Home

Shadow Sabre

Araeana

"And... you... killed them... all..." It wasn't meant as a question. Araeana suddenly felt terrified, like a small animal trapped in the claws of a predator. She actually saw the man sitting across from her for the first time since their reunion. He had no regard for human life. None. She stood and asked, nearly hyperventilating, "Why am I still alive?"

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Araeana shook her head. "You're not going to kill me, Chikara. That's why I'm afraid." She knew the words were true as soon as she spoke them, even though she didn't understand why. She felt a little braver as she stepped closer to Chikara's seat. "Why have you kept me alive?"

Chikara retracted his blade. "I fear for you, Araeana. You get by on luck. That contact you were meeting was going to kill you if I hadn't of exterminated him. That power I sought... You." Chikara didn't know why he was speaking like this at all. He shook his head and stood up, replacing half of his mask, only showing one eye, the Red one, with the scar. "We need to move. Now."

Chikara ran straight out of the apartment, and was half-way down the corridor before Araeana was clear of the apartment door. "HURRY UP!" He ran back to her, and gripped her wrist. "MOVE!" he shouted. He dragged her down the corridor, bones splintering and flying every which-way.

Araeana's feet were planted on the floor. She kept looking back and forth between Chikara's running figure and her beloved ship. She made her decision after what seemed like an eternity, but was in fact, a fraction of a second. "WE HAD BETTER BE COMING BACK FOR HER!!!" She shouted, running full tilt to catch up with Chikara.

Araeana was winded by the force of Chikara's mechanical arm hitting her hard in the ribs. She nearly fell to the ground. When she had regained her composure, she snapped, "Don't suppose you could've mentioned that ledge was there, huh?"

Araeana let out a tiny scream, then locked her jaw closed to muffle the sound. She held on to Chikara for dear life. She heard the sound of tendons and wiring being stripped from Chikara's mechanical arm as his metal fingers dug into the wall, slowing their fall. When they finally dropped into the access tunnel, Araeana gasped, trying to regain her composure. "Don't you ever, EVER, do that to me again!"

Araeana scrambled back to her feet. She could feel the heat of the fireball closing in behind them. "Holy sh**t!!!" Adrenaline pulsed through her, allowing her to overtake Chikara. She quickly turned a corner and pulled him into an alcove with her, allowing the explosion to pass, leaving them unharmed. She pushed Chikara against the wall angrily. "That is IT! Neither of us is taking another step until you tell me exactly what is going on!"

Archived