Home

Filefront Network To Shut Down - Please Read!!

Forceboat

I also want to say a big thank you to everyone who's making this possible. The news of filefront's closure, while sad, didn't mean much to me at first, but for some reason I remembered today that it had a lot of "satellite sites", including JKfiles and Kotorfiles. It's nice to see that we've got some dedicated people to "save the furniture". If I knew anything at all about servers and web science or whatever (which is sadly all gibberish to me), I'd help out. The best I can do now though is say thanks and keep up the good work! :)

I have just one question for AmonRa.

Did you intend to contact the authors to make sure they're okay with you taking their files for your own site?

All of the files will be hosted at the new site, but we will send out a mass email to the file authors which will state that, and also explain that they can have their file removed no questions asked. We will also have an announcement on the main page of the site for those who have changed their emails.

AmonRa thanks again, and i think it is generally pretty safe to think that if ppl had things stored on FileFront for us to enjoy and download they will continue to wish for them to be available so I am for one very very grateful for this salvage effort and all the work it took. Much much appreciated. The star wars universe will weather the challenges of this current economy i am sure and there are signs all across the game segments that new mod and addon work will continue and improve as time goes on.

nope, read the announcement on top

"This is NOT an April Fools joke

I assure you all that the forums being online at this time is not a joke or something that is temporary. What information I have is that there will be more information to be expected sometime tomorrow. I myself am not entirely sure what is going on and why the forums are back online. I'll know when you know really. I was just instructed to let you know that this is for real and not a joke by any stretch of the imagination. I know many will not believe me because of the terrible timing, but the persons that I had talked to about this would never joke with me about this sort of thing.

More to come as I find it out."

Jeff

seems like he has no idea what's going on either.

Guys, no one really knows whats going on at this point, we do know that it WAS NOT an april fools joke, just try and be patient, you will be updated soon.

EDIT:

Latest news!

It appears that some of the original management of FileFront (before Ziff Davis bought it out) have gotten involved, and possibly re-taken over FileFront...

It seems this may not be the end after-all.. more updates to come though.

Archived