Home

Topic Suggestions

leXX

Can't wait to hear what you guys think of the new Indy game and the new Monkey Island games but I got a funny feeling that you aren't all big on the point n' click side of LucasArts which is a shame cause that was the golden era of the company.
I think we did talk about Indy in episode 7, but you can definitely expect to hear about Monkey Island in a future episode now that it's back. I know not everyone on the cast is not big into LucasArts' adventure games but I'm a big adventure game fan and am super hyped about the new MI series. :D

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The wait is over! Although it's been a wait, LucasCast HAS been putting in overtime to make up for it! This week Rogue Nine has put the finishing touches on Episode 7, and it's awesome so it will be up sometime today. Episode 8 was recorded impromptu to document Jeff's E-3 experience, and we plan to have that up midweek. Then as an added surprise we will have a nice lengthy special "BlooperCast" up by the end of the week. Thanks for your patience gang, and I hope you enjoy the fruits of our effort!

I think we did talk about Indy in episode 7, but you can definitely expect to hear about Monkey Island in a future episode now that it's back. I know not everyone on the cast is not big into LucasArts' adventure games but I'm a big adventure game fan and am super hyped about the new MI series. :D

They don't know what there missing lol

meh..I don't know much about monkey island - but it seems a bit childish to me

You'll enjoy them, trust me. The sequels are great too and are a lot of fun and challenging. I can understand why you may say this as some of the younger generation today didn't grow up with Monkey Island and the other adventure games like a lot of us on here did but I'm glad its coming back cause it allows those who didn't play first time see it in a different light to what we did when first played them way back in the late 80's/ early 90's.

Also gang, sorry about the delay between episodes. Right now I am trying to recruit some stand bye podcast members, and extra sound editors so we don't have to keep rescheduling due to lack of participation. Summer is a funny month where you have multiple holidays, graduations, conferences, weddings, birthdays...etc. Our staff is pretty dedicated, but we still do this on a voluntary basis for fun, and sometimes often life gets in the way, and it becomes hard to get everyone together. We would have a pretty boring podcast if we just ran with two or three members.

I understand...but what would Jesus do?

meh..I don't know much about monkey island - but it seems a bit childish to me

*gasp* MI...like all of the LA original adventures has its fair share of childish humor...but for the most part...it is humor that just about everyone can appreciate (along with some adult humor thrown in)...

• 3 weeks later...
we are using vista and it works fine so i think we are gonna stick with it

agreed - 7 doesnt even seem much different anyway

@the about 4 posts replying to my statement about MI

OMG IM SO ASHAMED I WROTE THAT POST :D I tried the MI games out and even for the new generation of kids, i think its awesome. gr8 humour, gr8 fun and a gr8 challenge.

MI is awesome and now I think im straying from RPG and im following Jeff down the path of adventure gaming - i loved it - som1 recommend me a similar sort of thing!! please!! i finished the MI series already.

I <3 Monkey Island - and all the cannibals too.

Grim Fandango is one of my top 3 games of all time... so I like it.

I haven't played a MI title in years... but I'm really looking forward to the new ones.

:)

They are adventure games... so a lot of puzzle solving and character interaction. Not everybody's cup-of-tea... but the humor and writing in the LA adventure games was always more than worth the price of admission.

MI is awesome and now I think im straying from RPG and im following Jeff down the path of adventure gaming - i loved it - som1 recommend me a similar sort of thing!! please!! i finished the MI series already.

I <3 Monkey Island - and all the cannibals too.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still a huge RPG guy too. :D But I grew up with adventure games so I will always be a fan. Strangely enough, when the LucasArts adventures were new, I didn't even know about them. I played all the other popular adventure games like Myst, Zork, King's Quest, etc, as well as all the Star Wars games of the 90s, so it's weird that I never got word of LucasArts adventure games until I joined these forums.

Archived