Home

America Held Hostage?

kipperthefrog

Ever wonder if the wealthy have a stranglehold on the government? Think about it. why wont our leaders do what is obviously right for the economy or environment or make jobs or alternative fuel?

Perhaps the wealthy and the oil people want things to be the way they are. They want to make oil the main source of energy. They want the rich to get ricer and the poor poorer. Maybe they don't care what happens to earth generations from now because they want to cash in now and they won't be around then.

I imagined becoming president promising to "cut our dependence on oil" and "create jobs and decent wages for workers." One day a threat came by phone from an oil company person. They don't want these things because they are benefiting from oil and exploiting the poor. They said they would snuff me like Kennedy if I didn't do what the rich wanted. They also said they had people on the inside etc. But this is a hypothetical scenario of "what if i became president and discovered the real reason for government corruption."

You think its possible that they have our leaders under their leash?

I would say the country is being held hostage by government not the wealthy people.
Considering that almost every politician in Congress is most likely receiving "campaign contributions" by at least one megacorporate entity, I find that idea to be laughable.

I would say that the country has been holding itself hostage. We elect these people, and have the ability to kick them out.

If we don't, it falls on the shoulders of the people the hold what they've picked up.

Because, after all, we are the government.

Considering that almost every politician in Congress is most likely receiving "campaign contributions" by at least one megacorporate entity, I find that idea to be laughable.

The Democrats get their money from primarily from Unions, Trial Lawyers, Hollywoodand George Soros. The idea that rich business people are controling everything is laughable.

Fact is tax increases and targetting the rich will cause small businesses to simply shut down because they can't afford to stay in business.

yea. if a president or politician does not take a bribe and decides he wants it done right, wont they resort to threats next?

You think its possible that they have our leaders under their leash?

No, but only because I don't think there's much of a distinction between the wealthy and the elected members of the government.

Most of those serving for the US of A in an office have more than enough money. Thus, they're not really doing wrong by the country for the wealthy, but doing wrong by the country for themselves.

_EW_

No, but only because I don't think there's much of a distinction between the wealthy and the elected members of the government.

A strong candidate for quote of the year, here.

Most of those serving for the US of A in an office have more than enough money. Thus, they're not really doing wrong by the country for the wealthy, but doing wrong by the country for themselves.

Exactly. That's been going on for quite some time on both sides of the aisle, which is why I don't trust either party at all.

Archived