Home

Watchmen

Fredi

Copypasta:

I loved watching the scenes in movie form, and I especially loved the montage they had the beginning, there couldn't be a better opener to the movie than that. Also loved Simon & Garfunkel at the Comedian's funeral, that brought a tear to me eye.

Otherwise though, I think the movie drops pace at around the start of the second half. It gets so entangled in the backstories and histories that it becomes a jumbled mess of strong characters with nothing to do. The story itself picks up in the first third of the movie, then goes off on a hiatus in the middle and returns somewhat in the final third.

Loved every scene with Rorschach and the Comedian, those were wonderful. Manhattan was interesting at the start, but got weary to watch later, and not because of the dong. I was disappointed with Ozymandias, but Silk Spectre and Nite Owl were good. Overall, nothing particularly ground-breaking or Oscar-winning in the movie, but it was kinda fun.

Also liked the ending, it's kinda odd and throws up some more questions but it's okay. The comic ending would have been too unrealistic on screen. Overall, it was a good movie, but it ends up with a V for Vendetta dilemma: good movie in its own kinda way, but nowhere near the comic. I guess I understand why Alan Moore hates it. Also lol'd when his name didn't figure in the credits.

I liked it a whole lot more than I thought I would when I first saw the trailer, considering I had never heard of the Watchmen. I loved the ending, and the guy who played Rorschach (and really the character overall) was incredible. Not quite the level of Heath Ledger, but he was pretty damn good.

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with me!"

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with me!"

****in' great quote.

I've seen it twice. I thought it was great. Though, having not read the actual comic book previously may have effected it (I intend to read it though).

Felt very "300"-esque. Seeing as it was made by the same director. I, too, thought every scene with The Comedian and Rorschach were well done. I also though Malin Akerman was quite stunning in the movie. :p

I also thought it was great. I finished reading the novel a few minutes before the movie started. :p Thought it helped add to the enjoyment, I kind of felt if you hadn't read it then maybe it might seem to start out slow, but glad some of you who haven't read it still enjoyed it a lot. And I agree, the guy who played Rorschach was perfect for the role.

I think Rorschach is by far the greatest super hero. Ever. Also, I think the movie was deliciously violent. hehe

Manhattan's ever present sausage got a little tiring after like the 3rd or 4th time it swung into view. I kept listening for the guys in the audience to make sounds of being nervous... though I did hear a cough at one time. lol

I liked Silouette too.

The movie 1985 playing in one of the smartest man's tv screens was a nice touch.

I'm waiting on the DVD release. A few days ago, I went to the bookstore and saw the comic so I picked it up. It seems interesting and I want to read it before I see the movie. Finding time is the problem. heh

Right now, I'm reading the Sword of Truth novels. So far I'm on book 4 of 12, so it will be sometime yet until I'll read Watchmen. I did read the first chapter, though, but the rest will wait until I have the time.

All I seem to hear is that there is full frontal male nudity in it... no wonder it's called watch men

In that case, shouldn't it be called Lookawaymen?

Archived