Home

Hypothetical TFU 2 Plot [Spoilers]

Shem

So what was Kota using when he called to Sidious' lightsaber on the Death Star? :rolleyes:

Oh, and what was Kota using when he was deflecting blaster bolts since he's blind? ;)

Can't everybody do that? :xp:

Anyway they better give him more then 2 emotions this time unless you count content then its 3 >_>

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LOL

come on vader!!! make starkiller more powerfull than we can possibly imagine lol

well, if he holds the lightsabers in front of him i'm fine with dual

if he keeps both behind his back it's gonna look incredibly stupid,not to mention the impracticality

I can't imagine they'd use two for behind the back. Maybe one behind, one in front or two in front.

I am hoping you get an option for single, dual, double ended lightsabres.

I can't imagine they'd use two for behind the back. Maybe one behind, one in front or two in front.

I am hoping you get an option for single, dual, double ended lightsabres.

I hope you're right on both accounts,i'm all for better melee options(i dislike the maul sabre,but that's beside the point) and two behind the back would be just to much "look at me i'm sooooo awesome" for my tastes

Hey,

Shem, I like your concept for the sequel since you are trying to get it out of a hard area in the star wars time line and bring it somewhere that allows for more freedom.

What I believe from the teaser is that He did die, but to play on the title force unleash is that his spirit can not rest. I'm assuming Yoda (since he knows how to contact force ghosts) that yoda could feel the disturbance in the Force and reach out to his spirit. Star killer will then go through a level before he returns to his body. He will then seek out Yoda through his vision of him..star killer will know where he is hiding. Yoda will become your new master but star killer is conflicted with hate and anger. Starkiller will continue his quest on his own...

I'm assuming that Juno dies and Starkiller will either blame himself or another. I don't know if she would die during the game due to your quest or that she dies just after you came back.

I do have to admit I have no idea where they are going to go with this but if they want to continue the saga of star killer they will have to do something like Shem mentioned at the end of the game since they can't kill him off again because they did that already in the first one.

I'm assuming the writers had the ending figured out first and build backwards the story.

I also think they will release the rest of the alternative star wars trilogy with DS star killer.

Just my 2 cents:thmbup1:

Logan

Actually, i read a fic a long time ago that had Galen wake up as his body was about to be discarded by stormtroopers. He killed them easily enough, put on the armor of one of them and proceeded to a nearby hangar where he stole a shuttle. The last scene of the story at that point had Galen crash the shuttle on an unknown planet due to an egine failure.:raise:

Also, i always thaught that Galen was merely on the brink of death at the end TFU?

Actually, i read a fic a long time ago that had Galen wake up as his body was about to be discarded by stormtroopers. He killed them easily enough, put on the armor of one of them and proceeded to a nearby hangar where he stole a shuttle. The last scene of the story at that point had Galen crash the shuttle on an unknown planet due to an egine failure.:raise:
Now that is an interesting idea.

• 3 weeks later...

what if they expanded on Galen Marek using not only Dual Sabers, an Single Saber, also the Double Bladed Lighsaber? we only saw him using Single Saber combat in the 1st TFU, as well as Expanding on How Much Further his Force Abilities will go, maybe after the battle on the 1st death star to, that darth is the one left to dispose of the body, an uses the force once again to bring life into Galen Mareks character, this time, he is fired out of an escape pod in Darth Vaders Ship, an when Galen Wakes up on a planet, where he has no idea where he is, and 1 of the natives the speak basic, say he is a Jedi Knight, an they work off that.

Guys, u r soooooooo fu****ng into JKA here, i can see)))))))

The ideas i read here are all gr8, really i wish LA just takes any of them, they just all sound so coool as a acontinuation...... And sabers there- com'on, we dont need any half measures.

If u wanna have a choice of sabers- then have ALL of them- seriosly, not just two- sabers, and 1 saber- but Also-

Staff saber

dual sabers

normal (Single) saber

Backhand- saber

Grievous'- styled 4- held sabers

Lightsaber-disk

and all and All you can possibly imagine, each one with at least 2-3 styles of holding and weilding it (eg. for staff- saber there are kazdam paratus style, darth maul style, phobus style, etc..; for single- strong style, fast style, and so on)

OR...............

We have only 1 choice- 1 saber.

But evenhere- we dont need any half measures))))) We would need the ability to customise hilts, crystals of color, modification crystals - so, like in TFU1. but also, we should be able to change style of it, like in Jedi academy/ jedi outcast, so we get more control over it.

Thats, in my opinion, the only flaw that needs fixed- the saber combat

As for the rest, the best wishes to all fans and developers of Force Unleashed- series!

Lets just wait and hope, that they listen to our suggestions

You know what may actually be the best way of pulling this off? Not describing how he survived (or resurrected) at all, or very little. Just sort of glaze over it and leave it up to the players to come up with their own stipulations. Just leave it with "the Force was strong in him." We'll take it from there.

You know what may actually be the best way of pulling this off? Not describing how he survived (or resurrected) at all, or very little. Just sort of glaze over it and leave it up to the players to come up with their own stipulations. Just leave it with "the Force was strong in him." We'll take it from there.

Now, thats a posibility, eh? ;)

And then- Think of It!- theyll make another game of TFU series that explains what happened between tfu1 and tfu2 XDDDD

That's a good way to cause a revolt and have critics talk about that type of move as being a cop out, especially since it's a big deal that Starkiller is still alive. :migraine:

Well yeah, but unfortunately a cop out may be in their best interests here. Yes, people will whine, but people will whine regardless. As we've pointed out time and time again, Galen being alive is extremely problematic and will be tough, if not impossible, to explain without being completely cheesy and cheap. And don't even get me started on that clone garbage.

I see it like this: they're going to have a sequel to a game where the main character quite plainly died at the end, so the premise is going to be awful by default. The damage has been done just by bringing him back, so just leave it at that. Don't make it even worse with some far-fetched explanation. All you need is "Galen Marek lives because strong with the Force." That's it. The game's plot is doomed to be cheesy no matter how you tackle this problem.

It's too over the top and Luke-belittling (New word lol)in the first place, for me even to consider any of it in my Canon/continuity... Its just awesome gaming IMO, so I have no trouble with how he's back, That (and the fact that ANH didn't try to explain what was happening it just drops you in the GCW) means I'm happy to accept Zerimar's idea.

As we've pointed out time and time again, Galen being alive is extremely problematic and will be tough, if not impossible, to explain without being completely cheesy and cheap.
I see it like this: they're going to have a sequel to a game where the main character quite plainly died at the end, so the premise is going to be awful by default. The damage has been done just by bringing him back, so just leave it at that. Don't make it even worse with some far-fetched explanation.
So if an explanation of Starkiller using the Force to fool the Sith that he was dead, then they go dump the body and he wakes up and finds a way to escape the Death Star would be considered cheesy?

In fact, I wouldn't mind it being the first level you play, escaping the Death Star.

I think if they start the game where it ended would work. Show Starkiller supposedly dying and the dialogue between Sidious and Vader, but then add something new to extend it after they discuss how Starkiller is more powerful than ever because of his sacrifice and how the Rebellion they created will be their undoing. Like Sidious ordering Starkiller's body to be disposed of being shown instead of it cutting out like it did in the first game. As soon as it gets to a certain point, Starkiller wakes up and you begin your first level.

I just thought of a way where it can work without it being impossible too.

Yes, people will whine, but people will whine regardless.
I can tell you right now that people would whine a lot more with your idea than a cheesy way to bring Starkiller back. The reviews from GameSpot, IGN, etc, would crucify it to no ends; saying something how LucasArts isn't creative enough to think of what to do, so they left it up to us sort of thing. That would be the worse thing they could do for the game.

And don't even get me started on that clone garbage.
I agree with the clone thing being stupid and after evaluating it for a bit, I pretty much debunked it enough to know it won't happen.

All you need is "Galen Marek lives because strong with the Force." That's it. The game's plot is doomed to be cheesy no matter how you tackle this problem.
Well, that is where I totally disagree with you.

Look, I do realize that just because I can come up with an explanation that isn't cheesy, doesn't mean LucasArts won't. I'm well aware of it.

But saying that no matter what you do it will be stupid and it's hopeless to make it good is very narrow-minded.

• 1 year later...
Well, I have had this thought in my mind for quite some time and since there hasn't been a whole lot of discussion of the game in recent months along with the fact it will never build a modding community to make it a bigger community, I thought I would share thoughts that came to mind that I know some people may have interest in.

One thing I've noticed that people do not like is the fact that Starkiller, Darth Vader's secret apprenticed sacrificed his life in order to save the lives of the co-founders of the Rebel Alliance. It was tragic that he did die, but you had to kill him because he was way too powerful not to be in the original Star Wars trilogy. It was a way to tie up the loose ends.

Now, here is a thought I've had for a few months now that I have decided to share with you. Let's think hypothetically: What if Starkiller didn't die? What if Vader and Sidious thought he was dead at first, but realize later he really wasn't. He didn't have any visual marks on his body that would make you believe he was dead, though that really doesn't mean anything in the Star Wars universe if you know how things work.

So you're wondering where I'm going with this. Let's assume Starkiller didn't die. So what do you do with him in order to make it so he isn't a factor in the original trilogy, but keep him alive? You put him in prison. Once the Empire is defeated, the founders of the New Republic find him in prison somewhere. Now, keep in mind that if he didn't die there on the Death Star like we all presummed, it would almost be probable that the Emperor would kill him as he probably is too powerful to be kept alive. But how often do people not kill their enemies when they should have in movies? Like why did Mace Windu hesitate to kill Sidious to give Anakin enough time to react and save the Dark Lord? Why were the battle droids in TPM not opening fire on the surrendered Gungans, but instead are rounding them up as prisoners when Sidious ordered all of them to be wiped out before the battle started? Let's go one further. Starkiller didn't kill the Emperor when he had the chance.

Okay, so Starkiller is found alive and in prison by the Emperor after the events of the original trilogy. Maybe the Emperor had him tortured to make him suffer for all the problems Sidious was having with the Rebellion and that is the only reason the Emperor is keeping him alive is to get some satisfaction from it. Who knows? Maybe the reason Starkiller is willing himself to live is because he longs to be with Juno and hasn't given up hope that he'll be with her again some day.

Later, Juno then finds out that her long lost love is still alive after the Rebellion defeats the Empire. There you have the grounds to start a sequel to The Force Unleased. Then you come up with a story where the New Republic will not survive if Starkiller isn't finding along their side.

Now, if I was working for LucasArts and was trying to come up with a sequel to TFU, this would be an idea I would present to them. Unfortunately, I don't, so I wouldn't count on this idea you're reading to happen.

amazing idea. this should definitely have been the storyline. you should have pitched this to lucasarts whether you worked there or not. as it is, since they already made TFU2, you should pitch them this idea and ask them to use it in a new star wars game. i would play it for sure! i love games with great plots, and your idea for a storyline was certainly great.

Archived