Home

Jedi Knight Enhanced Map messed up?

Trogaodr

OK, first time here plus only had Jedi Knight for about a week so forgive me if I've missed something stupid XP

Anyway, after getting JKII a couple years back, I loved it. A year after, I bought JKA which was... alright, not as good as JKII ^_^

Now I'm onto DFII and am loving it. After doing some googling about mods and stuff, I found JK Enhanced. Then I came here and found Zwier Zak's thingie that made that and other mods into a simple setup. So I tried it, and all the mods are pretty much working apart from one thing...

JKProblems.jpg

The map is messed up and I haven't a clue why T_T

Am I doing something wrong? I'm just running the 2 setup files that were in the download then playing the game.

If anyone can help, please do, I really want to play with JK enhanced =D

Thanks

EDIT PLEASE READ: Just realised that I had not run the patcher.bat and all that stuff but I've got more problems now. When I follow the instructions and everything, the JK.exe becomes unrunable. "JK.exe is not a valid Win32 application" comes up and I don't know what to do. I've re-installed comuntless times and trying diffrent things but I can't get it.

Kurgan, I saw on jkhub.net that you posting about the same thing? Did you ever get it fixed? Please, help me T_T

If you run the setup file I made (JKUP Setup.exe) it automatically patches your jk.exe. If you run pacher.bat after that the game will not start. It’s like trying to do the same thing twice.

1.Reinstall the game.

2.Run this: http://rapidshare.com/files/207282786/JKUP_Setup.exe.html

3.Download JK Enhanced, JK Retexture Pack and install them manually (don't use the setup file. its out of date)

4.Try running the game.

5.Start a new game. The Retexture pack will mess up your textures if you saved BEFORE installing the mod.

If it does not work try:

1.Reinstall

2.Manually install the latest unofficial patch and run patcher.bat

3.Download and manually install JKE, JKR

When you reinstall remove all the files from you JK folder. (Just leave the saves right?:p)

Worked like a charm :)

I was only on level 4 so its all good ^_^

One slight problem, everything works fine but the new HUD doesn't show up. I prefer the old one anyways but I'm just wondering why sometimes it shows up and sometimes it doesn't xD

• 3 months later...
If you run the setup file I made (JKUP Setup.exe) it automatically patches your jk.exe. If you run pacher.bat after that the game will not start. It’s like trying to do the same thing twice.

1.Reinstall the game.

2.Run this: http://rapidshare.com/files/207282786/JKUP_Setup.exe.html

3.Download JK Enhanced, JK Retexture Pack and install them manually (don't use the setup file. its out of date)

4.Try running the game.

5.Start a new game. The Retexture pack will mess up your textures if you saved BEFORE installing the mod.

If it does not work try:

1.Reinstall

2.Manually install the latest unofficial patch and run patcher.bat

3.Download and manually install JKE, JKR

When you reinstall remove all the files from you JK folder. (Just leave the saves right?:p)

Hello

I followed your instructions step by step however I have a problem

in software mode the game crashes, can't go into game

in 3D accel mode the hires texture work but there is a glitch with my ATI radeon that causes massive gfx corruption and game is unplayable

what should I do now?

• 8 months later...

If you have a valid and real copy of the game, JK, and follow the steps for installing the JKE and the texture pack, everything will work and it will run fine.See the thread in this section that i created for Jedi Knight Enhanced. It is a great improvment on a great game.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived