Home

German WW2 Game

Nickelstein

Oh, there are a few, such as the RTS Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts, there is a German Campaign, but for FPS, I'm sure there is one. There's definately several multiplayer games where you can be the Wehrmacht, or anyother sect of the German army, like Red Orchestra, Day of Defeat, and a few others that escape my mind. There is also the German campaign on nearly all the Battlefield: 1942 games. That's all I can think of that are close to what your saying..:D

hell no cod is to one sided to depict the Wehrmacht in a realistic way. Most of any WW2 fps developers knowledge doesn't go past American propaganda.

Its just Nazi this and Nazi that. Too bad really. It would have been more interesting and a breath of fresh air to say the least

Well, now the army is no longer the Wehrmacht, it's Der Bundeswehr, people's army, or something like that, it's been that way since the fall of the Soviet Union and the end of the occupation. I'm sure that there are many people, myself included, who view the German army as people, and not mindless Nazi drones, though, I'm not justifying what happened, becuase there were still many who did follow Hitler willingly, sadly:(

Yep, agreed, a huge number of the Third Reich's forces were just that, soldiers, many fought for the Fatherland, for eachother, for the people, but not for Hitler. Hitler was just the guy who ahd the reigns of power, and that is why we run into such generalizations...

Most video games only focus on D-Day and few focus on anything else but that.

If I ever make a video game it would be on the 1st Fallschirmjager Division aka "The Green Devils" and their combat jumps. Unfortunately NO video game companies have the guts to do this.

Germans=Nazis that eat sasuage and say Sieg Heil at the end of every sentence;This is the generalization of Germany today and in WW2

Well, not entirely, as I said, Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts, breaks down that generalization, the German army is not portrayed as bad guys in that game..it almost makes you want them to win, but I'm still glad they didn't, things had to go the way they went, otherwise, the world would've been a much darker place.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
There's a scene in Schindler's List where Ralph Fiennes snipes at "lazy" Jewish workers. Why not a game based on that?

I saw that movie, too.

Now it was their job. But when I see what the SS and so did ...

Have or had these men no conscience? :(

Archived