Home

Camera is too slow...

Grombolar

Ok, first off - my game isn't too fast, its speed is just fine :)

The problem I have is with the camera - it moves way slower than my spacecraft, and I find myself looking at a tiny distant X-Wing, barely able to aim and shoot properly. It is normal at first, then my craft starts moving farther and farther from the camera (until it becomes really small).

Switching to the next camera mode does help, and it is a good altrernative, but I still prefer the opriginal camera (much more convenient).

Game version is 1.3, the computer is an Acer laptop, 1.5 GHz single-core, Windows XP SP2. Graphics card is some crappy Intel thing, I won't even bother mentioning its name...

Suggestions?

• 4 months later...

I know a solution to this.

Get a application called "D3D-Windower" and play the game windowed. As funny at it sounds, it fixes the issue entirely for me.

I tried to debug the game in fullscreen, but it always insists on being in full screen, which makes it impossible to debug the camera code in realtime.

With this and the other fixes (I made a loader which patches the game to not use a CD as well as fixing the crash bugs), the game runs perfectly.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived