Home

Nancy Pelosi wasting taxpayer money

GarfieldJL

For the record we didn't see Newt fly around on a private jet.
And I suppose you have 100% undeniable proof saying that any Republican did not ever use taxpayer money for his/her own personal affairs?

Politicians go on private trips to resorts and other destinations all of the time, and you're getting into a fit because Pelosi is doing it? Every politician is corrupt in some way.

And I suppose you have 100% undeniable proof saying that any Republican did not ever use taxpayer money for his/her own personal affairs?
Read the bedtime story Tom Delay and the missing Texas Democrats to know there is no such proof. And see misappropriation of the Homeland Security Department by Mr. Delay. Just glad the big bad terrorist did not pick that day to attack because our federal government was busy tracking do those evil democrats. ;) Uh, now I'm going to give myself nightmares. :D

Read the bedtime story Tom Delay and the missing Texas Democrats to know there is no such proof. And see misappropriation of the Homeland Security Department by Mr. Delay. Just glad the big bad terrorist did not pick that day to attack because our federal government was busy tracking do those evil democrats. ;) Uh, now I'm going to give myself nightmares. :D

Wasn't Tom Delay pretty much forced out of office by Senator John McCain?

Also, it's interesting to compare how the two Republican examples you gave were treated, yet Nancy Pelosi is apparently allowed to use Federal Money in an abusive manner and she isn't getting in trouble for it...

No, indictment and it had very little to do with my example and nothing to do with John McCain.

There may not have been an indictment, but Tom Delay holds a grudge concerning McCain, because McCain headed the investigation that forced Delay to resign.

So seriously where is the outrage, or I guess there is only outrage when a Republican misuses taxpayer money. :rolleyes:

There was no outrage for Delay until after the indictment before that he was considered the savior of the Republican Party in Texas. Before the indictment Republican's argued it was only a personal vendetta by the direct attorney.

Well the thing on the indictment, the argument was that since the law was passed after the alleged incident, the indictment was invalid.

However, Delay was investigated by none other than John McCain whom is a Republican. You don't see anything going on with Pelosi getting in trouble do you?

Heard you the first time on McCain, but Former Travis County District Attorney Ronnie Earle is the reason Delay was forced to set down. When he was investigating the case the Republican Party was trying to portray Mr. Earle as conducting a witch hunt. There would not have been a Congressional investigation without Mr. Earle and Tom Delay would most likely still be considered along with the likes of Earl Campbell and Sam Houston a Texas legend.

I have the same problem with Speaker Pelosi that I have with every other member of Congress, both Democrat and Republican for the last 25 years.

Heard you the first time on McCain, but Former Travis County District Attorney Ronnie Earle is the reason Delay was forced to set down. When he was investigating the case the Republican Party was trying to portray Mr. Earle as conducting a witch hunt. There would not have been a Congressional investigation without Mr. Earle and Tom Delay would most likely still be considered along with the likes of Earl Campbell and Sam Houston a Texas legend.

Thanks for letting me know you saw it. Anyways, it's one of the reasons why I was for John McCain, because he could have taken the easy path and joined the other Republicans. Instead he acted on principle and I respect that.

I have the same problem with Speaker Pelosi that I have with every other member of Congress, both Democrat and Republican for the last 25 years.

I wouldn't say all of them, but I have a problem with a fair number of them. Anyways, what has me angry is that I actually expected something like this to happen. (I would have much rather been wrong on this)

The easy path was to wait until after the indictment before starting your investigation.

The difficult path was to investigate Delay when he was still so powerful.

District Attorney Ronnie Earle’s took the difficult path.

I would consider the investigation after the indictment the easier path. So McCain and Congress, IMO took the easy road.

Since I did not explain my problem with Pelosi, how can you contrive from that statement it is not all of them? My major issue with Congress is the lack of bipartisanship and I believe they are all guilty of that.

My major issue is the tax and spend mentality of the Democrats when they ran on something else.
I don't think you understand: Every politician is using taxpayer money for their own personal affairs. If you're willing to blame Democrats for shelling out money on their own lifestyles and pet projects, then you can blame Republicans for accepting money from tobacco and oil lobbyists.

I don't think you understand: Every politician is using taxpayer money for their own personal affairs. If you're willing to blame Democrats for shelling out money on their own lifestyles and pet projects, then you can blame Republicans for accepting money from tobacco and oil lobbyists.

It isn't all Republicans, and when it comes to the Republicans key difference is it's the lobbyists money and the tobacco companies (which I don't think it's right for them to do this either) and not taxpayer money.

Tax and spend = Democrats

Spend and Borrow = Republicans

Like the Republican approach until I realized who we were borrowing from and who was going to have to pay the bill.

I'd prefer the fiscally responsible Republicans that spend responsibly and balance the budget and cut taxes.

It what world are you talking about? What kind of deficit was ran up over the first 6 years of the Republican rule both in Congress and the White House.

Look at the Deficit under Reagan and Bush (sr). The only time I’ve seen the Republican practice financial responsibility is when a Democrat had veto power over them.

If that is what is considered Finance responsibility, I’d hate to see the opposite.

Tax and spend = Democrats

Spend and Borrow = Republicans

Like the Republican approach until I realized who we were borrowing from and who was going to have to pay the bill.

I'd prefer the fiscally responsible Republicans that spend responsibly and balance the budget and cut taxes.

As would I prefer--and as would the rest of us. I think most of us here would agree with the assertion of preferring responsibility form leaders. A kind of responsibility which should have been the norm...however that was conveniently forgotten about "in the interests of business" and to "promote growth to the economy".

It's a great principle, fiscal responsibility. In fact the ignoring it is my frustrations with the republican party. It does not look good when a supposedly conservative party decides to abandon their conservative principles.

The dems picked up on that and I believe such was key to their persuasion and victory in the recent election. Even if the dems really are just going to go on just as much of a spending spree.

Yes it is the free market, but with that freedom comes responsibility. I'm sorry I have to beat a dead horse. The ugly truth regardless: The 'peasants' are left footing the bill for a lack thereof every time.

It what world are you talking about? What kind of deficit was ran up over the first 6 years of the Republican rule both in Congress and the White House.
A time long, long ago when republicans' "conservativism" extended out to an actual conservationist mentality--re above what I was saying about responsibility. Apparently passe nowadays. Sadly.

Archived