Home

Star Wars: Second Rebellion

Tysyacha

Vtorym caught the blaster and winked at Keriz for thanks. "Much appreciated, comrade." She stayed low beside the smuggler, waiting for the slightest movement, listening for the slightest sound. Nothing answered them except the cool breezes outside, whispering.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kerlaya's eye's burst open, with deadly focus. She immediately reached for the net, quickly determining the shatterpoint. She gently tapped a single piece of the rope and it fell off from around her, the Yslamari applicant already fading. She summoned her lightsaber in time to deflect an expert shot from the nearby cliff and she quickly muttered to Draze. "I appreciate the help, so thank's." She smiled then her expression faded, leaving her alone against the Hunter.

She still felt weak from the whole ordeal, many blaster shot's still giving off smoke and heat. She held her lightsaber to her chest, skyward and closed her eye's. A few blue circle's arose around her body, bathing it in a cool azure color. Within moment's the mark's became less severe and she found it easier to focus. The Sniper was not the only threat. The Yslamari had also prevented her ((And likely the other Jedi)) from detecting a new presence. Alot of them . . . within second's what seemed like an entire battalion emerged from the foliage, quickly advancing upon the Jedi. The Assassin saw the oncoming Horde and quickly abandonded his prey, knowing full well the danger's of remaining.

At the head of the small precession was the very same figure whom she had fought by her fighter. She took the Form III ready stance and gestured for the battalion to engage. The fact that the Sith had returned bothered her, as if his last defeat wasn't really a victory for her. Within second's the Sith figure leapt at her, roaring in rage and focusing upon his primal emotion's She quickly ducked under the jump, quickly attempting to trip him as he fell. The Sith exerted energy as he moved past Kerlaya's trip, coming at her with a vicious thrust. His lightsaber almost decapitated her, as she redirected his attack at an approaching trooper. The Sith did not cease his attack, sacrificing the troop to maintain his assault.

He brought a powerful blow down upon her, trying to break through her tightly weaved defense. The two came to a stalemate as their lightsaber's locked. Kerlaya brought her left palm forward, attempting to throw him off balance. The figure quickly followed suit, unleashing lightning at her. The two forces met, causing a large force eruption which shoved away and electrified all it touched. Kerlaya quickly span on her heel, slashing at the figure's leg. He simply grunted as he moved to recover, unleashing lightning upon his own blade.

Kerlaya's form could not stand such precision and pressure, as she fell backward's into a tree. The figure thrust his lightsaber into the ground, Kerlaya narrowly rolling out of the way. She re-summoned her blade, igniting it mid-air so that it cut a tree upon it's return. The structure toppled upon the Sith, only to be throw backward's by his force push. It's form was tossed into the air, only to be brought back by Kerlaya. Once again they fought a battle of the force, the center of it being the tree. Meanwhilst the battalion advanced upon Draze, intent upon killing or captulating him.

The battle continued, the tree now torn asunder by the horrific force's unleashed by the Sith. Kerlaya quickly moved away, flinging object's idly against the Sith. Within second's she was upon the river bank, the Sith threatening to topple her now small defense. She quickly threw her lightsaber at a branch above the figure, bringing it down upon his head. The branch split and a large shard ran down the Sith's face, ripping off the hood and leaving a large cut down his left eye. He snorted, using his pain to fuel his power. A powerful death field unleashed by the Sith reassured Kerlaya that she had a chance.

She quickly span, using the speed built up to redirect the blast at a nearby tree. The tree burst into flame's, which Kerlaya then unleashed upon the Sith. He in turn struck with lightning. Within second's the Sith had won control of the flame's, directing their blazing fury at Kerlaya. A skillfull dodge caused the flame to smash into the river, causing a large amount of steam to arise. The Sith advanced into the haze, seeking out his prey. Kerlaya leapt at him, throwing him off balance and into the river's sweeping current. He landed upon a rock, baring his teeth in rage at Kerlaya.

Kerlaya crossed her leg's and meditated, awaiting the Sith's next strike. He meanwhilst stood staring at the water, gathering his fury and primal rage against his foe. A stray shot from a trooper brought a rockslide down upon the river, blocking Kerlaya's view of her foe. His life signature vanished, but his force pulse remained. Kerlaya knew full well that he had simply gone into a stasis state, to preserve himself and allow him to gather his thought's. She rose and departed, already concerned for the welfare of her friend's. A blast of lightning stopped her still, sending her flying back to the ground next to Draze.

The Sith advanced upon the Padawan, his face contorted in a outright look of rage.

Keriz peeked over the edge of the bashed window. The Jedi girl had rushed into battle, but only a few minutes later was thrown back into view by some strange blue lightning. He then caught sight of a figure in black, something all to familiar for those fleeing the New Republic.

He scrunched back down.

"I think they'll need help....I'll go around and flank whatever that guy is...you stay here, this is the only safe place right now. You'll be able to gaurd the doors and windows properly if you just stay here in cover. If any of the guys attacking us get in here, let me know. I'll be back."

Keriz moved in a crouch towards the back door and quickly opened it.

Draze watched as Kerlaya ran into battle against a Dark Jedi of some sort. He really believed this day was not turning out for the best. He had hoped to just pick up his ship, fly some where and just live a simple smugglers life he had planned out for himself. Now he's got himself involved with the Jedi again, into some kind of mess of trouble, and was now facing some type of certain death.

"Today definitely isn't getting a positive rating." he mumbled to himself as he watch a battalion of Sith soldiers approach him.

A couple ran forward before the rest of they're troop to confront him.

"Give up Jedi, you are out matched" one of them said in a low cold tone. He sounded however as if speaking Galactic Basic language was not his first language.

Draze grinned "Well one thing I've never been is smart. So giving up really isn't an option."

The Sith Soldier drew out his light saber attacking Draze. He quickly activated his defending himself from every attack. As he defended himself he study his opponents movements and eventually began to predict what the next attack might be.

As his opponent came crashing down from the air Draze dove underneth the blow came up behind him swiping his lightsaber low cutting off the Sith Soldiers legs. Draze pushed the Sith's lightsaber away from him making sure he wouldn't grab in his pain filled rage.

Draze then felt a sharp pain in his back that started to burn.

"It's poison my young Jedi friend. You want a cure you have to find me" said a low female voice whispering in his ear. Draze quickly turned around slashing at the other sith but missing. Anger started to fill his mind, he was poisoned, how could he have been so careless?

He looked at the the approaching battalion showing his rage towards them searching for the person who poisoned him. He then realized that Kerlaya was standing next to him, he grinned slightly saying "A little late don't you think."

She nodded at Draze, her breathing ragged as she recognised the Sith Lord emerging from the foliage. "I fooled you Jedi, I analyzed our last battle, calculating best the way to defeat you." His triumphant beckoning turned into spite. "But there was no way apparent to me, no way to end you save to wait for a fault. It never came. The fury of my failure fueled my power and now, I am unstoppable!" Kerlaya sighed, having heard the speech before.

She noticed that Draze had poison applied to him and quickly healed the wound, albeit temporarily. He would live a few more day's without a cure, but he would have slight trouble. She redirected her focus to the Sith Lord.

The Sith retorted and glared at the Jedi. "Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power. Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken--"

The Sith attacked suddenly, unleashing a relentless blast of lightning from his fingertip's. Kerlaya flipped behind him and ignited her saber underarm, impaling the Sith Lord. He gasped for air as he finished. "The force . . . shall . . . free me." His eye's shone with the dream of the Sith, infinite power. He smiled as he died, realizing his life was a lie. "Thank you Jedi . . . no . . . the force shan't free me . . . only death . . . can serve such a purpose." She looked in surprise at the Sith and spoke gently. "No . . . that is wrong." The Sith wheezed and spoke his final word's with a sense of purpose. ""There is no emotion; there is peace. There is no ignorance; there is knowledge. There is no passion; there is serenity. There is no death; there is the Force." He spoke the final phrase with pride and closed his eye's to the eternal sleep.

His body dispersed, becoming one with the force. She withdrew her lightsaber from his dissappearing form and leapt back to Draze's side. The Sith ignited their blade's and began to charge. Four advanced upon Kerlaya, five upon Draze. She tripped one as he came at her, slashing him as he fell. She then cut off the hand's of a second foolish Sith, disarming him. She threw this second Sith against a tree, knocking him out instantly. The other two came at her at once, forcing her to move against both at the same time. Kerlaya moved to put a Sith between her and the other.

Upon doing so she unleashed a force push, sending the female into the other Sith. The Sith broke his neck as he hit the tree, the force of the other crushing him. The survivor quickly charged, unleashing a petty display of lightning against Kerlaya. She used her lightsaber to redirect it at the charging Sith's feet, causing her to slide into a nearby tree. She tried to get to her feet, but as she did so a branch fell upon her. It was obvious that these 'Acolytes' were unable to cope against a Jedi and so she climbed up into a tree near Draze. Kerlaya then crossed her leg's, going into a state of Battle Meditation, empowering Draze against the Sith.

Keriz peeked around the corner of the building, right in time to see a large number of Sith attacking the Jedi in the field.

He immediatley went back into the house and looked to Vtorym.

"It may be better if we hold out here, these numbers aren't good."

Keriz took out a couple grenades.

"Here. Help me set up some booby traps, they won't get in here without a few casualties."

Draze saw five of the Sith Acolytes approach him. His vision was starting to become blurry however. He realized this wasn't good, if he didn't get the cure fast who knows how long he had. One of the acolytes charged at him his blade out stretched ready to impale him. A move like that Draze could easily deflect and kill his opponent with ease. As the Sith drew closer Draze spun and jumped into the air impaling his lighsaber into the back of the acolyte killing him. Then he quickly spun around to another approaching Sith cutting him in half before the sith had a chance to defend himself.

Draze counted in his head, there were two down that left three more. He saw one charging and another one trying to hide his position by following behind his companion matching her step for step. This move probably would of worked better if the man was leading in front instead of the female, but that was a mistake they were about to learn the hard way.

He used force pushed and sent the female flying into the male behind her, his blade running threw her abdomen and his head cracking against the rock. That left one more, one more Sith to find. Then he looked at the tree line and saw her. The one that poisoned him. She had removed her mask, a Human Sith Female Acolyte. She let her long dark brown hair blow with the wind, allowing some of her hair to cover her smile of delight.

"Remember Jedi if you want the cure. Return to where you Journey started." she jumped into the shadows and dissapeared.

Draze stood there gripping his lightsaber tightly, feeling the rage grow inside him. He knew these feelings were the dark side, but he didn't care. He recognized that Sith Acolyte and it pained him deeply to see what she had become. Threw his rage however he retrieved clarity and knew he had to try and save her, somehow in some way.

Kashrak, Commander of the Sith Battalion, advanced upon a nearby building. His troop had detected some life sign's within, two by his count. After running a diagnostic one was finally identified; Vtorym Rtasi, Assistant to Senator Doran Kinta. He had thought her kidnapped, but apparently not so. At least, not if she was in the company of Jedi. The thought brought the world back into focus, as he thought of how best to deal with the sighted Jedi. The Soldier's stood now about one hundred yard's from the building. His troop's halted, readying their rifle's and vibro-blade's for battle. Ten second's of respite was all these men had, as within the next instant Kashrak ordered a breach maneouver.

The troop numbered eighty men, all in the Sith Armor from the time of Revan. Kashrak wore the signature crimson armor, marking him as a Seniour Officer. The troop quickly moved to initiate the breach and sprinted toward's their goal with precision and speed. The main group consisted of ten men, who would come in from the rear. A group of six would come in front the left side and a group of three from the front. Two Sith Apprentice's, wearing the Robe's of Korriban, moved onto the roof, where they would enter from. Another two soldier's moved to the front window's, preparing to break them open and enter via there.

Kashrak's troop moved silently through the long grass, sacrificing no speed in their movement's. Kashrak himself would enter from a connected building, which was in effect a large corridor leading into the main building. His troop's armor was blast resistant to a degree, meaning grenade's and such would be a futile gesture. Their visor's also absorbed 'flash' class lighting, preventing a blinding trick. The armor also had a nice little feature; personal shielding. These men were the Elite. The Sith Lord himself had taken a group of failed student's, hoping to dispose of the two major Jedi. The failed student's were sent to their death's, as Sith society had no room for failure's.

Kashrak also had a very useful attatchment assigned to him; a squad of Sith Assassin's. These 'units' were armed with stealth generator's, quarterstaff's, specially adapted vibro-blade's and precision blaster's. This group of five was already in the building, stalking the two occupant's from the shadow's. If either was a Jedi, however, all these extra troop's would be necessary in capturing him. If not, he could still cause trouble. A small holo-droid entered the building via a door, allowing two more Assassin's to enter without being detected. It moved to Keriz's side and projected the image of a uniformed Sith officer.

"Greeting's fugitive. By order of the Sith you are commanded to stand down, failure to comply will result in the use of brute force." The sound of rifle's being readied carried through this message, ensuring that the target's got the message. As if on queue the small crawler droid opened a hatch for the target's to deposit their weapon's in. Kashrak quickly activated his holo-viewer, causing the officer's image to be replaced with Kashrak's. "I assume the Officer has already gone through the formalities, so I will get to the point. We are of the Sith, soldier's employed by them to do the task's. We simply need you for negotiation purpose's, as we wish to defect. I also wish to extend my service's to both of your Jedi friend's, to serve as Peacekeeper's of the sort."

Kashrak spoke the truth, but he truly wondered what the word of a Sith was worth. He didn't really wish to harm them, but the breach was necessary in case this was a Jedi trick. He quickly berated himself for such thought's, knowing Jedi incapable of such treachery that would end in death.

Keriz made eye-contact with the hologram of the Sith Officer. Today was not going as planned.

At the same time, Keriz's HUD spotted several objects moving in the shadows. Apparently the Sith had come prepared.

"Greeting's fugitive. By order of the Sith you are commanded to stand down, failure to comply will result in the use of brute force. "I assume the Officer has already gone through the formalities, so I will get to the point. We are of the Sith, soldier's employed by them to do the task's. We simply need you for negotiation purpose's, as we wish to defect. I also wish to extend my service's to both of your Jedi friend's, to serve as Peacekeeper's of the sort."

Keriz didn't quite believe what he was hearing. He knew it had to be a trick, he'd been hunted long enough to know that Sith could never be trusted.

He looked at the position where the Sith stealth troopers were hiding. Luckily, they were directly underneath one of his pre-placed bombs, all of those Sith were doomed from the second they entered the building.

Keriz looked back at the little holo-droid with the Sith officer and chuckled.

"Why would you need us for negotiations? Bait? Leverage? If you really wanted to defect, all you had to do was just..surrender."

He raised his foot and with one kick, the droid was dismantled, he then activated the bomb above the Sith soldiers. He jumped onto Vtorym to protect her from any shards of shrapnel that came her way. The explosion came, and the death of the troopers was confirmed by their screams as they were ripped apart by the well-placed trap.

Keriz grabbed his blaster-rifle and awaited the inevitable entry of Sith troopers.

"Very well. My battalion surrender's. The droid's frequency can be tweaked to match that of my personal shield. If you altered it, you could overload my shield's and kill me instantly." The droid's light flashed rapidly as a small dial emerged. "The frequency is 000209581." Kashrak thought this the only way to go about his task, even if it meant the death of him.

Draze looked over at Kerlaya knowing with absolute certainty that they're newly found companions in all this mess were in some sort of danger. He sorted threw the choices in his head, go help out them, or go help her. Draze hasn't seen that person in years, before he joined the Jedi order. Most of the order if not all knew where he came from and who his parents were or at least what they were. Followers of the Sith teachings, but Draze didn't want that life full of hate and anger, he wanted to know and feel peace.

He found that peace when he spotted a Jedi spy hidden with in the academy. Everyone thought that the academy was hidden on a deserted planet, but the should of known that a large about for force sensitive beings would bring attention form the Jedi, especially gathering all in one place. Draze followed the Jedi spy upon his vessel and stayed hidden. Shortly after the ship was in orbit away from the planet he got to meet what would be his first master face to face.

The memory of that day brought Draze a simple peace and calm to his drastically shortened life. At this point he didn't care if he died, he just wanted to be able to show her that following the path her parents and taught her wasn't always the best way.

Draze sat down on the ground pretending to be warn out "Why don't you go take a look at the situation. I'm going to sit here and try to catch my breath" he said with a grin, trying to keep up at least half of his personality. He was never good at making plans but doing this may bring more trouble to his new found friends. He thought best if he did this on his own.

Keriz nodded,"I accept your surrender. But I think your buddies near here won't appreciate your defecting. Go...handle them, and then I'l think if I'll kill you or not."

He then shut off the hologram and stood, checking out of habit to see if his blaster was still loaded. He sighed and chuckled.

"Well, today is really eventful if you ask me..."

((Kyv, I don't understand your last post in the slightest :confused:))

Kerlaya moved quickly to the building, to find it surrounded by Sith Trooper's. Their thought's were shielded by year's of practice and she found the shield's to be quite efficient. Kerlaya moved into the building, the Soldier's not challenging her in the least. She walked up to Keriz and sealed the door behind her with the force. "What's with the battalion here?" As if to answer her question Kashrak entered from a nearby dooway. Kerlaya sighed and sat down, meditating as she waited.

"Greeting's Jedi, I am Kashrak, Commander of this defected Regiment." Two H-Trooper's emerged from the doorway behind Kashrak, moving to flank him. "Stand down." The Soldier's quickly moved aside, standing to attention either side of Kashrak. "I thought there were two Jedi here . . ." Kashrak stared at Kerlaya searchingly. Without moving or opening her eye's she spoke.

"I am Kerlaya Honz, Jedi Knight of the new Order." She rose from her position quickly, brushing aside her flowing robe's to reveal her lightsaber. She allowed the robe to fall about her form again, leaving her warning hidden. Kashrak silently nodded, acknowledging the warning.

"I mean you no harm Master Jedi, I have simply come to offer Draze Hodrenn my battalion's services." Kashrak knew full well that Kerlaya did not intend to accept his offer, so he exchanged her for Draze. He hoped he would have more luck, as he wished to be of some sort of service.

"Well Vtorym, you are now safe and this occurance does not concern me. Do what you will." Kerlaya then departed back to her fighter and flew back to her hangar. After ensuring the vessel was in good condition, she went downstair's to the garage. "Hey HK, hello R2." She smiled at the pair as she wiped some oil of her hand's. HK was working on a nearby console, whilst R2 moved quickly about each of the vehicle's, repairing them as he went. "Greeting's Mistress. R2 say's you have a new message."

Kerlaya nodded and moved over to the R2 unit, moving him away from the speeder. "Activate holoviewer." The R2 chimed as it responded, projecting a blue beam onto the nearby speeder. The image showed a Hooded figure seated inside an office. The red orb's under his hood discomforted Kerlaya, but she showed no such emotion's.

"Jedi . . . long have I hunted you, but yet you elude me. My hunter's, the Sith . . . give in. I will never stop hounding you, I will walk in your shadow, you will never hear the end of it." The figure snorted, his orb's shifting from Kerlaya to a small orb on his lap, fingering his lightsaber which rested on the arm of the chair. "The Jedi are gone, dead. You are merely a faltering remnant of a dying breed, Jedi. You and Draze . . . yes. I know of your companion. Even now he verges on death, as my plan's succeed his life force fail's."

Kerlaya closed her eye's and blocked all distraction's, cutting her off from the ranting's of this mysterious figure. She reached out to Draze, warning him of a great danger. The laughter of the hologram cut her off. "Soon . . . I will find you. I will kill you and destroy all you hold dear." The hologram flickered for a moment and then vanished. Kerlaya stared at the space the hologram only a moment ago occupied, thinking about his word's.

(I was medicated at the time, basically it was a little background on his life before. You'll understand because I'm going to explain further.)

Draze watched as Kerlaya moved closer to the building. He didn't make any quick attempt to get up knowing that a little rest would do him some good. He wasn't sure what type of poison was coursing threw his body, but he could feel it making him weaker and more tired. His mind started to feel like it was becoming a liquid paste inside his own head. If he was going to die he needed to find her, needed to talk to her at least once.

When he saw Kerlaya's ship raise off the ground and head to the hanger bay by the building he knew his time had come. He stood up and ran towards his ship, coughing as he ran. Draze reached his ship and ran up the cargo bay ramp and headed straight to the cockpit. He punched in the coordinates where his journey began. He felt his ship lift off the ground and head into space his destination...

"Korriban" he mumbled to himself.

Vtorym had not usually been one to get into trouble--at least, not the sort of trouble that she was in right now. Slipping out from beneath Keriz' hold, she scrambled toward one of the bedrooms, locked herself in, and set a trap before the door--the fatal tret'evo, a three-tiered mine of poison, sonic damage, and plasma. She herself had helped to create it as a demolitionist, and her employer's staff had put on the final touches. She wasn't coming out until either Keriz or one of the Jedi deactivated the tret'evo--or a Sith.

She climbed onto the bed, covered with a stained blanket, and saw that there was an intact comlink nearby. Perfect! She'd use it to contact Kinta. The assistant reached for it to activate it, but then had second thoughts. Keriz was a smuggler, and the Galactic Senate sent even ones that were minor annoyances to hard labor. So they did with their accomplices as well. Legally, she was obligated to report any hint of criminal activity on the planets where she was assigned to go as a diplomat and strategist, but this time she stayed her hand. Also, legally, she was required to report any gathering of more than three Jedi in the same place. There was the woman, Draze, and a few others...that was enough. She'd have to let her boss know.

Vtorym held the comlink in her palm, thinking of climbing out the window.

Keriz watched as some of the defecting Sith troopers began to fall in to a line, this was a pleasing sight. Not many people to kill, and only a few scratches for it. Things had changed in a good way.

Keriz stepped outside to greet the other two people, but Draze was running to his ship, and the other Jedi had already left. Leaving Keriz in a rather unfortunate set of circumstances, for once in his life, he had no objective. But then one came to mind: Vtorym.

He let out a breath of relief and walked back inside the house.

Vtorym had fled to the other side of the house during the fighting, but he wasn't quite sure where. He hoped that she had not fled all the way, she was after all, the Senator's assistant, the Senator who hated people like Keriz, and wouldn't hesitate to destroy him.

He walked down the hallway and checked each room until he reached one with the door closed.

He knocked,"Vtorym? Are you in there?"

He was about to open the door when he noticed wires on the controls.

He smiled and knew that she had done this, because nearly all civilians forgot that a trap is supposed to be hidden, wires gave it away. He quickly disarmed the wires and opened the door.

Kashrak fell in behind Keriz. The Soldier's moved to flank him, but he waved them off. "Keriz right? You might want to know that your being Hunted, alot of bounties on your head ya know. I can only offer you some protection, but I can't really help you if the Senate goes all up on your @$$."

Draze sat in the cockpit meditating slowing down the poison that was coursing threw his veins. He tried curing himself several times with no success. He grinned slightly, he wasn't sure if she was telling the truth but it be worth it to find out he guessed. The council in front of him started beeping telling that he was nearing Korriban. His heart started to pound with in his chest, he was certain it was fear. He never wanted to step foot on that dark place again, but here he was willing returning to a place he once called home.

He placed his hand on the top of the pilots chair peering down at the council. As he gaze drifted to the window in front of him, there he saw the massive planet once again. It was memories he didn't want to relive but it would seem destiny or the force wouldn't allow him to ignore this part of his life.

Draze sat in the pilots chair and landed the ship on the planets dry desert surface. Slowly he walked threw the ship hearing the howls of the wind scrap across the ships surface. The wind sounded like it was tearing at it, trying to break it open and rip Draze right out the ship. He reached the cargo bay door and lowered the ramp. With each step he took upon the ramp and it echoed threw the interior of the ship and vibrated threw his body.

He could sense her she wasn't far. He just hoped he would be able to save her form her self destructive path.

Vtorym did a double-take at Keriz. How had he disarmed her tret'evo so quickly?! Ah: he was a smuggler, and so he was probably used to such things--and worse. There was only one mine worse than the tret'evo, and that was the pyatyx--a trap combining elements of frag, sonic, plasma, poison, and CryoBan damage all at once. She knew how to make and disarm them, and that was part of the reason why Kinta had hired her. Assassination attempts weren't just carried out on the Jedi Knights...

As for the man behind Vtorym, he caused her to shriek and start to open the window.

"WAIT! WAIT!! Don't worry, these guys are with us now. I took his surrender, and now he wants to help!"

The appearance of the Sith officer was not improving the amount of trust between Vtorym and Keriz. This would take a bit to explain.

He looked to the Sith,"Yeah, it's Keriz, and no, I don't need protection, I've handled myself pretty thus far. To be honest, you being here isn't entirely helping the situation, but I'm sure we'll find a way..."

Keriz walked into the room and moved to stop Vtorym from opening the window. He needed her to trust him in the judgement of the Sith defectors.

Vtorym blurted out six words that would either save her life or doom her in Keriz' eyes: "I-can't-believe-this-is-happening!" She shut the window and locked it for good measure. Turning to the Sith in red armor, she said, "My name is Vtorym Rtasi, First Assistant to Galactic Senator Doran Kinta. If you have truly surrendered and want to help us, then the first thing you'll tell me is where all of your compatriots are coming from. Who is their master? Did they follow Darth Caedus in the galactic war two years ago, or not?"

She mentioned for Keriz and the Sith to sit, either on the bed or the floor. "As far as I'm concerned, you've got a lot of questions to answer if you want to escape the electric cages. Kinta doesn't take kindly to the Jedi, let alone the Sith. Start talking."

Keriz let out a breath of relief as Vtorym settled down. He was extremely glad that she believed him, and her honesty on the situation.

He sat down on the bed and activated the safety on his blaster, settling, but not letting his gaurd down.

"As far as I'm concerned, you've got a lot of questions to answer if you want to escape the electric cages. Kinta doesn't take kindly to the Jedi, let alone the Sith. Start talking."

That made Keriz cough a bit in surprise.

"Vtorym, I think we should try to find even ground with these defectors, after all they do outnumber us and outgun us. They surrendered but they could still reverse that. They can help us, let's try to help them..."

He hoped that he'd gotten through soemhow without being disrespectful or offensive, he'd just have to wait and see.

Vtorym felt a pang of guilt and sorrow rise up within her. "I'm sorry, sir. We're trained to treat those who surrender with respect and dignity, and I gave you none. I'm so...on edge...that I have trouble thinking before I speak," she told Keriz and the Sith officer.

"What I really meant to tell you is that there's something worse than the electric cages that awaits you and your men if I--I mean, if Senator Kinta--doesn't think you're giving us enough information about your superiors. There is a method of execution called the 'stakefield', similar to a more...crude and medieval way to put someone to death. After you are chained to a wooden pole with glowing Force bonds, the executioner sets concentric circles of traps around you. Each layer is set off, one by one, twenty seconds apart so that you have a chance to confess or beg for your life before they all go off. This was learned from Darth Caedus, although he only did such a thing once.

"The outermost ring is made of Flash Mines, which act as cameras for the holovids so that a record of your ignominious death will be all over the comm channels. The second ring is Devastating Frag Mines, to make all who are standing too close dash for cover. The third ring consists of Devastating Sonic Mines, to drown out the noise of protesters and send you into a state of shock. The fourth ring? Devastating Gas Mines, which are filled, if you're lucky, with a halothine sedative gas to render you unconscious. If you're unlucky, the gas attacks your nerves and increases your pain. The fifth? Plasma. You're burned, alive but unconscious, at the stake. That, or else you slowly writhe in agony."

Vtorym saw Keriz' eyes bug out of his head. "The stakefield is only reserved for traitors."

Keriz took a breath and felt a rather sick feeling in his stomach. As a Merc, he ahd seen many things that were gruesome, but not many caused by torture, let alone something as cruel as this. Still, Vtorym made her point, but one question was still in his mind: Which side was Vtorym on? He'd jsut have to trust her for who she was at the moment.

"Okayyy, I believe your point was made....now who's up for lunch?"

He tried his best to lighten up the situation.

Draze walked along the surface of Korriban, taking in its ugliness again. It’s harsh unforgiving environment made him just want to leave and not return. But he knew the reason why he was here, why he had come all this way leaving his companions behind. He needed to talk to her just one more time, she was his friend, and to him she never stopped being that. Draze knew things between them had changed, had been mutilated twisted and corroded. When he saw her on Datooine however he sensed something, something that told him to try and save her. It felt like it was calling to him even now, if this was his final act as a living being then he hoped it would save her.

“I knew you would come” a female voice echoed through the canyon he was walking through.

One thing he hated more than uneventful days was echoes they just made it hard to pin point some ones location without the use of the force. Draze smiled a little and turned around his lightsaber firmly in his grasp but unactivated.

“It’s good to see you again Alli” Draze said to her looking into her blue-green eyes.

“Don’t mock me with pleasantries Draze” Alli said sounding insulted.

Draze watched as Alli paced back and forth acting as if she was thinking upon something. He had to take the opportunity to talk to her, even if she wasn’t in the mood to listen to him. He wasn’t positive as to why she was so angry with him, why she seemed to detest his very presence.

“Alli listen to me. I’m not sure why you hate me so much but…” Draze was cut off by her.

“Hate you? Hate you?! I despise your very existence. I want you to suffer like I have been.” She said to him, rage showing greatly in her eyes. But in the distance behind all that rage he saw something, some kind of sadness, loneliness. Then it hit him so hard that it felt like his very breath was being drawn out of his body. He left her alone, to be treated so harshly and raised so badly by the brutal Sith.

“Alli I’m sorry I left you. Believe me if I could have taken you with me I would have.” He said to her trying to calm her down.

“You’re sorry? All my life I have been waiting for this moment. This moment to drain your life from your body.” She said as she activated her lightsaber. Her blade was a vibrant purple, it seemed to show the life she wanted. The freedom she craved deep down inside herself.

Draze held up his hands looking straight into her eyes he refused to lie to her, he refused to lie to anyone it just wasn’t who he was. His eyes showed her how determined he was to save her, to show her that the path he walked was a justified path, a path of peace.

“Alli, please listen to me” he said slightly desperate “Let me show you my life. And you’ll see how amazing it is. And you can have the same life, a life of peace.”

“Peace” Alli responded in a mocking tone “How can you have peace when you are hunted down like an animal?”

“Its inner peace Alli, the kind of peace that helps you make good reasonable choices.”

Draze could see slightly that she was thinking slightly on what he was telling her. The part of her that wanted freedom, a new life was shining more vibrantly in her eyes now. He started to cough more, feeling more of the effects of the poison. He wasn’t sure how strong the poison was but he was certain he didn’t have a lot of time, and he was greatly positive he didn’t have the energy to fight her.

“Travel with me and my friends. We can show you what peace looks like. You don’t need to follow the ways of the Sith so blindly, you don’t need to follow the Jedi ways so blindly either. You just have to follow what you believe in. What your soul, your heart tells you.”

Draze watched as Alli deactivated her lightsaber and walked towards him. Then all of a sudden he felt a slight pinch in his neck. He was certainly surprised at how fast she was, but in a way in was pleased.

“You better be right” she said coldly “or next time I won’t poison you”

Draze only nodded with relief and led her back to his ship. Once they were both on board he set a course back to Dantooine hoping that everyone was still there.

Archived