61 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you prefer?

• Uthar Wynn
    • Yuthura Ban
    • Neither...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do I have really have to comment? Yuthura all the way!

"All the things I wanted to do... all the wrongs I wanted to right... I haven't done any of it. They just get farther and farther from my mind. This isn't the person I was."

"There's still time to change that."

"You're right. Maybe what I needed most was peace after all. The Jedi tried to show me that. I don't know if I can ever go back to them, but my place isn't here. Thank-you, thank-you for showing me that."

Best lines in the whole game in my opinion.

PS: I would have also put in a 'neither one' option.

Agreed, needs a 'neither one' option. I hate them both, always kill both regardless of alignment.

haha sorry my bad.

Well I like more Uthar, he is a very wise but in a evil way :p.Not only that is not like dose sith that wants to kill everybody when they see a person, he is like a calm sith, evil but calm.

Uthar is a true villain, not a pansy like Yuthura in any respect. Besides, he has a reasonable backstory, by which I mean one without all of the recycled "troubled past" nonsense that passes for Yuthura's character. In both villainy and general character, Uthar is standard; his apprentice is sub-par. Both are far outclassed by Jorak Uln, though, because craziness multiplies awesomeness.

Yuthura and her hot MILF voice! :naughty:
I'm always disappointed when the "I hope that we can be something more than just friends." option goes absolutely nowhere. Dammit, BioWare. :swear:

Either way, I love double-double-double crossing both of them, and killing them in the end. Being a manipulative bastard is oh so enjoyable. :smoke2:

Uthar is a true villain, not a pansy like Yuthura in any respect. Besides, he has a reasonable backstory, by which I mean one without all of the recycled "troubled past" nonsense that passes for Yuthura's character. In both villainy and general character, Uthar is standard; his apprentice is sub-par. Both are far outclassed by Jorak Uln, though, because craziness multiplies awesomeness.

So you are one of those who despise Darth Vader? Yuthura Ban is like George Lucas's main character on a higher level. She may have been a bad Sith, but overall a much stronger character because she was able to confront the fact that she hated being with them and took it upon herself to change. Jorak Uln was not strong... he was just insane. Anyone without an ounce of sanity would do anything without any concern for what happens.

Yuthura's pansy attitude towards the Sith: the sign of a coward.

Uthar's relentless loyalty to the Sith: the sign of an idiot.

Jorak Uln was not strong... he was just insane. Anyone without an ounce of sanity would do anything without any concern for what happens.

Jorak was the Master of the Academy, so his power level has to be considerable. Besides, who cares about power or sanity? I just like his character. His insanity is one of the major reasons.

At no point during K1 does Uthar's loyalty to the Sith (which we have no reason to believe is higher than any other Sith's) steer him wrong. In fact, his loyalty works well for him in one possible outcome; If the player is dark-sided and visits Korriban last, Uthar is willing to work for Revan if he reveals his identity.

Eh. I don't like either of 'em. Uthar is good because he kills that dude I give the wrong sword to (snickers as fem Revan racks up DS points and kills canon :p), and I like Yuthura because she's a Twi'lek, and I happen to think Twi'lek's are awesome when they're Jedi/Sith/Bounty Hunters/anything else that will blow your head off.

On the other hand, Uthar's voice grates on my nerves. Yuthura Ban annoys the stew outta me with her backstory (probably because I came up with a similar backstory before I ever played the game, lol :p). I kill 'em both.

BTW--Darth Vader FTW! :lol:

So you are one of those who despise Darth Vader? Yuthura Ban is like George Lucas's main character on a higher level. She may have been a bad Sith, but overall a much stronger character because she was able to confront the fact that she hated being with them and took it upon herself to change. Jorak Uln was not strong... he was just insane. Anyone without an ounce of sanity would do anything without any concern for what happens.

Yuthura's pansy attitude towards the Sith: the sign of a coward.

i think tka was saying that he liked uthar's character when looking at it outside of the game. the quality of a written character of fiction, rather than whos stronger inside the game.

am i right tka..?

in game, id go for yuthura. out of game, id go for uln, as his part in the game was somewhat hilarious.

In fact, his loyalty works well for him in one possible outcome; If the player is dark-sided and visits Korriban last, Uthar is willing to work for Revan if he reveals his identity.

And this depends on Korriban being the last planet, Revan being DS, and Uthar settling with being a servant to yet another Dark Lord. That's not a very promising outcome in the ONLY path where he lives. The other times, he turns on Revan and dies. When does his devotion to the Sith ever lead him to a better future? Not in ANY possible outcome I see... unless he kills Revan and the game ends there could Uthar advance. That's a possible outcome.

Yuthura could very well turn and return to Dantooine to die, but most likely departed Korriban after the assault. Cannon is usually what I would go by and assume that Uthar officially died and Yuthura turned to the lightside. Whether she lived beyond that is not determined.

If I'm taking the light-sider route then usually Yuthura, but If I want to be really bad then I kill them both I can't eve seem to just side with Uthar.

I agree. I have chosen to kill them both, but when I found you could turn Yuthura back, I actually asked her about her past. Before, I just assumed she would have dismissed the question out of hand.

After she described her past and I could ask 'Has anything changed?' I knew she was not sure about the Sith anymore and had good reason to turn away. That was the most significant thing that made her different from Darth Vader. Where Luke said 'There's still good in you,' I just thought it was terrible that Vader turned back at those words. A better way would have been stating 'Your wife is dead and there's no point in serving your master anymore. You have nothing to gain and nothing worth losing anymore.' That would have been more moving in my opinion than anything Luke said to Vader.

I agree. I have chosen to kill them both, but when I found you could turn Yuthura back, I actually asked her about her past. Before, I just assumed she would have dismissed the question out of hand.

After she described her past and I could ask 'Has anything changed?' I knew she was not sure about the Sith anymore and had good reason to turn away. That was the most significant thing that made her different from Darth Vader. Where Luke said 'There's still good in you,' I just thought it was terrible that Vader turned back at those words. A better way would have been stating 'Your wife is dead and there's no point in serving your master anymore. You have nothing to gain and nothing worth losing anymore.' That would have been more moving in my opinion than anything Luke said to Vader.

I agree, Yuthura is much more interesting as character than Uthar ever was. The fact that you actually can persuade her to return to Dantooine, unlocking extra dialog adds that much more development to her character whereas Uthar just gladly accepts the academy and everything goes on as usual...boring.

I think if Luke had said that he would definitely had gotten a more emotional response out of Vader.

Yuthura and her hot MILF voice! :naughty:

.... o_O

Agreed 100%

o_O

Oh, come on!

You mean to tell me that neither one of you has ever been "hot for Teacher?"

School must have been awfully dull for you. :p

Oh, come on!

You mean to tell me that neither one of you has ever been "hot for Teacher?"

School must have been awfully dull for you. :p

Read my story and you'll see just what I think of Yuthura.

Tamara Phillips, the voice actress, is gorgeous! She was absolutely perfect for the character. It's only too bad she isn't in much else.

Archived