Home

Topic Suggestions

leXX

Every now and then, we want to have an episode dedicated to topics than you guys want to hear us discussing, so we would like for you to post suggestions in this thread.

You can suggest any topic of discussion at all, and we will go through them and pick out the ones that we actually know something about, and think would make for interesting listening. Obviously we can't discuss every single one that is suggested, but we will try and fit as many in as time will allow us. Your name and topic will be read out, and then we will have a good old chat about it.

We would like to do this starting with Episode #3, and make it a regular feature for future episodes, so get posting. :)

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fan Fiction. :D

All the people appearing in the cast could read a Fan Fic (all could read the same one, or a different one) and could then do a sort of review? :p

Maybe for one episode, you could try and get one of the LF owners in there, and people could email in some questions for them...

I'm sure there are lots of people who'd like to know what's involved in keeping this place running, and what goes on behind the scenes...

Just to throw an idea out there, how about hosting some form of community competition? As opposed to the forum-specific events (such as Javyar's, etc) this event would be heard by the entire community. An art contest, per se, or a story, that might fit in with the topic of the upcoming podcast, could be a possibility.

So, for example, if the next podcast was about The Old Republic, the competition might be to create a drawing on that subject, or write a short story. In essence, I suppose that it's like the jingle thread (in the sense that it's a bunch of people competing to earn recognition, or have something shown/read on the podcast).

Just my two cents.

Probably a bit of my own wishful fantasy, but how about some sort of reenactment of scenes in TSL, like a radio drama? I'm sure leXX can belt out a good Kreia impersonation. :D
Not to rain on your parade, or bash your idea, but this is LucasCast, there is the whole right half of the forum list that has nothing to do with Star Wars. Doing a TSL-centric podcast kinda alienates all the non-SWKnights people.

Maybe an episode on games you'd like to see created in the future. For example, a game based entirely Han Solo, and his early life before the meeting with Luke and Obi in Mos Eisley. Discuss content that you would like to see in the game, what type of game, and things of that sort.

I think you should dedicate an entire section to explaining the hierarchy of Imperial ranks. Is "commander" higher than "captain?" This confuses me, because in Star Trek Captain Picard's second-in-command was a Commander. Yet, in the Star Wars universe, "commander" is often given to someone in charge of a small task force, with captains being the commanding officers of individual ships. And army captains? What's with that? Are they roughly equal rank to a naval captain or are there differences? Colonel? Where does that fit in. I need a list from Grand Admiral to Ensign here!

So yeah, discuss that. :p

I think you should dedicate an entire section to explaining the hierarchy of Imperial ranks. Is "commander" higher than "captain?" This confuses me, because in Star Trek Captain Picard's second-in-command was a Commander. Yet, in the Star Wars universe, "commander" is often given to someone in charge of a small task force, with captains being the commanding officers of individual ships. And army captains? What's with that? Are they roughly equal rank to a naval captain or are there differences? Colonel? Where does that fit in. I need a list from Grand Admiral to Ensign here!

So yeah, discuss that. :p

I second this. Just cause I'd love to hear what everybody would say about it.

Maybe an episode on games you'd like to see created in the future. For example, a game based entirely Han Solo, and his early life before the meeting with Luke and Obi in Mos Eisley. Discuss content that you would like to see in the game, what type of game, and things of that sort.

Got that one covered. That one will be discussed on Episode #2 coming out early next week.

Great topics guys and gals, keep them coming!

I am curious if you guys and gals would be interested in listening to our pilot episode. We refer to it as "tarst". It basically is a generic podcast where we were testing our voices and basically doing a mock up of a podcast without adding any real information. We have also toyed with the idea of doing a separate blooper real, because not all of the bloopers make it into the episodes. Some of them are really, really funny! Some of them you will never hear because they are not forum appropriate! :D

I am curious if you guys and gals would be interested in listening to our pilot episode. We refer to it as "tarst". It basically is a generic podcast where we were testing our voices and basically doing a mock up of a podcast without adding any real information. We have also toyed with the idea of doing a separate blooper real, because not all of the bloopers make it into the episodes. Some of them are really, really funny! Some of them you will never hear because they are not forum appropriate! :D

I would most definitely be interested in hearing all of the discussion that took place. o_Q

On a more serious note, I'm sure that most of us would enjoy hearing the full LucasCast excerpts, myself included.

Archived