Home

Boston Tea Parties springing up all over country Mainstream Media ignores

GarfieldJL

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm all for Freedom of Speech but this is just appalling.

I agree.

What sort of impression do they think they're making by writing trash like that? Are they actually stupid enough believe that they're going to rally people to their cause by exhibiting that kind of behavior?

Interesting. Seeing as how any schmuck can put up a sign, and how unprofessional many on the political left are (Shuster, Garafalo, Madow, Cooper...), I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that those people were "legitimate" protestors. It's not like no one knew those events were being held on April 15th, eh....

So...maybe a little more than one percent of the total US population? Color me unimpressed.

1. it was a weekday. People with jobs have a tendancy to ya know go to work.

2. 500k out of 140 locations.

3. 1% of the total population in attendance is actually pretty significant. That's still better than the "Million Man March" initial estimates. AND some estimates place it as high as 1M(though I think that's rather wishful thinking).

I was there because I was sick of Congress spending like crazy(not just the current group, as Congress has been doing this for a long time). Even IF they are only taxing the "rich" the most, we still pay taxes. Shouldn't the taxpayers be able to legitimately complain about the fact that the over the top spending should stop. The pork projects that both sides add.

image4948705.jpg

Oh yes, CLEARLY this person is a mouthpiece for The Republican party. Oh wait, I guess since she's a Libertarian, that means she's a Conservative. But seeing as how that was San Francisco, it kinda had to be non-partisan. As I said, while billed as mostly conservative, it was not just a platform for Republicans. In fact several Republican politicians decided NOT to attend because they weren't given an opportunity to speak and turn it into a pure Republican event.

Of course this was all thrown together over Facebook and Myspace. See if it grows even more on July 4th. A Saturday.

Racism is not just a Republican thing. People forget all the racist remarks made against Condi, and even Powell. Heck didn't a very long running Democrat congressman(Byrd) happen to be a former GRAND WIZARD for the KKK?

Most of the signs I was were anti-pork. Sure some were anti-Obama. Mostly the "Keep the change" types of messages.

I did see one sign with Obama dressed as a pimp and "taxpayer" written on the other side. That was about as racist as I saw... there were a bunch of anti-Sherrif Joe signs there too(though less related to taxes haha). For the record.. he's a Republican.

My buddy(who's a Democrat) was thinking of going with me to it. We were both going to show up with signs that said "It's all the Democrats fault"(on mine) and "It's all the Republican's fault"(on his) as a statement of how it's both of their fault. He couldn't get a babysitter.

Oh, I know that racism is bi-partisan. Everyone's guilty of discrimination of some sort. I was just wondering if it really was as bad as it has been portrayed.

No. Not nearly. Everyone there had their own reasons for being there. I'm not gonna lie and pretend that there were no racists there. Just that the idiots with the racist signs get plastered all over the news far more than anything else. If you really look at the pictures, you also notice that for the one sign that's racial, there are more that say "No Pork" or something more about the economic struggle.

I'm sure I could go to any protest and find the dumbest signs and post them. It's a dishonest representation of why people were there. But then I guess it wouldn't make for good pictures to get 50 shots of people with "Cut Spending before you cut my pay" signs. It makes it out to be a bunch of looneis when you grab shots of the odd nutjob. If you notice the Hitler picture guy is in two shots above. Same guy, twice the pictures because his message is offensive.

Interesting. Seeing as how any schmuck can put up a sign, and how unprofessional many on the political left are (Shuster, Garafalo, Madow, Cooper...), I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that those people were "legitimate" protestors. It's not like no one knew those events were being held on April 15th, eh....

i think that's pushing it, both sides have their share of crazies but those signs said the same sort of freeper bull**** that's been said since the moment obama was elected

Yes. And we all know that the crazies on the left COMPLETELY respect free expression and would never do anything underhanded to try to undermine the other side, right? :rolleyes: Now, since I didn't say I knew all those people to be liberals, but floated the possibility that perhaps people on the left (like your "friends" at the Daily Kos, MoveOnDotOrg, ACORN..often referred to as "rent a mob".., the Huffington Post, Media Matters, MSNBC, etc..) were all looking at ways to attempt to discredit an anti big government rally (they protested republicans too, if you bothered to pay attention), I'm not sure why you're getting so hot under the collar.

Oh, I know that racism is bi-partisan. Everyone's guilty of discrimination of some sort. I was just wondering if it really was as bad as it has been portrayed.

Probably not on such a large scale as you'd be led to believe. In middle school, and high school, if you take any TV broadcasting classes, you are also encouraged to cover "controversial items" as much as you possibly can "to shed light on the issue".

Read between the lines and you'll see the real reason: $$$$$$$$$$ and attention. Possibly the mentality of the producer.

I'm not gonna lie and pretend that there were no racists there. Just that the idiots with the racist signs get plastered all over the news far more than anything else. If you really look at the pictures, you also notice that for the one sign that's racial, there are more that say "No Pork" or something more about the economic struggle.

Of course. Another thing, though I may not have a great relationship with cops, I do notice the majority of reports we ever see about police brutality: that it is, the majority of the time, white cop and non-white victim being reported on. Oh sure, other instances do get reported on, but if you look at the vast majority of them it is reports white beating non white, implying white racism. It also seems like even small instances dominates the news for at least a few days to a week.

"Oh that's because it is what is happening more than any others."

Uhh, maybe if you take it without a grain of salt. With a grain of salt: It's paid more attention to because it is controversy used for attraction. Truth is that it happens all the time and is perpetrated by all groups against other groups *every* day. One would be a fool to deny it happens.

I'm sure I could go to any protest and find the dumbest signs and post them. It's a dishonest representation of why people were there. But then I guess it wouldn't make for good pictures to get 50 shots of people with "Cut Spending before you cut my pay" signs. It makes it out to be a bunch of looneis when you grab shots of the odd nutjob. If you notice the Hitler picture guy is in two shots above. Same guy, twice the pictures because his message is offensive.

QFE

I think the media itself and its actions, not just the news it presents, ought to be paid more attention to.

Actually the protesters weren't racist, the not wanting higher taxes isn't racist, people are just pissed that the Democrats lied (which is usual), we have a typical Chicago crook for a President. And the tea parties were just the beginning, nearly forgot that it has proven that the mainstream media is completely dishonest.

Actually the protesters weren't racist, the not wanting higher taxes isn't racist,
Having signs saying "Barrack Hussein Osama" is racist: end of story. The fact that you are trying to downplay a racial stereotype is just as bad.
people are just pissed that the Democrats lied (which is usual), we have a typical Chicago crook for a President.
Thanks for showing that you know absolutely nothing about Chicago and its current politics
And the tea parties were just the beginning, nearly forgot that it has proven that the mainstream media is completely dishonest.
You're right about that; they haven't covered the KKK rallies yet.

C'mon, Pastrami, you're drinking the Kool-aid (ok, couldn't resist given that it's your avatar :D). First, it isn't racist to invoke Hussein, merely insulting (regardless of the insult's merit or lack thereof). That's merely liberal pc thinking you're exhibiting. Secondly, given that most of the people there weren't carrying signs like that, the charge that the protests were racist in nature is a broad brushed smear of people on both sides (as well as a few others) of the political spectrum. Were there "kooks" at the rallies? I'd say yes (always bound to be in any large gathering of people). With whom were they affiliated? That's a whole different ballgame, which like the question of God's existence, will remain a mystery. However, given your final smear, essentially equating the protestors to the KKK makes me wonder if you aren't actually Janine Garafalo. :xp:

I can't get over the irony on how these "teabag" parties were protesting a 3% tax increase to what... like 5% of the population, where as the other 95% gets tax cuts? It amazes me how the republican party continually gets people to blindly follow things like this.

That statistic has been proven to be about as truthful as the 90% of the guns in Mexico come the United States. In other words, it is just some lie the Obama Administration and the mainstream media threw out there.

Originally Posted by Kyp Dooran

I can't get over the irony on how these "teabag" parties were protesting a 3% tax increase to what... like 5% of the population, where as the other 95% gets tax cuts? It amazes me how the republican party continually gets people to blindly follow things like this.

The point being protested is that BO intends to 2x down on the deficit, doing twice the damage that Bush did in his 8 years, in the hope that he can turn around the economy. It's not, like the CNN reporter in Chicago charachterized, a protest by people that don't seem to realize that they'ere getting a little money too. Many people believe that BO's plans are shortsighted at best and most likely irresponsibly foolhardy. You may not agree with their pov, but it's obvious you don't seem to understand it.

Actually, how so? They are comparing BO to a known enemy of the US. Osama rhymes with Obama. Osama is a muslim, Islam is factor in BO's upbringing. It's clever, if biting. You might as well also say it's racist to characterize BO as the first "african-american" president b/c such a phrase accentuates his racial background. Aren't we supposed to see beyond that in our modern "colorblind" society?

Its racist. Its bigoted. And it un-patriotic. Indeed, I noticed that in none of the photos I've seen of these so-called "tea parties" are there any people of color. Interesting.

Why don't you look at who took the pictures, before you make the accusations?

In fact, calling me and others like me to be racist is more than a little out of line, putting it mildly.

You know I think I should just also point out that it seems whenever liberals can't win an argument they play the race card.

Archived