Home

Star Wars: Rogue Squadron 3D Editor Request

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

C'mon, Rogues, only two people signed the petition so far. Anybody who has got super moderator powers, please communicate this to the Council and post an announcement, so other Star Wars game fans would also know about it. It is a highest time to do that, since Factor 5 is to be shut down very soon.

Dear LucasArts and Factor 5,

We are a group of enthusiastic fans of your great PC platform computer game, Star Wars: Rogue Squadron 3D. For more than ten years this game, which became a Star Wars arcade game classics, was a source of inspiration for many and many Star Wars fans. But unlike some other Star Wars games there is not any tool available which would let fan community to expand the game by developing additional levels and modifications.

As it is known Factor5 used its in-house level editor L3D to design game levels for Rogue Squadron and Rogue Leader. In fact this tool is not used anymore for any other games because it is out-of-date by now.

Therefore we ask you to release freely the Star Wars: Rogue Squadron 3D level editor. It would allow us to use our creativity to revive the game and expand it with fantastic add-ons. The editor would also serve as a new item in the arsenal of all those enthusiastic fans of Star Wars games.

We are very much looking forward for your kind and helpful decision

Sincerely,

The Undersigned

Hey, Lynk, you are probably right, but watch this and try to get my point (This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)I think it is possible if we will get many voices. Why not to have fan made Rogue Squadron levels if there are many Jedi Knight or X-Wing developer communities around. Secondly Factor 5 guys might want to give out their in-house editor, huh?

IMO, if you really want to play Rogue Squadron again, then you should really ask LucasArts to release the source code to the public. That way, someone can write a custom engine from it basing it off of the code.

Now, that does somewhat improbable, mainly becuase this is LucasArts, a company which seems to be totally deaf to its fanbase.

Since when has an online petition ever worked though? XD
Oh my goodness, Lynky, are you trying to be pragmatic? I cant recognise you, guys, who was talking about insanity? Is it ARESEN or somewhere else? :) C'mon, we have got three signatures already, I will go for it, but with your support it would be much easier. Please post a forum announcement with the Petition information, otherwise... I will do it myself ;)PastramiX, we don't need their source codes. They just need to give us the editor used for creating game levels, so we could add new levels, possibly from Rogue Leader or replace the models with more detailed ones.

Archived