Home

Shadow Sabre

Araeana

Araeana lay stretched out on her synthesized Tarisian leather chair, her eyes lazily scanning the Quantum Canary's systems' monitors. She had been waiting for her contact for over four hours now, and she was starting to doze. If this guy wasn't such a high-paying customer, she would have just left. However, the Rodian drug lord was willing to pay upwards of 50,000 credits for the smuggled spice and stimulants stored in her cargo hold. She would wait for him as long necessary. As she drifted to sleep in the Canary's cockpit, she slowly became oblivious to her surroundings.

((OOC: This thread is open. Please PM me your character profile if you would like to join in.))

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chikara stood on the edge of a cliff, watching a small smuggling vessel sit for numerous hours through his Monocular. He was drawn to a power inside it. He didn't know who, or what was causing this disruption, but he wanted, no, needed to find it. He would wait until the last possible moment to slip in undetected.

Araeana rested soundly. Over the past three years, the Quantum Canary had become her home. She knew this little ship like the tips of her head-tails. After all, she had spent countless hours on repairing and modifying the old ship. She had acquired it in a very lucky game of pazaak while on a job in the outer rim.

Araeana woke after just over 45 minutes, and, still seeing no sign of any other ships on sensors, decided to take a walk around the ship.

Chikara watched a blue figure leave the small ship. He dropped the small monocular, and stepped forward, lunging feet first off the cliff. falling a few seconds, he lands flat, dust rising from around his ankles as he walks toward the shuttle. He walks in behind the blue Twi'lek, and slips into the shuttle silently.

"Aww sh**t! I just fixed that last month!" Araeana cursed, crouching low and looking up at her ship's starboard exhaust vent. She stood quickly and trudged back towards the Canary's boarding ramp, the dust stirring around her ankles. She entered the ship and went about searching for her tool kit.

Araeana stepped into the cargo hold and stooped to open a footlocker. She rummaged through, finally finding the tool kit she needed at the very bottom. She was about to stand when she felt something strange... An eerie sensation... She felt that she was being watched... And her thoughts wandered back to her academy days on Dantooine...

Araeana's lekku twitched nervously. She slowly stood and turned around. "Umm... Hello...? Is anyone there?" Her hand automatically reached for the holster on her belt. Then, she shook herself and chuckled quietly, flipping her head-tails back behind her shoulders. [C'mon girl... Pull yourself together. There's no-one on my ship...] She strode out of the cargo hold.

Just as Araeana had banished the strange feeling, it returned, this time much stronger. And then she heard movement behind her. She turned and bounded back down the hall into the cargo hall. She saw a dark figure near the back of the room. "Hey you!" Araeana yelled. She headed slowly towards the intruder, her blaster held ready. "Drop whatever you stole right now, or so help me-"

Chikara didn't even look at the woman addressing him. He straightened up, and dropped a single hydro-spanner. He turned to look at the woman, his hood and dust mask hiding his sinister features. He held his arm out to the side, and drew his lightsaber to his hand. The way he stood showed no hostility, or defensiveness, no emotion.

Araeana saw the lightsaber handle in the intruder's outstretched hand, and instantly her mind raced back to her training at the academy. She had experience in hand-to-hand combat... maybe if she could get her hands on her vibro-blade... but no. There was still no chance of her surviving a duel with a trained Jedi. Maybe she could talk her way out of this one. It was worth a shot. "Hey, look..." she started, holding one hand above her head in mock-surrender, with the other still clutching her blaster in front of her. "Maybe I could make it worth your while... if you just wanted to let me go... I could-" Then something about the masked intruder struck her as familiar. She knew him. "Oh my God! Chikara?"

Chikara flicked the switch on his lightsaber, a sanguine light erupting from the end. He asked, his voice muffled and mechanical. "How do you know me?" He studied her features. If she was the one from his past, she'd have a scar on her left head-tail... A gift he left her when he set off in search of power.

"You won't find what you're looking for," Araeana smirked as she saw Chikara eyeing her head-tails. She flipped her left head-tail over her shoulder into clearer view. "A few hours in a kolto tank... you know how insecure I am about my hair." She smiled at the inside joke. In studying Chikara's features she saw no humour. "What happened to you? I can't believe you just ran away like that! From the academy, your friends- What did the Sith do to you?"

Chikara simply sidestepped the blast, and was quickly at her throat with the blade she kept in her boot. He felt a strong urge to kill her right then and there, the handle of the dagger cracking under the force of his clenched mechanical hand. He could see her sweat running down her neck and onto the blade.

Araeana had never been so close to death in her life. Through sheer will, she forced her mouth to form the words, "You don't have to do this..." She stayed perfectly still, knowing that any involuntary movement could be her last. "Please... Chikara...."

Chikara pulled back the blade. He saw her heave a sigh of relief. He flicked the knife forward, gashing her cheek as the blade whizzed by and sunk into the cockpit door. He retracted his lightsaber, but kept it in hand. He lowered his hood, and removed his cloak, revealing a sullen body, mechanical from his mid-back, to his fingertips on his left side. He would not kill this woman, as he could feel a great promise in her. He didn't know why, but knew that this act of mercy would reward him greatly in the future.

Araeana backed away, her eyes widening in shock at Chikara's altered appearance. It seemed that nearly half of his body had been sliced away and replaced with metal and wiring. She clapped a hand to her mouth and breathed slowly. When the shock faded away she removed the hand and spoke. "What they've done for you, eh? Who... did... this?"

Chikara placed his mechanical hand on his mask, replying quietly. "Shortly after you abandoned me, My master saved me, trained me." Chikara removed his mask, and held it at his side. His face was pale, flawless except for a single scar over his eye. His eyes were indistinguishable, as they were shiny, glossy. His lips were nearly as white as his face

Araeana's expression was pained as she recounted their story. "You ran away! You told me before you left... gave me some bantha poodoo about the Jedi holding you back... I tried to stop you. I did some research and found out that the Sith's initiation is murder. I knew I had to stop you before you did something you couldn't come back from. Obviously I failed... again, like always." Araeana rolled her eyes. "I watched you kill our best friend. She came with me, remember? As back-up... I thought that I had lost you." She looked up into his glossy eyes, searching for some remnant of the person she knew.

Archived