Home

BlueScreen of Death Vista Startup

HK-42

I keep getting the BlueScreen on my laptop Randomly, and after that random event I keep getting it, then eventually after many restarts I get in to my computer again. It has just happened again(it started yesterday) and Im in safe mode, pretty pissed.

Here is MS problem report:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:

BCCode: 1000008e

BCP1: C0000005

BCP2: 8F0A75AB

BCP3: B60DD060

BCP4: 00000000

OS Version: 6_0_6000

Service Pack: 0_0

Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:

C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini110306-04.dmp

C:\Users\Connor\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-59514-0.sysdata.xml

C:\Users\Connor\AppData\Local\Temp\WER61ED.tmp.version.txt

Read our privacy statement:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409

I really hope you guys know how to fix this.If all else fails Ill go and pay GeekSquad at bestbuy for some help.

Thanks!

I got a error when I tried Memtest, and nothing happened when I hit start for the check.

Sounds like it could be your ram. How many sticks do you have in your machine? I would try isolating it and trying to boot it up with just one in to see if your ram needs replacing.

Is your pc a store bought one? Is it still under warranty?

Im personally a bit cautious of telling someone who doesnt know what a stick of RAM is to open up their rig and fiddle around.

@HK-42

Please note, that any advice you receive on this site(or any online tech site) is advice only. Acting on it is entirely at your discretion, and your responsibility for any consequences good or bad.

Astro

Is your pc a store bought one? Is it still under warranty?

Im personally a bit cautious of telling someone who doesnt know what a stick of RAM is to open up their rig and fiddle around.

@HK-42

Please note, that any advice you receive on this site(or any online tech site) is advice only. Acting on it is entirely at your discretion, and your responsibility for any consequences good or bad.

Astro

Well I know what RAM is but I never called it sticks, and I dont know how to isolate one, or check how much I currently have. And I know the risks.

I ordered it off Dell's Site, and Im not sure if the warrenty is up, but Im pretty sure it is, but I think it would be easier to ask here then to deal with Dell(there customer support isnt exactly the best). Anyway, I tried a system restore, which worked for several shutdowns and boots, but eventually I got it again.

By the way, my laptop is a Dell Inspiron 1525

EDIT: Memory(RAM): 3062 MB

Also I noticed my Physical Memory on Task Manager is quite low?

Total: 3061

Cached: 2010(give or take 2)

Free: 0-23(varies)

Unless you've paid for extended warranty, standard warranty is 12 months.

Sticks of RAM in a laptop are shorter, and often called SODIMMs by nerdy types :p

install-laptop-ram-3.jpg

They sit in slots on the mainboard. Taking them out and putting it back in is a bit trickier in a laptop, but can be done with a bit of concentration, and CLOSELY following the instructions in the service manual of your specfific laptop model.

You just need to ensure you are following correct safety procedure:

*Unplug PC/laptop

*Work on grounded surface. ie. not on a shaggy carpet or near water :D

*anti static gloves if youre super keen

That being said, the numbers youve given from task manager are quite normal. I have a vista x64 that has been purring along nicely for a long time. Heres a cap of my taskmgr memory numbers:

RAMMAGE.png

BSODs are quite commonly caused by issues related to hardware or driver changes. Have you done anything like this recently? Had you been using the pc ok for gaming etc until recently?

mtfbwya

Archived