Home

Topic Suggestions

leXX

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Way to go on the double post.

Juice by you.

Wasn't shem a filefront manager or something?

How about the impact of alcohol on gaming? I find myself *alot* better when drunk on games like Halo 3 or GRAW, but absolutely shocking on others like Guitar Hero/Rockband, tetris etc.

Or even better-

discuss.

Hi New to the forums,

I hope in future episodes you do talk about other past achievements from LucasArts cause its not just about Star Wars. It would be great to hear what you guys thought of the point n' click genre and do you think they should make a return.

I still have hope for a Monkey Island 5 hopefully for next year as it will be Monkey Islands 20th anniversary in 2010.

topic matter: might i suggest you discuss the fall of filefront and its repercussions?

coz you'll look totally retarded if you don't.

Whereas I disagree, and think you look it right now.

They could mention it, but there's nothing really to discuss. It's going down, it's unfortunate, the community will band together and move on.

End of topic, boring podcast.

I still think that you should talk some more about general technological advances that are occurring, and more technology topics since we've now covered "favorite game" thoroughly.

Piracy on the game market comes to mind.

_EW_

Hi New to the forums,

I hope in future episodes you do talk about other past achievements from LucasArts cause its not just about Star Wars. It would be great to hear what you guys thought of the point n' click genre and do you think they should make a return.

I still have hope for a Monkey Island 5 hopefully for next year as it will be Monkey Islands 20th anniversary in 2010.

Welcome to LF. We do plan on having someone from that side of the forums on the cast, we know it's not all about Star Wars. Stay tuned.

The gaming industry is near-recession proof, not sure there would be much to talk about. Well, the game companies are not, as people are getting laid off, but consumers aren't buying any less games than in the past.

Overall "consumption" of games is actually up thanks to a larger userbase and lack of slowdown in purchasing trends.

Welcome to LF. We do plan on having someone from that side of the forums on the cast, we know it's not all about Star Wars. Stay tuned.

Cool, looking forward to it. I just think that Star Wars lately has just dried up and should be given a rest so they can come with better ideas and stories as theres more that they can do then just one franchise. LucasArts did say they would go back to the old franchises and I think now is the perfect time as any as their is a small increase in adventure games been wanted by publishers and developers.

Whereas I disagree, and think you look it right now.

They could mention it, but there's nothing really to discuss. It's going down, it's unfortunate, the community will band together and move on.

_EW_

I'd rather not actively discourage suggestions--while this specific suggestion wouldn't lend itself to an entire podcast, that doesn't mean it's not important to mention. It's a big deal to lose the site that way, and one that many of us thought would survive a very long time. In addition, an idea might serve as a seed idea for a related topic, so it's important to hear as many different ones as possible. :)

CONCLUSION JUMPING

ur doing it pretty well, akshually

while this specific suggestion wouldn't lend itself to an entire podcast, that doesn't mean it's not important to mention.

....but consumers aren't buying any less games than in the past.

There's a bit more to it than that. Different slices of the market have been affected to a different degree. Those with greater economic responsibilities such as mortgages, school fees etc are being much more selective when buying titles. I definitely am! I just bought assassin creed for PC and another game on a '2 for $50' sale the other day. AC is usually $90+ here, and there's no way I'd buy it at that price.

The pre-owned market has become increasingly stronger as well. A representative of EB said so for here in Oz. I doubt it would be different in the US, though Groovy could confirm that.

mtfbwya

Well that is true, I have probably spent more on games in 2009 than I ever have before but at the same time been very picky on what I want to spend money on. And I've also been buying used games more than in the past. But for the industry as a whole games are certainly not selling any worse than in the past.

You 'casters should talk about region locked media, games, dvds, blu-rays, etc. and how it doesn't make sense at all. For example the PS3 games are region free, but blu-rays aren't I believe. Also with the DSi, whether or not the new DSi store will be region locked, thus making it less appealing to import a foreign system.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived