Home

Peliosaur

Salzella

...its teeth were how big?

Fixed. And I don't understand how this is shocking. Yes, it's a big dinosaur, but we already know that there were pretty large animals back then, of all kinds. It's not really surprising, or all that interesting, anymore. At least to me.

Fixed. And I don't understand how this is shocking. Yes, it's a big dinosaur, but we already know that there were pretty large animals back then, of all kinds. It's not really surprising, or all that interesting, anymore. At least to me.

Q.F.T.

800px-Largesttheropods.svg.png

Spinosaur is 17 metres long. In comparisson, much more incredible since it's a land animal and sea animals are capable of much bigger sizes like wales....

Anyway, Velociraptors rule.

The beast had a bite four times as powerful as a T-Rex. Isn't that awesome? Meh, perhaps only to me, then. I was completely into Dinosaurs when I was younger.

I thought the devils number was 666? By my calculations, you are 49 posts short.

I believe it's supposed to be 616, but it was originally misread as 666, but 666 took off more.

As to the peliosaur, it's fascinating. I've always been fascinated by sea monsters, ocean life and theories regarding prehistoric sealife surviving (for more on supposed 'evidence', see the Zuiyo Maru - which is still ongoing.).

I thought the devils number was 666? By my calculations, you are 49 posts short.

Astor Kaine and QI say 616, so it must be true. and i posted again since, and this one come to think of it, so at the time my claim was valid. it's not any more, but thats by the by.

PS. for the cynics, and adavardes, even at 18 i am a dino geek, and easily impressed by big gnashers. makes me think of the scottish wizard from Monty Python's Holy Grail. "big sharp pointy teeth!" *mimes teeth*

PS. for the cynics, and adavardes, even at 18 i am a dino geek, and easily impressed by big gnashers. makes me think of the scottish wizard from Monty Python's Holy Grail. "big sharp pointy teeth!" *mimes teeth*

I just don't get it. They were big, yes, awesome, amazing, another creature to add to our ever-growing knowledge of ancient organisms long since dead, which I do believe is important. But that's it, they're long since dead, it's not like we're gonna see those "big gnashers" in action.

What? Is it behind the bunny?

@Militades: Hey, I still like dinosaurs. I thought Jurassic Park was the best book EVER.

It is always interesting to hear of a new species from that era being discovered, to me. I was also fascinated by the dinosaurs when I was younger - I always remember being quite terrified when reading about such huge beasts! It was the fault of the diagrams showing the little man beside a whopping great reptile...

Anyway, the story of how the remains were discovered was good, too - spotted just as a team prepared to leave an excavation in 2007. To think that it was so close to being missed.

Also, the story of the miniature 'scrawny chicken' Hesperonychus was intriguing, mainly due to the fossils remaining unexamined for twenty five years. The article is correct, I believe, in saying that we (meaning laymen in particular) do tend to overlook the smaller beasties when considering the dinosaurs.

I just don't get it. They were big, yes, awesome, amazing, another creature to add to our ever-growing knowledge of ancient organisms long since dead, which I do believe is important. But that's it, they're long since dead, it's not like we're gonna see those "big gnashers" in action.

if it makes you feel any better (or, in all likelihood, worse), you could always imagine them closing around your head, and popping it like grape. plus, they're dinos, ergo, they are cool. irrefutable fact.

What? Is it behind the bunny?

;)

if it makes you feel any better (or, in all likelihood, worse), you could always imagine them closing around your head, and popping it like grape. plus, they're dinos, ergo, they are cool. irrefutable fact.

...But they're dead. Irrefutable fact.

because something is dead it makes it uncool

If by uncool you mean uninteresting and another bit of historical information involved with creatures that make it rather unremarkable in their similarities, yes, being dead does make it uncool.

Does -anything- make you happy?

Sure, but long dead reptiles don't.

Things that are dead but still awesome:

The Spartans at Thermopylae

Eh, war of any kind, however impressive the victories or defeats, never twiddled my happy stick like it does for some people. And 300 was a beautiful peice of art, but a crappy peice of cinema.

Sir Alec Guiness

Given.

Yoda

Fictional character, technically can't die, just died in the progression of the character.

Lynyrd Skynyrd

*snort*

Dinosaurs

They lose the novelty after a few books on them for me. But, again, that's just me.

If by uncool you mean uninteresting and another bit of historical information involved with creatures that make it rather unremarkable in their similarities, yes, being dead does make it uncool.

Let's see....discovering this new species could have an impact on our entire understanding of biological development and evolution, ichthyology, paleontology, and herpetology. That's not exciting enough, apparently.

war never twiddled my happy stick

*Jae pulls out electron microscope to search for twiddled happy stick*

Nope, still too small too see, might not even be there.

;P

Archived