

news sources like this blog about the violence against christians in India (the Orissa thing) seem pretty reliable to me. (notice the message at the top)

(<-- wow, the last time i checked this was around september last year. afaik it started in august. im shocked its *still* going on)

Could you explain to me why you care about this specific incident and not how people of other religions are dying in much greater numbers? Im gonna go off my extremely limited religious knowledge and ask why you're not praying for them seeing as how the Christians are theoretically going to heaven while the others are going to hell, dont you think you should try and make the lives of the supposedly damned better?

@jawathehutt:

You know what I noticed? Nobody panics when things go "according to plan"…even if the plan is horrifying. If tomorrow I told the press that, like, a gang-banger will get shot, or a truck load of soldiers will be blown up, nobody panics...because it's all part of the plan. But when I say that one little old mayor will die... well, then everyone loses their minds!

Archived