Home

are you a Text Based RPG fan?

hello there,

I've been a TBRPG player for some time ago, and I even participated in some games in this forum myself. However, I'm thinking of planning a Star Wars related game with a forum dedicated specially to it, so my question is, anyone's interested?

apart from that, what do you really think about text-based RPG?

I see, I won't be doing any role-playing though. I think this question should best be posed to Dantooine itself, they might be more interested in role-playing games than the unimaginative bums you'll find in this Spaceport. See if any of the mods would be kind enough to move this thread over there or something, hmm.

What is TBRPG entail? All I can think of are weird twenty sided dice and dudes in capes.

Basically what they've got going at Dantooine Theatre Company, but expanded to cover the scope of an entire forum. You have sub-boards that represent locations, merchants, etc. No dices or any technicalities, everybody runs their character and combat as they see fit, keeping a reasonable balance. Whole point isn't to get high statistics or levels or anything, just to have fun and a great epic adventure.

well I've attached a sample link in my previous post (which is not mine btw) but it looks like the admins chose to erase it as they've apparently considered it a sort of advertisement.

to answer your question, however, a kind of TBRPG can be found in this forum, in DTC (follow Sabretooth's link), but a single game with lots of players in it will make the things a bit messy. The type of games that I'm talking about requires a forum dedicated only for this one game, a story-driven main plot that is divided into many sub-plots with each character has his/her own.

nevertheless, if anyone is interested I'll pm him/her with a sample link, (if this is not against the rules of the forum.)

Archived