Home

Shadow Sabre

Araeana

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Araeana gulped loudly, her head-tails twitching. She massaged her neck, and slowly nodded. Silence engulfed the small cockpit as the turbulence of the barren moon's atmospheric pressure gave way into peaceful blackness.

Araeana glared at him. "This ship is the paragon of space travel technology, thank you very much. And you'll treat her with respect. She's a very sensitive old girl." Araeana petted the bulkhead beside her, as if to comfort it from the sting of Chikara's remark.

Araeana wondered if Chikara knew how much his words distressed her. It was all she could do to remain silent. Araeana knew that he would not appreciate her desire to help him. She just stared out at the passing points of light, pondering the entanglement she had just fallen into, and wondering if she would later wish that she and Chikara had never reunited...

Kaden watched the little ship with a gleam in his eye... He knew Chikara was on it, he could sense it in the force... He stretched out into the force as to who else was there. He took steady breaths and suddenly opened his eyes... [Araeana? What is she doing with Chikara?] He thought back to the time when Chikara held a lightsaber to Araeana's throat and later killed Kira. He blinked back tears.

Araeana busied herself by running ship-wide diagnostics, continually glancing over at Chikara. Her fingers danced absentmindedly on the consoles and touchscreens for just over two hours, before her stomach grumbled audibly. "Oh... Guess I forgot to eat..." She got up and grabbed a couple of ration packs from a cupboard in the cockpit. She returned to her seat, and offered one to Chikara. "Hungry?"

Chikara reached out, and one of the rations floated above him, Checking for toxins. It wouldn't matter, he is immune to most poisons anyways. He ripped open the corner and tilted his mask up slightly. He brought the ripped corner to his lips and began to drain the package.

Araeana resented Chikara for mistrusting her. Didn't he know that she would never hurt him? She ripped off the corner of her own rations and guzzled down the gel-like substance inside. "So... less than 5 hours to Nar Shadaa... Is there anything I should know before we get there?"

"I'm stronger than you think. After all these years of dealing with the scum of the galaxy, I've got good instincts, and a quick shooting arm..." She looked Chikara over slowly. "And I'm also the only link to a past you want to stay buried. Am I correct? I'm safer kept with you."

Araeana nodded, satisfied. Smiling slightly, she leaned back and closed her eyes. She found it difficult to believe that she was taking this course. Putting her future in the hands of an evil cyborg who might sooner kill her than look at her. But she couldn't leave him now that fate had brought him back to her again. She had to believe that she could help him return to the light, if she was just patient enough... and if he didn't kill her before she got the chance...

Archived