• Yes
    • No
    • Yoda

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 year later...
^I'm not a cartographer, but I think you can jump using just your legs.

@Topic: I would seriously consider not playing the game if I couldn't jump, even if it had no purpose in gameplay.

uh...isn't a cartographer a map maker?

but anyway, definitely yes on the jumping!

^ And isn't this you just did a necro?

But anyway, jumping would be, excuse me, retarded. Jumping to practical ends, as a mean of accessing certain areas, can be easily replaced by a "climbing" animation. After all, you don't jump on stuff in real life if you want to get on top of it. Well, mostly.

• 2 weeks later...

If it's going to be an action oriented RPG, sure, why not?

^ And isn't this you just did a necro?

Mmmmm. Necrophelia. :p

But anyway, jumping would be, excuse me, retarded. Jumping to practical ends, as a mean of accessing certain areas, can be easily replaced by a "climbing" animation. After all, you don't jump on stuff in real life if you want to get on top of it. Well, mostly.

Oh yeah brah. Totally seriously man. Good jawb. :thmbup1:

^You guys must be doing something wrong in Rio.

what r u talkin about there bucko hes just getting ready 4 the mardigras party yo

The argument that we don't jump to get to things in real life is kinda moot. This isn't real life, this is the Star Wars Universe. And if people want to get on top of something in the Star Wars universe, especially if they're Jedi, there's a long history of jumping. A lot.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Kingdom Hearts is such a RPG that wouldn't be the same without jumping. It has deep influence in combat, the unrealistic 10 meters high jumps allow for some platforming elements and item collection, and even some backtracking when you get to jump higher than before in latter levels.

But I never felt that KotOR needed jumping of any kind. Nor that the game would be better if it had. That's just me, really.

what r u talkin about there bucko hes just getting ready 4 the mardigras party yo

yo

• 1 month later...

While people bunny-hopping around will be a bit of an immersion killer (though seriously, if you want immersion, don't play MMOs. It's worked for me so far), there is a pretty long history of people jumping on/to things in Star Wars, and it wouldn't make much sense to have none. Perhaps context-sensitive jumping ability would be the way to go, though that might just waste dev time on a pretty minor issue.

Star Wars without yoda-jump is not star wars!!!!!!! :D

so everything made before AOTC isn't Star Wars? :raise:

• 4 months later...

I think it should, when I was playing the KotORs I felt annoyed that instead of my A button jumping, it made an annoying boop noise.

But, if they do implement jumping, then the enemy should have to turn around to fight you. In World of Warcraft when you jump over someone's head they can still hit you whilst you're jumping due to the piss-poor combat system.

Archived