Home

Topic Suggestions

leXX

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Would love to hear your take on ratings. Does the current system work? Should it be enforced by law? Where does the line go between M and AO?

What also ties into this debate is how video games affect our children. Do they really provoke aggressive behavior? Or do kids really know of the disconnect between video games and real life? Are violent games harmful to children? What about sexuality in video games?

Would love to hear you guys discuss this topic, especially since you are in the unique situation of having two gamer moms, and a GameStop manager. Cheers. :3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
There's a bit more to it than that. Different slices of the market have been affected to a different degree. Those with greater economic responsibilities such as mortgages, school fees etc are being much more selective when buying titles. I definitely am! I just bought assassin creed for PC and another game on a '2 for $50' sale the other day. AC is usually $90+ here, and there's no way I'd buy it at that price.

The pre-owned market has become increasingly stronger as well. A representative of EB said so for here in Oz. I doubt it would be different in the US, though Groovy could confirm that.

mtfbwya

Actually it's been found that people actually gravitate more towards media such as movie discs and video games during times when they're short on money. Apparently it's because in the long run it lasts longer for them rather than activities which take them outside of the house which have a lot of extra costs and are more short lived.

I'd link you to the article(s) for this but I'm too lazy.

TOPIC:

The new Lucasarts games (it feels weird to be typing those words... almost forgot they still make them...)

Specifically: The new Indy game for Wii, and the remake of Monkey Island.

And does this represent LA finally getting a clue, and going back to the types of games that made them great in the first place?

TOPIC:

The new Lucasarts games (it feels weird to be typing those words... almost forgot they still make them...)

Specifically: The new Indy game for Wii, and the remake of Monkey Island.

And does this represent LA finally getting a clue, and going back to the types of games that made them great in the first place?

Though it won't go up online until Monday, we did touch on two LucasArts games in Episode 7. I have to confess though, that most of us were not too excited about another Clone Wars game, nor the upcoming Battlefront title for the hand held systems. Though I tried.

We will probably touch on Monkey Island some more once Jeff get's back from E3 as he has seen it first hand.

Also gang, sorry about the delay between episodes. Right now I am trying to recruit some stand bye podcast members, and extra sound editors so we don't have to keep rescheduling due to lack of participation. Summer is a funny month where you have multiple holidays, graduations, conferences, weddings, birthdays...etc. Our staff is pretty dedicated, but we still do this on a voluntary basis for fun, and sometimes often life gets in the way, and it becomes hard to get everyone together. We would have a pretty boring podcast if we just ran with two or three members.

Also, if you don't know already, we intended to put up a special "bloopercast" that we keep promising. Niner and Lynk finished the damn thing, and even though it was hilarious, it was just too damn short in our opinions to keep you guys entertained in between podcasts. We will still deliver this package, but in Jae's words; "we need some more flub ups first!" :)

Yeah... I can't seem to manage mustering any enthusiasm over the new Star Wars titles either... which is why the return to Indy, and especially M.I. actually caught my interest.

It seems to be a return to the classics for LA... or is it just them finally tapping all the possible SW variations dry?

Either way: Any non-SW LA game is worth a look. It would be nice to see LucasArts become a contender in the gaming world once again.

Archived