Home

Octuplet Mother STILL in the News?!

Darth_Yuthura

Okay, I'm pretty sick of the Octuplet mother... correction: VERY frustrated that she keeps showing up in the news. Just recently, CNN reports that she bought a new home worth over $500 thousand.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/03/12/octuplet.house/index.html

First, why is she still in the news? Second, how could she POSSIBLY afford all this? She makes claims that she doesn't want to be a drag on taxpayers, yet she has gotten even deeper in debt and can't possibly have any source of funds. She claims she had offers, but nothing had been finalized.

Are there any people who think she has a chance in taking care of these children that won't involve her ending up destitute?

Okay, I'm pretty sick of the Octuplet mother... correction: VERY frustrated that she keeps showing up in the news. Just recently, CNN reports that she bought a new home worth over $500 thousand.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/03/12/octuplet.house/index.html

First, why is she still in the news? Second, how could she POSSIBLY afford all this? She makes claims that she doesn't want to be a drag on taxpayers, yet she has gotten even deeper in debt and can't possibly have any source of funds. She claims she had offers, but nothing had been finalized.

Are there any people who think she has a chance in taking care of these children that won't involve her ending up destitute?

She made $2.5 million from the first media interview, so she was able to afford the payment for a home. Octomom is paying for her bills from the popularity of having 14 children. Negative and possitive news about her is profitable. She must have at least $4 or $5 million or more. Taxpayers won't have to pay a dime if she keeps staying in the spotlight.

I think this kind of topic is better suited in Kavar's.

Okay, I'm pretty sick of the Octuplet mother... correction: VERY frustrated that she keeps showing up in the news.

Honest question- if you're so frustrated and sick of it, why bring it up?

Not trying to sound rude, but it's strange.

Okay... I seem to gravitate to the wrong location for this kind of thing. Sorry about making the same mistake twice... actually 3X (1X the mistake, 2X the same mistake, 3X the same mistake twice.)

Anyway, I wasn't aware she received so much from the media as $2.5 million. Any sources that could show how she got that? And even if she did have that much, it won't last very long with 14 children and many other expenses.

And I also bring this up because reading what others think is much more enjoyable than having her stuck to the front page ever so often.

I moved it because it generated so much heat last time that I felt it belonged in the serious section as a result. No worries. :) --Jae

Okay... I seem to gravitate to the wrong location for this kind of thing. Sorry about making the same mistake twice... actually 3X (1X the mistake, 2X the same mistake, 3X the same mistake twice.)

Anyway, I wasn't aware she received so much from the media as $2.5 million. Any sources that could show how she got that? And even if she did have that much, it won't last very long with 14 children and many other expenses.

And I also bring this up because reading what others think is much more enjoyable than having her stuck to the front page ever so often.

I heard it on the news, so I don't have a exact article. Maybe I can find something online.

I've heard the reports that she received two million dollars for an interview, but those reports have been denied too.

Along the lines of that subject I would this college paper article intresting.

"Paying to play is suspect " USC paper the Daily Trojan.

I believe this will be something very difficult to prove or disprove as it would hurt the media outlets credibility to pay for a news story.

I think the real question is where she was getting her money for the treatments in the first place. The treatment were not cheap.

Time Article - “The Octuplets Mom Speaks, and the Questions Grow

Well I've quite frankly been agitated that IF this woman were just crazy, she needs to be declared insane and arrested. If she had a huge nest egg, then that might explain how she got the treatments in the first place. Problem is that all the money she might have would have come AFTER this whole thing happened.

Problem with that idea is that she's on welfare. If she's on welfare, then how could she possibly have enough to buy a new home? If she could, then she wouldn't qualify for welfare. One way or another, she has gone behind the backs of the American taxpayer, or she has thrown a wrench in the system that will make a lot of problems when she has to declare bankruptcy.

One way or another, this woman has to have committed criminal acts. 14 children isn't criminal, but supporting them on funds that either don't exist or she stole from American taxpayers would be.

To be honest, it's more a symptom of a larger problem. Fluff media. I'd blame the media outlets, but they wouldn't show it if people weren't drawn to it like moths to a flame. People want to watch this junk. For the life of me I can't believe people like to watch it, but they do. So the fluff media plays it, and the toddler killin mom, and the missin this or that. Meanwhile real news is featured in the crawl on the bottom of the screen.

Wow... my sig is very appropriate for this topic.

IMHO the woman is simply a leech. She is leeching on to the spotlight as much as possible because as has already been said the longer she is in the spotlight the better chance she stands of profiting from this.

I also agree with Tommycat that the media is all too happy to give her the spotlights that she wants. I can't even watch the so called "national news media" anymore because of their sensationalized and biased reporting but that is a topic for another thread.

I personally fall into the camp that she shouldn't be able to keep some if any of the children. I don't know what type of mother she is, but clearly she can't support fourteen children.

• 2 weeks later...

When there are people wanting to hear about it, then you know the state you live in needs to rethink their values. I've had no interest in this 'octomom' frenzy from the moment I heard that she deliberately had them via unnatural means. The more I hear of her, the less I want to know how there are people as dysfunctional as her in existence.

I don't want to wish any misfortune for her or her children, but she has simply gone too far. I would go so far as to say that she needs to be declared insane and confined to a mental institution. Although she likely isn't, she should be treated as such. It's going to end badly and the best thing would be to diffuse the situation before it gets even worse. After her children are put up for adoption, there would be no cameras everywhere and she would not get the attention she wants anymore.

Archived