Home

Boston Tea Parties springing up all over country Mainstream Media ignores

GarfieldJL

Your argument doesn't hold. Recognizing someone's negative traits doesn't make one biased.

Of course, the whole "if you don't think like me, then you're a pinko commie liberal" thing is an argument that many of us are all too familiar with.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Your argument doesn't hold. Recognizing someone's negative traits doesn't make one biased.

Of course, the whole "if you don't think like me, then you're a pinko commie liberal" thing is an argument that many of us are all too familiar with.

So is the calling people racists for criticizing Barack Obama.

Resorting to flailing your arms around isn't going to help your argument either.

:roleyess:

Getting back to topic it looks like the Obama administration is trying to keep Banks from paying back the Bailout money and is also trying to get the Federal Government Stocks in those banks.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/04/20/report-banks-repaying-bailout-funds-face-national-test/

That wasn't the topic at all.

This is the 2nd attempt to change the subject.

The thread is "teabag parties". The topic was "recognizing bias". Please try to keep up or I will start reporting posts.

I am on topic, ever consider that people may be angry with the government messing with their wallets and that's why they are protesting?

Limbaugh is a racist, bigoted, idiot and a blowhard. And a documented liar. And a drug addict.

Could you give sources about these instead of just giving Garfield wood to burn?

I'd prefer he be proved wrong instead of allowing him to turn another thread into a useless pile of words.

I am on topic, ever consider that people may be angry with the government messing with their wallets and that's why they are protesting?

This crisis started with people not being able to control their spending and keep their hand out of their own wallet. They reached in and grabbed money they didn't have, and the banks were stupid enough to give it to them.

They can protest, but they should be protesting themselves instead of the government quite frankly. This happened because of the stupidity of the people in my opinion.

Im sure ignorant people will protest aginst Obama becuase he's black, not republican, not conservitive, and not going along with the religious agenda as far as stem cell research, abortion, gay marrage. I'll bet this has nothing to do with the new tax system.

I heard he is raising taxes for the rich, and the rich people, and republicans are angr becuase they are no longer in power, do they have put out theese little organizations and people blindly follow like sheep. They go along with the whole "boston tea party" theme as if it had any relevance.

Obama has only been in office for a few months, the bad economy was handed to Obama from Bu$h, and now people are acting like the county's bad shape was his fualt.

Could you give sources about these instead of just giving Garfield wood to burn?

I'd prefer he be proved wrong instead of allowing him to turn another thread into a useless pile of words.

Problem is he can't find a source that I can't easily debunk, and we're also assuming that I think Skin has any credibility left at this point.

This crisis started with people not being able to control their spending and keep their hand out of their own wallet. They reached in and grabbed money they didn't have, and the banks were stupid enough to give it to them.

That's only partially true, the Federal Government forced banks to make the risky loans, I've pointed that out on several occasions.

They can protest, but they should be protesting themselves instead of the government quite frankly. This happened because of the stupidity of the people in my opinion.

And I can tell some of them that I told them so for four years.

Im sure ignorant people will protest aginst Obama becuase he's black, not republican, not conservitive, and not going along with the religious agenda as far as stem cell research, abortion, gay marrage. I'll bet this has nothing to do with the new tax system.

Actually it does have to do with the tax system, and thanks for further demonstrating the hypocracy of the liberal left.

I heard he is raising taxes for the rich, and the rich people, and republicans are angr becuase they are no longer in power, do they have put out theese little organizations and people blindly follow like sheep. They go along with the whole "boston tea party" theme as if it had any relevance.

Try reading:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123854083982575457.html

Also look at:

http://chartingtheeconomy.com/?p=378

Obama has only been in office for a few months, the bad economy was handed to Obama from Bu$h, and now people are acting like the county's bad shape was his fualt.

Explains why Obama is trying to keep banks from returning the bailout money that they don't want. Seriously, Bush warned about this possibly happening in 2003. McCain warned about this in 2005, 2006, 2007. And the Democrats stonewalled the each and every time.

You can't blame Bush for this mess aside from the first bailout (which was stupid).

That's only partially true, the Federal Government forced banks to make the risky loans, I've pointed that out on several occasions.
Then with your vast expertise in the financial market explain to me how the Federal Government forced bank loans did not seem to affect Wells Fargo.

Just because you have pointed this out several times does not make it any more true this time as it was then. Yes, a small part of the problem was the federal government making banks loan money to lower income individuals, but it is only a small percentage of the problem. Banks were loaning higher risk loans at lower and variable interest rates in order to be able to sell those mortgagees as financial products to investors. Deregulation and greed is the major contributing factor to the bank crisis and not a few lower income individuals. That is not going to change no matter how many times you point it out otherwise. Again, may I suggest you look at the data itself instead of trusting blogs or talking heads.

The Feds were more of a problem than you are letting on, look up Freddie Mac sometime, the loans were supposedly guarenteed by the Federal Government.

Another problem for Obama is that economic experts are pointing out that his spending spree isn't sustainable.

And mimartin, I have looked at the data thank you kindly.

Here is an article of interest:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123958260423012269.html

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2009/04/19/chicago-tea-partiers-roesgen-cnn-go-home-cnn-go-home

You may want to watch the video in the article above.

Limbaugh is a racist,

As a young broadcaster in the 1970s, Limbaugh once told a black caller: "Take that bone out of your nose and call me back." A decade ago, after becoming nationally syndicated, he mused on the air: "Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?"

In 1992, on his now-defunct TV show, Limbaugh expressed his ire when Spike Lee urged that black schoolchildren get off from school to see his film Malcolm X: "Spike, if you're going to do that, let's complete the education experience. You should tell them that they should loot the theater, and then blow it up on their way out."

In a similar vein, here is Limbaugh's mocking take on the NAACP, a group with a 90-year commitment to nonviolence: "The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get a liquor store and practice robberies."

When Carol Moseley-Braun (D-IL) was in the U.S. Senate, the first black woman ever elected to that body, Limbaugh would play the "Movin' On Up" theme song from TV's Jeffersons when he mentioned her. Limbaugh sometimes still uses mock dialect -- substituting "ax" for "ask"-- when discussing black leaders.

[...]

Once, in response to a caller arguing that black people need to be heard, Limbaugh responded: "They are 12 percent of the population. Who the hell cares?" That's not an unusual response for a talk radio host playing to an audience of "angry white males." It may not play so well among National Football League players, 70 percent of whom are African American.

Source

SkinWalker is currently 1 for 1.

bigoted,

LIMBAUGH: All right, well, I'm watching this during the break -- the Senate hearings. I'm just watching Sen. "Dick Turban," ah, Dick Turban is doing his -- from Illinois -- he of Club G'itmo fame. Ha! I wish Roberts would have shown up in the Club G'itmo T-shirt today. Maybe, maybe a Club G'itmo java coffee cup, just for Dick Turban. Ah, but anyway, Dick Turban is up there saying, "Ah, you're going to judged here, Judge. You're going to be judged on one question, just one question. You going to expand the personal freedoms of the Americans, or are you going to restrict them? You going to expand personal freedom, or you going to restrict personal freedom?"

Source

Two for two.

idiot

"He is exaggerating the effects of the disease," Limbaugh told listeners. "He's moving all around and shaking and it's purely an act. . . . This is really shameless of Michael J. Fox. Either he didn't take his medication or he's acting."

Source

and a blowhard.

As if you needed any other proof. :rolleyes:

Four for four.

And a documented liar.

Yup.

Achilles already covered the drug addict part. Skin's batting 1.000 on what Rush Limbaugh is. It really isn't hard to see, unless you're being blinded by conservative rhetoric and bias. Oh wait, we're talking about Garfy here, that explains everything. :xp:

Garfield, never mind I give up. You obliviously do not understand the concept of looking at the data yourself and making your own decision. You could look up that subprime loans were only 2% of the mortgages issued in 2000 were subprime compared to 28 percent in 2006. You could also see the data were banks designed hybrid loans such as interest-only loans, no-down-payment loans and adjustable rate loans that from 1999 to 2006 went from 53% of the subprime loans issued to 93%. I would continue, but Hannity, Rush or O'Reilly have already made up your mind for you. So no, you have not looked at the data.

Garfield, never mind I give up. You obliviously do not understand the concept of looking at the data yourself and making your own decision. You could look up that banks were only 2% of the mortgages issued in 2000 were subprime compared to 28 percent in 2006. You could also see the data were banks designed hybrid loans such as interest-only loans, no-down-payment loans and adjustable rate loans that from 1999 to 2006 went from 53% of the subprime loans issued to 93%. I would continue, but Hannity, Rush or O'Reilly have already made up your mind for you. So no, you have not looked at the data.

With your own statements about the sub-prime mortgages, you debunked your own argument.

@ Rogue Nine

Your first source isn't exactly that credible.

You second source about Michael J. Fox shows that Rush doesn't know much about Parkinsons (nevermind the fact that Mr. Fox was unusually young to get the condition).

Your third source about him being a drug user he got addicted to the painkiller after surgery, and does that excuse it not really. I've never said the man was a saint.

As for your comments about him being a blowhard, he's an entertainer, not a reporter, if he was as bad as you claim (which I sincerely doubt), he wouldn't be the most listened to Radio Personality in the country.

In summary as usual you use sources which you know aren't credible to try to trash Conservatives.

Your first source isn't exactly that credible.

Which one?

You second source about Michael J. Fox shows that Rush doesn't know much about Parkinsons (nevermind the fact that Mr. Fox was unusually young to get the condition).

It shows that Limbaugh is an idiot because even though he knows precious little about Parkinson's, he calls Michael J. Fox 'shameless' for 'exaggerating his condition'. That's not only idiotic, but it's downright offensive and completely uncalled for.

Your third source about him being a drug user he got addicted to the painkiller after surgery, and does that excuse it not really. I've never said the man was a saint.

I didn't say anything about his drug addiction. Achilles did. Your reading comprehension skills aren't all that good, are they?

As for your comments about him being a blowhard, he's an entertainer,

An entertainer who makes a living off of making controversial statements about society and politics. Given what he says here, he definitely fits the definition of 'blowhard'.

In summary as usual you use sources which you know aren't credible to try to trash Conservatives.

I know it's hard for you, but please try to read things fully before posting your garbage.

Seems to me the banks NEVER would have made those loans in the first place b/c of the likely prospect that most of them would have gone belly up. While I understand there are people buying into the whole anti-Wall Street vibe being pushed out by the govt, lets not forget that it was the govt that was the architect of this disaster in the first place. I wonder how many of the people here that wish to crucify the bankers looked the other way when it was apparent that Fannie and Freddie drove themselves into the ditch and it turned out they'd cooked their books to justify big bonuses for all the major players at those institutions (Rains, Johnson, etc...), while their tools (or masters, depending on how you want to view it) ran interference on the Hill. Any of you protest the recent big bonuses at those institutions that ran >200 million? Lastly, the banks aren't being exonerated here either. They played with derivative-like instuments in a means to extract profit from this mess dumped in their lap and got burned. As I recall, derivatives have had a history of doing that. So, there's plenty of blame to go around to both sides.

With your own statements about the sub-prime mortgages, you debunked your own argument.
GarfieldJL you’ve proven you know nothing about the problem with this statement. I suggest you read further into the definition of subprime interest loans and don’t just jump to the conclusion that they are only used for low income and minority borrowers. You have just proven beyond all doubt that you do not have any understanding of finance.

S“A type of loan that is offered at a rate above prime to individuals who do not qualify for prime rate loans. ...”

“A loan granted to a subprime borrower (an individual with less-than-perfect credit). The interest rate charged is higher than the prime rate obtainable by those with a good credit rating.”

“A loan with a relatively high interest rate, often issued to a higher-risk borrower.”

“A loan to a borrower with poor credit, income or assets that are hard to document, or other circumstances that would hinder loans from more ...”

“A loan that does not meet the credit underwriting guidelines of FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, VA or major-non conforming purchasers. Subprime loans allow borrowers to qualify with more severe mortgage delinquencies and higher debt ratios. Often referred to as "B/C Loans"

“A loan made to a borrower who does not qualify for the lowest market interest rates due to credit problems or other underwriting deficiencies. Because of the greater risk to the lender, the borrower is charged a higher rate and/or greater fees.”[/Quote]

Hope this helps as a start although to really understand it you have to delve deeper than merely the definition.

As I recall, derivatives have had a history of doing that. So, there's plenty of blame to go around to ALL sides.
fixed

Other than a small change Totenkopf does get it. :xp:

Which one?

Media Matters

@mimartin-- (slides into Moe mode)..Why I oughta..... Yeah, I did forget to include the part about members of the general public taking laons they knew they couldn't afford and lying on their loan applications. :xp:

The banks that prospered were the ones restricted their own selves to the banking industry and stayed out of the mortgages as financial instruments and insurance industries. The conservative banks prospered and those that were greedy would be suffering now if not for government intervention.

The banks that prospered were the ones restricted their own selves to the banking industry and stayed out of the mortgages as financial instruments and insurance industries. The conservative banks prospered and those that were greedy would be suffering now if not for government intervention.

And some of those banks that didn't need the bailout money and didn't want the bailout money were forced by the Obama administration to take it.

Archived