Home

Beta reader request thread

I've noticed a couple of beta reader request threads in the last few days. Having a beta reader go through your works is a fantastic way to make your stories and other media better, and I highly encourage using one. A good beta reader can catch problems that are hard for you to see because you're 'in the middle' of your writing rather than viewing it as an outside, impartial observer. Rather than fill up the first page with a lot of requests, however, I think it'd be easier to have all requests consolidated in one spot in a sticky. People can either respond here or by PM. Please don't put reviews of stories here--this is for requests and responses to requests only.

Everyone requesting a beta reader, and everyone who agrees to provide a critique of someone's work, should read The Padawan's Guide to Providing Good Critiques. Please give constructive critiques if you're a beta reader. Please don't flame your beta reader--he or she is just trying to help you be better. :)

When you make your request, include the name of your story and a link. That makes it easier for a beta reader to find it.

Tysyacha's request:

It's 331 pages right now, so don't expect me to post it all on this forum! It's a science-fiction piece, a la George Orwell's 1984, but updated and just as creepy. The premise: What if everyone was treated as if they were insane and/or had disabilities? What if everyone lived life in the guise of "treatment", not knowing they were guinea pigs in the greatest social experiment of all?

If you want to beta-read, please post a response here and I'll PM you my e-mail! :)

Kado Sunrider's request:

Hey all,

I recently began writing my own novel, set in the year 3000 C.E. Its loosely based on many sci-fi settings, including star wars. Its not very long ATM, and its mostly in the planning stage, but I could definitely use help looking over my work and offering plot suggestions of your own.

Kado--you'll need to post the story in CEC and then post your link here, or PM it to one of us mods and we'll edit it in to this post. Thanks. :)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey all, Those of you who are members of Kotorfanmedia.com might know me as 'Revan Starwalker' I posted this on their fourms, but after they went down, i decided to look for a beta here.

So, here's a little background for you all.

A story of a mind-wiped Revan (Ranik Starwalker); a Republic Soldier turned Jedi, and his journey across the Galaxy, searching for the Star Forge, and to defeat the Sith. (Slight AU, Action/Adventure, Some Comedy, Male Revan/Bastila)

It's a Multi-chapter Fic, and Part I in a Multi-Volume spanning K1, K2 and an AU K3.

I've tried editing my own work, and while I do change some wording, I don't ever see the grammar mistakes.

Ok, I’m looking for a beta that’s willing to go the long-haul, and can deal with beta-ing a new chapter every few months. I’m looking for help with grammar/spelling and punctuation. (If you look at my first two chapters on the main site, you’ll notice the problems I’ve had. Although; those chapters are three years old.) And some plot, characterization and story elements. (I’ve got something’s planned, story-wise. But like most ideas, then are better in someone’s head, that on paper)

If your intersted, just send me a PM.

-Knight_revan_17-

• 9 months later...

I just started a new fic (first one in a while!), but I only have the introduction part written. I would like some read over it and tell me if there are any loop holes I'm not seeing and basically tell me if it's interesting enough to continue.

PM me if your interested, it's very short. I would prefer someone who has been a beta before to do this.

Archived