1. 1. Who do you prefer?

• Uthar Wynn
    • Yuthura Ban
    • Neither...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

So are there any reasons people really like Uthar w/out taking Yuthura into account? If there were a Uthar like him/hate him poll, are there any who would say they just like Uthar; or do they happen to like him more than Yuthura?

Same question for those who just voted for Yuthura because they hated Uthar.

• 4 weeks later...
I agree, Yuthura is much more interesting as character than Uthar ever was. The fact that you actually can persuade her to return to Dantooine, unlocking extra dialog adds that much more development to her character whereas Uthar just gladly accepts the academy and everything goes on as usual...boring.

I think if Luke had said that he would definitely had gotten a more emotional response out of Vader.

I chose niether. I never knew that was possible. Playing light or dark I killed both because niether one of them trusted me.

• 2 weeks later...

Uthar was a charasmatic Sith, but still a pretty typical Sith with his "If I must explain it, you don't belong here" vibe. Yuthura did more to explain the Sith in six minutes than Lucas did in six movies (MAJOR Kudos to Drew & David at Bioware for cooking her up!). She explained the ideas and the Sith philosophy in a logical, thoughtful manner that gave structure behind the apparent cackling madness, and made it seem almost a damn shame that the Sith and the Jedi had to constantly kill one another.

And when you befriend her, and she walks away in the end? Since I play Korriban AFTER the big reveal, I see it as a fitting touch. You didn't just save her. You saved yourself.

• 3 weeks later...

Light or dark I'd rather just off both of them. Petty little creatures that they are.

Yuthura had a better background, uthar was more of a challenge to get approval from but frankly it's all for naught anyway.

No I don't care that I can redeem her.

Looks at freshly dead twilek with tattoos. Hmm.....Necrophelia anyone? :naughty:

Agreed, needs a 'neither one' option. I hate them both, always kill both regardless of alignment.

Spoken like a true champ.

Yuthura and her hot MILF voice! :naughty:

You dirty old man. :naughty:

.......oh wait! P.K.B.?

They're both Sith, so they both die.

:devsmoke: I knew there was something likable about your style. A fellow murd--I mean fighter of justice! :dev8:

<snip> I kill 'em both.

BTW--Darth Vader FTW! :lol:

What is FTW? I have seen it several times now and wonder what it means...

Yeah, but depending on how you play it you can have trouble w/Uthar too. Much depends on how you handle the 2x cross before entering the tomb.

I can handle the whole thing if I wanted to. But it's more fun to just kill them both. :dev9:

• 2 months later...

It's really hard for me:

Yuthura - Her arguments are what initially gave me the notion "Gee...maybe the Jedi aren't the good guys after all!" That and the fact that we could sit down and she'd walk me through the Sith Code was just awesome. Against her I hold that she's allowed herself to forget her mission for another path. It's not that the path she is following is evil per say, it's that she's ventured away from the one she belongs on. That's why I like DY's fan fic so much: you get to see her follow her real path at last.

Uthar - Finally a decently constructed Sith Lord/Master. THIS is what a (post-Ancient Sith) Sith should be like. As Visas said, the Sith aren't all rage and random cruelty. In fact, the Sith Code says nothing about killing beggars on the street or stealing candy from babies. Uthar has cunning and self-control, and his arguments crush that of the Jedi masters:

JEDI MASTERS - "Watch out! If you feel fear or anger, or get worked up about something you'll fall to the DARKSIDE!!!! AHHHHHH!!! OMG!"

UTHAR - "Or perhaps you can recognize that your feelings are an essential part of who you are, and rather than bottling it up you can put to use by getting me some Sith relics. Of course, if you're smart you'll keep the relics and destroy the droid and Sith students instead. Hell, if you want you can actually save both and pretend that you did. I don't really care because I admire intelligence anyway."

See the massive difference? The last thing you think of in relation to the Sith is SUPPORTIVE, yet here you have a guy who is giving you far more rewards and opportunities for personal growth than those ancient idiots on Dantooine. Why wouldn't you want to join the Sith?

In Conclusion: Uthar, but barely. Yuthura is still badass in her own regard.

Interesting comparison.

Uthar-I always side against him, in spite of his qualities as a Sith. I would agree with Lord of Hunger that he was the kind of Sith that would have won the war had he been in Malak's place. Clearly he was the kind who recognized strength and appreciated innovative thinking, but I really just go against him because... he's the enemy. I also think he detested Yuthura more because you sided with her than Revan for going against him.

Yuthura-although she turns on her friend, I think that she had an inner strength that made her stronger than Uthar. I've gotten to a point where I have to carefully segregate her character from the game from what I made her out to be, but I saw her as a more complete depiction of Darth Vader. It is always rewarding to see her acknowledge who she had become and walk away from it. Her greatest enemy was herself, which was what I believe required the most strength to overcome.

Uthar-I always side against him, in spite of his qualities as a Sith. I would agree with Lord of Hunger that he was the kind of Sith that would have won the war had he been in Malak's place. Clearly he was the kind who recognized strength and appreciated innovative thinking, but I really just go against him because... he's the enemy. I also think he detested Yuthura more because you sided with her than Revan for going against him.

Well I guess this depends on who the two of us prefer: from what I can tell you prefer Gray Jedi while I prefer a Sith with some Potentium views.

Yuthura-although she turns on her friend, I think that she had an inner strength that made her stronger than Uthar. I've gotten to a point where I have to carefully segregate her character from the game from what I made her out to be, but I saw her as a more complete depiction of Darth Vader. It is always rewarding to see her acknowledge who she had become and walk away from it. Her greatest enemy was herself, which was what I believe required the most strength to overcome.

The only problem I have with that is it was always a result of Revan (something she struggles with in your fan fic, I recall). Ever redemption or fall in K1 we see is the result of Revan in the end.

You could all learn from this guy. Uthar and friend's lives are expendable so you can kill all the British freak people in the Sith Academy.

Ohhh noooo, you went there!

RUN GOB, RUN! The British are coming! The British are coming!

Archived