Home

'Star Wars’ Live-Action TV Series Casting Underway

Prime

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How about Amy Allan coming back from the dead?

I don't care if it's cannon or not, I would like Aayla Secura to actually speak at some point on the screen. Considering what they did with KOTOR, something like pretending a character never died would be easy.

She did in the new tv series, the clone wars one.

Actually, no. That was Jennifer Hale who did the voice acting for an animated character. I was really wanting Amy Allen live-acting. Animation is alright, but nothing beats live-acting.

Ah, I thought you just wanted that character to speak, regardless the actor.

I think I'm the only one disappointed by this. We wanted to see Vader in the PT...but we only saw a few minutes of him. Now, in the perfect series for him to appear, he doesn't at all. Just a few episodes of him would be good.

We've had enough stories about Jedi survivors, though.

I think I'm the only one disappointed by this. We wanted to see Vader in the PT...but we only saw a few minutes of him. Now, in the perfect series for him to appear, he doesn't at all. Just a few episodes of him would be good.

A whole trilogy was dedicated to him. I have no objections if Vader never is seen again, since he is the most 2D villain in the SW universe... except maybe Malak.

Okay... I meant that the Darth Vader in the black suit was the 2D character I was talking about. Anakin Skywalker was more 3D than the guy in the suit, although a maroon. The character in the Original trilogy was just a thoughtless brute. He might have been something in the Force Unleashed, but even then he turned out to be just a slave to the Emperor and hardly an interesting villain.

Of course, that's just the reason I don't want him in any series episodes. There's nothing more to the character than what you saw in Episode four.

Okay... I meant that the Darth Vader in the black suit was the 2D character I was talking about. Anakin Skywalker was more 3D than the guy in the suit, although a maroon. The character in the Original trilogy was just a thoughtless brute. He might have been something in the Force Unleashed, but even then he turned out to be just a slave to the Emperor and hardly an interesting villain.

Of course, that's just the reason I don't want him in any series episodes. There's nothing more to the character than what you saw in Episode four.

What? Have you even watched the Original Trilogy? Vader is hardly a thoughtless brute.

2D Characters:

• Vin Diesel (Any Part)
  • Jack Carver
  • Master Chief(Halo 2 and 3)
  • Max Payne (Movie Version)
  • Marcus Fenix

Old Vader totally doesn't fit that list.

Agreed though, PT totally killed Vader for me, I tried watch ANH, and I kept getting Attack of The Clones flashbacks.

Padme:You're not all-powerful, Ani.

Anakin:Well I should be.

*Shutter*

Yeah, yeah, the essence of evil. Kill an admiral each time he screws up. Obey the Emperor, even if he says he wants an apprentice to replace you. All muscle and no brains. Domineering, but easily knocked back by a superior. Being absolutely EVIL... but turning because someone says there's good in you.

Vader may have had potential, but I find characters like Revan and the Emperor to be much more fearsome because they don't just kill people directly... griping and lightsaber slashing get tiring. Malak was actually based off Vader and he was an exact replica in my perspective. Is Malak also a complex character?

Either way... that is just what I think. There is simply nothing else that can come from Vader in a series.

• 6 months later...

This can be a great series. I think they did a smart thing excluding Jedi from the entire series. Because the moment you throw Jedi into the mix people are expecting lots of lightsaber fights, martial arts, and a lot of crazy sith action. Don't get me all wrong those are very cool elements but they also require lots of money and time when it comes to production, and considering it to be a TV series it would probably be lame. With this they create a very good story and introduce a lot about Star Wars a lot of people don't see.

Archived