Home

Filefront no longer 'indefinitely suspended'

Mod note: Merged this thread with the one in Holowan Labs about the same topic. This may have caused some posts to appear in seemingly odd sequence. ~M

Link.

Sorry to have to break this to you, everyone, but we literally found out about the same time that went live (roughly six o'clock today, GMT).

The upshot of this is that all the filefront websites - KotORFiles included - are coming down before or by March 30th. We have no access to the 'backstage' part of the site(s) any more and the forums have been shut down already.

Apparently the phone call went through yesterday for the network to be shut down from Ziff Davis Media, Filefront's parent company. Spare a thought for the on-site staff of Filefront, all of whom were laid off at the same time.

On the part of KotORFiles, since the site hasn't gone down yet, we're trying to download as many of the files as possible in the time we have. Where we go from there is uncertain for now; if and when we have an answer... :(

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

does everyone remember the huge issues with pc game mods a few years back, well now a similar situation has befallen our other mod hosting site filefront :( this is such sad newss i dont even know where im going to have mods hosted anymore or where to get them nevertheless heres the news thread this saddens us all more than likely, looks like we will have to find another place to host our beloved mods :(:(:(:(:(

http://farewell.filefront.com/

i still cant believe this is happening first PCGM now filefront?? filefront was so much more than just kotor modding, it held all of our favorite mods and demo's, in such a convienient way o well i guess we can find some place to put um :) just hope for the future and perhaps they will be back up again within a few years

That's a shame, losing a reliable mod host once again. :( It is going to cause quite some confusion in the Upper City Cantina forum with all the broken mod links there too.

If there are no other decent alternatives for hosting, and the Lucasfiles upgrade keep getting delayed it might be possible to arrange some kind of limited mod hosting at starwarsknights.com in the meanwhile. Not sure, will have to look into that possibility.

Regardless of what site ends up trying to fill the shoes of KotorFiles I think it would be nice if we could have some kind of file repository hosted under the LFNetwork banner to prevent a third incident like this in the future with moving mods, broken links etc.

Yeah, as DI said, we only just found out about this a few hours ago, and we're doing all we can to download as many files from KotORFiles as possible in the time that the site has left. Due to the fact that we can't access the 'backstage' areas of the site anymore, (as DI put it) we're having to do this a file at a time, so naturally it's a slow process.

We have a good deal of the files backed up already, but as DI said, we haven't got an answer for you as to where they'll be hosted.

Cheers,

~M

Ah, i will miss Filefront ( JK3 And Kotorfiles the most )

Im downloading so many mods now

I Suggest everyone starts backing up the mods so at least we can still send them to people who have not got the mods

Shame though :(

Marius and DI(and a few others) have already downloaded most of K1 and alot of K2.

****ING **** **** **** ****!

God damn it! That's like 5 days!

_EW_

lolwut? <3 _EW_ <3

on a slightly more serious note, someone call Cz, he has pretty much every K1/K2 mod ever made... and I miss him :cry6:

When I think about the efforts that have gone into Kotorfiles by Shem, DI and the others, and from the other Filefront sites, it's a damn shame. I'm not that worried about losing the mods, as it seems that's been taken care of. Hopefully, we can find a reliable place to upload the mods in the future.

Archived