Home

StarWarsKnights interviews Introversion Software

Played the demos of Darwinia and Defcon. I wouldn't exactly call it my style, but I can see why it'd be fun to play, especially in multiplayer. I also commend Chris Delay and Introversion for trying something new in the gaming world.

Oh, DI, you forgot an 'r' in 'Introversion.co.uk/blog'. Good interview, DI, thanks for a good read. ;)

Played the demos of Darwinia and Defcon. I wouldn't exactly call it my style, but I can see why it'd be fun to play, especially in multiplayer. I also commend Chris Delay and Introversion for trying something new in the gaming world.

Oh, DI, you forgot an 'r' in 'Introversion.co.uk/blog'. Good interview, DI, thanks for a good read. ;)

Fixed! Glad you enjoyed the interview. :)

Great interview there. Introversion has most certainly been one of the more innovative independent developers around, especially with the brilliance that is DEFCON. I've only played the demos of Darwinia and Multiwinia, and I verily enjoyed those.

I really like their obsession with vector and polygonal-based art direction in their games, and their dedication to user-created mods, which is something to really thank them for, since the Ireland vs. UK map for DEFCON is my favorite. :xp:

Subversion is looking more and more interesting, and hopefully, they'll be working on games with greater amounts of depth, such as an RPG. Either way, the pantheon of the game gods are smiling down upon Introversion.

First question that strikes my mind is, just why did StarWarsKnights.com interview Introversion? :p

The guys at Introversion are great and an inspiration to wannabe game designers worldwide. DEFCON is, without a doubt, a gem of a game and I know you think so too, Darth. :D

... Well, Chris Delay of Introversion Software, anyway, who generously agreed to answer my wittery queries on Introversion, game development and modding.

Link

Interesting interview to read. Hadn't heard of them before, but I guess that's some more games to add to the queue to check out some time. :)

First question that strikes my mind is, just why did StarWarsKnights.com interview Introversion? :p

Presumably since so little happens on the KOTOR and Star Wars gaming front nowadays that the site is branching out to include more general gaming news and features as well. :)

I liked reading that too. I liked Mr. Delay's point about facial animation etc. being a time/money sink. That struck an old-school chord with me. There's something to be said for letting players' imaginations fill in those gaps.

:o You know, I had always thought DEFCON was a multiplayer/subscription game only (somehow got that in my head)... glad to see I was very much mistaken. I think I'll be playing the demo of that tonight. :)

Thank you DI!

Archived