Home

Star Trek: Favorite enemy?

Endorenna

Favorite recurring enemy in Star Trek?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite recurring enemy in Star Trek?

• Species 8472
    • The Klingon Empire
    • The Dominion
    • The Tholians
    • The Romulans
    • The Suliban
    • The Xindi
    • The Borg
    • The Pink Cockroaches (From the TNG episode 'Conspiracy')
    • The Kazon
    • The Cardassians
    • Captain Kirk
    • Tribbles
    • Q
    • Romulan Ale

The Romulans from TNG, DS9, etc.

Sneaky, scheming, and arrogant but with plenty of firepower to back it up. Also had some of the best looking uniforms and ships in the series.

But, the Q are more or less tied for first, to me! They were hilarious in each appearance, but also very threatening on occassion - like hurling Enterprise straight into the Borg. The exchanges with 'John Luck Pickard' (:xp:) are some of the best scenes of TNG!

Vidians, Hirogen, Species 8472, Tholians... the list goes on. I would just say that there are so many enemies in Star Trek that extend from the massive power of the borg to the primitive and crude Kazon. The Q isn't evil, but he's a villain either way. The Romulans are like the Romans of Earth's past. The Tribbles are just animals that defy the laws of biomass.

I guess that I would not criticize this attempt to poll favorite villains of Star Trek, but just realize that this is a very broad topic.

Species 8472 and the Tholians were good but in keeping with my current bias I have to say I think the Grey are awesome. The Grey are lifeforms that dwel in the Briar Patch near DS12 and if you watch the Hidden Frontier series, you'll see that it is cool. You can't beat the Q either.

The Q episodes were always some of my favorites. Encounter at Farpoint makes my favorite episode list along with a couple others that I can't remember the names of right now.

I was also a fan of the Cardassian/Dominion episodes from DS9 and of course the Borg from TNG with The Best of Both Worlds topic my favorite episode list as well.

I was also a fan of the Cardassian/Dominion episodes from DS9

Agree with you there - DS9 had some of the best interaction with long-running adversaries. Though I still think the Romulans were best, the Cardassians would probably be in my top 5 - the Dominion would be behind the Q and the Romulans. There were certain aspects of the Dominion that were brilliant - particularly the scheming Vorta and the superior Founders, but I wasn't really that fond of the Jem' Hadar.

Hmm, something interesting occurred to me,

despite the all the internet arguments on which scifi series is better (ST or SW), we seem to be slapping all those guys in the face with having this convo on a SW forum :p

btw: I dont consider either one better then the other. ^_^

despite the all the internet arguments on which scifi series is better (ST or SW), we seem to be slapping all those guys in the face with having this convo on a SW forum :p

No face slapping involved. Star Wars isn't Sci-Fi. It's Fantasy.

So, yea, I see no problems.

somehow i found that response a little rude, but *shrug* i guess both should be considered both science-fiction and science-fantasy.

anywho, I enjoy the antics of the Ferengi, they're just silly at times

but of course you had Neelix being disguised as one, that was awesome

• 2 weeks later...

Archived