1. 1. Have you played an MMO before?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

List of MMO's

SWG - 1 year (Until my guild left to play WOW and I followed, and miss the old game dearly)

WOW - Since release for about 2 years (Got sick of making lvl 60s)

WOW - Every so often for a few months after an expansion

RF Online - For about a week

LOTRO - 6 months total

AOC - Pre Release for about 6 months

Right now I am playing none, its summer so I have less time, but I hope this game is good. I miss old SWG and the fun I had PVPing and the dancing and crafting classes. I don't expect this game to be the exact same, but it would be nice if it had the same crafting and such. Most all Future MMO games on forums, SWG aways got tagged as the best Crafting system for all MMOs. Thats why I left so many game because I just lost interest and had no fun anymore. WOW was the biggest let down.

Well lets see:

- World of warcraft on and off for 5 years

- lord of the rings online for about 3/4 of a year

- Tabula Rasa for the beta

- Eve online for a couple of weeks but almost died of boredom

also tried a few of the free ones (silk road, dragon age etc)

I'm currently back feeding my WoW addiction but I can't wait til this comes out! What they're trying to achieve with this game is staggering, a real revolution for the MMO genre.

WoW for me has become stagnant, and all other MMOs seem to be using the same basic template (albiet with a little tinkering here and there). The problem is that the actual gameplay in any current gen MMO can be pretty boring: all encounters run on the same basic formula and because of the way they're written they can't provide you with the thrills and spills that a good single player game can, it's just too complicated and costly to achieve.

And that's where this game comes in, finally a MMO that can be compared as an equal to other genres in terms of gameplay and immersion! And it's BioWare, so you know it's gonna live up to the hype :D

• 2 months later...

The closest I've done to MMORPGs has been some collaborations with fanfic (creating a "virtual season") and a play-by-blog called DC Nation (I play Green Arron II, Starfire, and an OC)

I have not been terribly interested in MMOs, as I work in IT and see what amazing time-wasters they can be for my colleagues. the reason I'm bothering with this one? Well, despite my annoyance over Revan and Exile's unexplained, red-shirt deaths, I'll swallow it because the Bioware writers have a great track record of knowing what the hell they're doing.

The closest I've done to MMORPGs has been some collaborations with fanfic (creating a "virtual season") and a play-by-blog called DC Nation (I play Green Arron II, Starfire, and an OC)

You probably got more of an MMO experience walking down the street than RPing a nymphomaniac dragon princess from space whose entire family died when she was a child and was then raised super intelligent wolves who wanted to bring peace to the universe.

Was I joking or is that actually what I think RPing is? =O

Well, despite my annoyance over Revan and Exile's unexplained, red-shirt deaths

That's what happens when they go down on an away mission with more important characters. :p And I doubt that Bioware wants to take responsibility for Obsidian's less than stellar product. o_Q

• 4 months later...

My first MMO was a text-crawl DBZ game that I played as much as I took breath for a good couple of years. My most recent MMO is Runescape. Despite its low quality, it's a friendly place with little other problems - Plus - you can play it for free!

• 1 month later...

Nope, i've played a few MMO's over the years, but the longest ones i stuck with were, Dark Age of Camelot (3 yrs), World of Warcraft (4 yrs) and Asheron's Call (16 months) and currently playing Guild Wars (4 months now)

Archived