Home

Strange Pop-Up Ad?

:argh: Read the top if this thread, and start working your way down. He is try to grab your Twitter screen names and passwords. Why?

You could take a little responsiblity yourself and make it clear that you meant twitter screen names and not LF screen names. I can't read your mind to know what you're really meaning when you don't specify.

Twitter uses a secure login page, so I have no idea how anyone could steal your password or even your screen name from the Lucasforums site.

Mat-- is the one who tried to pull off a phishing scheme to steal your screen names and passwords. I'm calling it as I see it. I wonder what hes going to do with that information. Who says I should trust him. He is the one exploiting people, and allowing them to use double standards - thus, alienating groups of individuals. He is the one who is stealing private information. Not me.

I have nothing to loose from this, nor do I have anything to gain. He does.

He is a complete stranger to me. Why should I trust him?

Perhaps because I was trying to link one particular user to one particular twitter account based on motive and a penchant for irrational behavior? The api call I used would have just confirm that a certain LF member owned a certain twitter that was using our Lucasforums brand with a reasonable belief of mal-intent. Even though the api call failed (and gave you a pop-up), your own panic outed you.

By the way, if any one comes across http://twitter.com/Lucasforums, it is Yar-El's platform for fraud, and I will follow up with twitter support to get the account suspended. Depending on what is posted there, I leave open the possibility of contacting further authorities.

Yar-El, so long, and thanks for all the lols.

I'd let matt-- access my account any day.

Concur.

Mat-- is the one who tried to pull off a phishing scheme to steal your screen names and passwords. I'm calling it as I see it.

I think you may need glasses, then ;)

By the way, if any one comes across http://twitter.com/Lucasforums, it is Yar-El's platform for fraud, and I will follow up with twitter support to get the account suspended. Depending on what is posted there, I leave open the possibility of contacting further authorities.

Yar-El, so long, and thanks for all the lols.

Wait, so what was he doing with this? Trying to get people's LF passwords? Can someone with twitter access let us know what was happening?

Good riddance, and nice catch, matt--.

_EW_

Wait, so what was he doing with this? Trying to get people's LF passwords? Can someone with twitter access let us know what was happening?

He wasn't trying to steal passwords that I know of...he just wants people to buy into his lies. He's already got a tweet up there about us closing.

At least he's a horrible liar.

So what kind of scam was she pulling?

There is no scam yet. The twitter was public until I started following it, then he blocked me and set it to protected until he knew that I knew. He may have thought that his having it would protect him, betting that he wouldn't do anything if we knew he had something we might want.

So far the only thing fraudulent posted there is that we are closing the community, which is retracted in the next tweet.

So what kind of scam was she pulling?

Hopefully a brief and entirely ineffective one.

Yar-El/Source, I am ashamed of you for doing this. You have told blatant lies about the entire organization and possibly tried to steal God only knows what information to try to get back at the few people you didn't like. An entirely new forum was created just to accommodate the complaints that you and your friends had, and we tried to work those out in good faith. I'm hurt that you betrayed Lucasforums, and I'm hurt that you have betrayed me with this dishonesty. I never want to speak to you again, either by email or by some contact with a sockpuppet account which I suspect you may try to make. I promise to the community that I will be vigilant in watching for any alternate accounts you might make so that no one else is hurt by you.

Archived