Home

Topic Suggestions

leXX

I'd like to see something on gaming as a family. I can't have the only geeky family on the planet where we play D&D or Guild Wars online together.

I agree.If i have time i play video games with my family and friends.

But another topic i would also like to suggest would be like most favorite games and most difficult games you had trouble with or something related to trouble like terrible games you would not recommend.;)

in that i think it would be good to give the gaming community opinions,suggestions of games people would like or not.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd like to see something on gaming as a family. I can't have the only geeky family on the planet where we play D&D or Guild Wars online together.

Im sure other such families exist, but theyre not entirely prevalent. I personally dont know any myself, but given the community I'm from, thats not entirely surprising :D My old man is more interested in his tomatoes than anything else :p

M.U.G.E.N. (if you even know what that is).

You mean the Honda Racing Development team? :p

Even if they didnt, Im pretty sure their computer has google on it ;) Retro gaming fans love their MUGEN. There's even a star wars flavour of mugen which is pretty fun if youre into old school

mtfbwya

Topic:

Music.

In games (your fave game scores...); music you might play (not actually the in game score) while playing; and just personal listening (your fave bands, and new albums or concert tours you are looking forward to this year.)

And who plays an instrument? (I seem to remember discussing guitars with Rhett a while back... and wasn't Groovy in a band?)

Color me curious...

(BTW: IMHO Grim Fandango STILL is one of the best game scores ever! The Only vid game score I ever bothered to track down all the music for. How I miss LucasArts heyday... *sniff* :( )

Topic:

What game (or part of a game) moved you most, emotionally?

Topic:

What game frustrated you most? Either in terms of sheer difficulty; or even in terms of failed potential. (A great idea badly executed.)

What do you do to get through a game like that... or do you just give up?

They did this to some extent in their Ep1 intros. (IIRC>) Lynk and Niner from the mists of RSN/XWA, Grooves and Lexx came for JK2, Jae and Moels for KOTOR, which you can pretty much tell from their join dates anwyay :)

I do actually listen to the podcast, Astro :p

I suppose it would be pretty silly when most of those members are no longer active :(

I am a "recreational" gamer. Not a true competitive gamer. I seek video games as a source of entertainment, not for competition. If you see my xbox live profile it even states in my bio "I may suck at most games, but I am here to have fun, which is what games were intended for, so deal with it!"

Yeah... that sums me up pretty good these days too.

I have a job that keeps me busy a lot of hours, and I own a house and have to deal with all the resulting responsibilities that come with that.

I just don't have the kind of time these days to put in to be a top-notch gamer anymore... but that doesn't mean that when I can find time I wouldn't want to be doing that over just watching TV.

Anyway...

Topic:

Fave game character(s) of all time? The ones that stay with you years after you've finished the game...

Topic:

What game (or part of a game) moved you most, emotionally?

that's a really good one...

But if they don't all answer with GOW2's Dom + Wife reunion/mercy killing then they are all liars, and thats a proven fact. ish.

that's a really good one...

But if they don't all answer with GOW2's Dom + Wife reunion/mercy killing then they are all liars, and thats a proven fact. ish.

That was a good one.

I was thinking more of Grim Fandango again, though. The scene with Lola... when Glottis gets sick... the end...

That really was an amazing game.

And I haven't personally gotten there yet... but I gather that the end of Mass Effect is amazing, and a bit of a mind-**** as well...

Topic:

Here's a BIG one (perhaps enough for an entire show):

Game controversies...

- Dealing with gaming critics and haters.

- Adult content in games. (I.E: Sex and graphic violence.)

- Deep, and possibly disturbing subject matter, and making moral/ immoral decisions in games (Bioshock, GTA...)

- Pros and cons of rating systems.

- Censorship.

- Taking the evil path in games.

- Are we running the risk of becoming desensitized because of it all? Or is that merely the same accusation just being rehashed after being used on every previous popular new media to come along? (Radio, movies, comic books, TV, rock-and-roll, the internet...)

Talk about Internet Explorer 8 and if you're using it or not!

I don't want to ruin the surprise, but the answer is not. No one uses IE8.

what? theres an IE 8?

what a laugh. no exaggeration: "Don't know, Don't care."

thread:listen to Edlib! hes a topic matter goldmine!

Game controversies...

- Dealing with gaming critics and haters.

- Adult content in games. (I.E: Sex and graphic violence.)

- Deep, and possibly disturbing subject matter, and making moral/ immoral decisions in games (Bioshock, GTA...)

- Pros and cons of rating systems.

- Censorship.

- Taking the evil path in games.

- Are we running the risk of becoming desensitized because of it all? Or is that merely the same accusation just being rehashed after being used on every previous popular new media to come along? (Radio, movies, comic books, TV, rock-and-roll, the internet...)

"GOOOOLD!"

SW live action TV show

*seconded!*

and some of my own:

The economic crap the world is in,

The effect it has had/ is having/ will have/ on the gaming world,

And how anyone whos played Evil Genius knows that none of this just happened.

The gaming industry is near-recession proof, not sure there would be much to talk about. Well, the game companies are not, as people are getting laid off, but consumers aren't buying any less games than in the past.

Archived