Home

Wallace & Gromit episode names revealed

AlfredJ

Hi all, I thought you would like to know this. Gamespot put up a preview of the first episode (which all sounds nice, they even mention the game is finished already), and the mention the following names for the episodes:

Ep 1: Fright of the Bumblebees

Ep 2: The Last Resort

Ep 3: Muzzled

Ep 4: Boogeyman

More info here: http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/adventure/wallaceandgromitsgrandadventures/news.html?sid=6205329part=rsstag=gs_previewssubj=6205329

Someone at the Telltale forums had this to say:

Originally Posted by littlequietguy View Post

I attended wondercon and saw previews of all the episodes and I think the title was bogeyman because it was a golf themed episode.

I guess Gamespot could have spelled the title wrong. English isn't my native language, but does boogeyman still makes sense when you're talking about a golf-connection?

Strange how they're already able to show a preview of all the episodes before the first one is even released.

Allow me to quote myself from the Telltale forums:

Link to an interesting interview with Emily on the blog: http://www.themarriedgamers.net/?p=1346

Emily gives quite a lot of details, including a lot of scenes from the first episode (and even a little information about later ones, episode 2 will have Wallace & Gromit opening a beach resort in their basement, episode 3 will revolve around a theme park, and as speculated, episode 4 will revolve around some sort of golf course.

A few interesting facts (listen for yourself, it's worth it): when the first episode will be released will depend on Microsoft's schedule. Within the next 2, 3 months. After that episodes will be 4 - 6 weeks apart.

Another point of interest is the fact that there will be no dialogue-trees in the game. You can talk to people (as Wallace), but you can't choose what to say. All the previous titles in the Telltale-catalog have been rather conversation-heavy, so I curious to see this approach. I guess it's appriopiate, seeing as how the movies always had more of a 'slapstick' kind of humor (compared to something like Sam & Max, where the dialogue is 66% of the fun).

The part about Gromit giving you his famous looks when you try something stupid sounds great.:)

Hey, you guys may be interested to know that you can now pre-order the series on our website for 25% off ($26 USD). Also, there's a trailer up right now at http://videogames.yahoo.com and there'll be a playable demo on Monday, also at Yahoo!. Then the first episode will be available to download for season subscribers on Tuesday March 24! Whee!

There's more info in my thread at the TTG forums here: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7950

I say, is that the wrong trousers I spy mowing the lawn there? I think I may well be more excited for this than I was when Sam & Max came out!

You mean the Techno Trousers. They're only the wrong trousers if Wallace is wearing them. :D

This is how you announce releases, just surprise us at the last moment and give us one last week to watch the movies again. This is looking brilliant. I really, really enjoy the animation in the trailer. Sam & Max started getting better and better animation-wise (and in pretty much every other area) towards the end of the second season, and Strong Bad sort of continued that, but as most characters rarely even had arms, it wasn't always as 'obvious'. I really liked how characters started to get less attached to the floor and started moving around a bit more, something which was missing in the earlier Sam & Max-episodes. The trailer is promising, I think the rumours of this being Telltale's most cinematic game yet might just be true. And the idea that we will eventually get Sam & Max-episodes with the same crazy animation as the last Sam & Max episodes, Strong Bad and Wallace is pretty damn amazing.

But first Wallace & Gromit. Why oh why did they decide to release the demo a week early. I know I shouldn't, but I know I'm not going to be able to resist sneaking a peek. I just hope it won't spoil the best bits.

Archived