Home

Alien vs Predator

leXX

Which is better?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better?

• Alien
    • Predator

I think Predator is scarier due to not only his physique as a monster, but he is obviously smarter in his actions. Perhaps Aliens have a high IQ and are quite scary, but still, they seem more brutal, not calculating, at least in the way Predators are.

Predator is in no way shape or form scarier than Alien, not even close. I wanted to kiss away his boo boo when he was on the ground bleeding. Not calculating? Did you even see Alien? Everything about them is smart and calculating, waiting for the exact right moment to strike. Predators may be calculating, but so are Aliens.

Oh and Aliens don't need a whole heap of weapons to take out their victims. ;)

Concerning Predator's plot, that movie was one of the films to invent that kind've plot. Other films have copied off of that idea, Alien is more difficult to emmulate, which is good, but still, Predator is awesomer:D

Invented that kind of plot? An alien comes down to earth and goes on a killing spree. Geez, where have I heard that before?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Predator is scarier due to not only his physique as a monster, but he is obviously smarter in his actions. Perhaps Aliens have a high IQ and are quite scary, but still, they seem more brutal, not calculating, at least in the way Predators are.

Predator is in no way shape or form scarier than Alien, not even close. I wanted to kiss away his boo boo when he was on the ground bleeding. Not calculating? Did you even see Alien? Everything about them is smart and calculating, waiting for the exact right moment to strike. Predators may be calculating, but so are Aliens.

Concerning Predator's plot, that movie was one of the films to invent that kind've plot. Other films have copied off of that idea, Alien is more difficult to emmulate, which is good, but still, Predator is awesomer:D

Invented that kind of plot? An alien comes down to earth and goes on a killing spree. Geez, where have I heard that before?

Well, I think Predator was scarier then Alien, I wouldn't want him hunting me.:D Though the Alien face-huggers did send many a chill down my spine, wouldn't want that hunting me, either....

Alright, alright, Aliens are calculating, but the Predator just has something more...potent..so to say. He's a hunter, he just has that awesome lone wolf thing going for him....not too mention his collection of skulls..:D

The Predator didn't need a weapon either, in the first one he was beating Arnie up like crazy, it took a large log-trap to beat him!:D

Let's not stereo-type Predator too much, eh? There was a bit more then 'Creature comes, kills, and spreads fear...:D

Well, I think Predator was scarier then Alien, I wouldn't want him hunting me.:D Though the Alien face-huggers did send many a chill down my spine, wouldn't want that hunting me, either....

Alright, alright, Aliens are calculating, but the Predator just has something more...potent..so to say. He's a hunter, he just has that awesome lone wolf thing going for him....not too mention his collection of skulls..:D

The Predator didn't need a weapon either, in the first one he was beating Arnie up like crazy, it took a large log-trap to beat him!:D

Let's not stereo-type Predator too much, eh? There was a bit more then 'Creature comes, kills, and spreads fear...:D

Alien's were about as calculating as a tiger watching a gazel. Sure, it may look like there is some sort of higher brain function, but in the end it was instinct.

And calculating intelligence pwns instinct.

If leXX is referring to the shipwreck that the crew investigates in the original movie, then yeah, that was another species entirely that the xenomorphs had infected. It's kind of obscure, but if you look closely at the footage of the alien corpse you can see the hole in its chest.

Like RoxStar indicated, that dead alien is known as the "space jockey."

If leXX is referring to the shipwreck that the crew investigates in the original movie, then yeah, that was another species entirely that the xenomorphs had infected. It's kind of obscure, but if you look closely at the footage of the alien corpse you can see the hole in its chest.

Like RoxStar indicated, that dead alien is known as the "space jockey."

In the books it's alluded to the Aliens having been built as the ultimate biological weapon, to be used in a war between two competing alien super-powers, but they annihilated both sides having 'gotten out of control'.

I'm sorry CQ, but you the Alien is scary fact, Alien and Aliens are far scarier films - after all who do you fear more as an enemy? Someone who will kill everyone including children, or someone with 'honour' who will only kill your soldiers? In terms of what causes people to be frightened it is the unknown, you can to an extent understand the Predator; you can't understand the Alien. Furthermore, I cannot really think of a worse way to do than having had a facehugger insert a baby alien down my throat, and then have that burst out my chest = Alien being far scarier.

I realized my mistake the minute I posted it. I guess Q caught my post before I deleted it. So yeah, just ignore that. :p

But still, trying to say they were acting on instinct and nothing else is wrong. They are obviously extremely intelligent creatures. This was demonstated when Ripley was in the egg room with the Queen, and the Queen got the others to back off.

Yeah, and when the alien in the original movie figured out that it had better stow away on the shuttle because the ship was about to self-destruct, the tactics that the aliens used when fighting the marines in the second movie, how the queen stowed away in the dropship's landing-gear well, etc. These weren't stupid creatures by a long shot. Ruthlessly feral, but not stupid.

God, I love those first two movies. What the hell happened? :(

In the books it's alluded to the Aliens having been built as the ultimate biological weapon, to be used in a war between two competing alien super-powers, but they annihilated both sides having 'gotten out of control'.

I'm sorry CQ, but you the Alien is scary fact, Alien and Aliens are far scarier films - after all who do you fear more as an enemy? Someone who will kill everyone including children, or someone with 'honour' who will only kill your soldiers? In terms of what causes people to be frightened it is the unknown, you can to an extent understand the Predator; you can't understand the Alien. Furthermore, I cannot really think of a worse way to do than having had a facehugger insert a baby alien down my throat, and then have that burst out my chest = Alien being far scarier.

Okay, okay, you've got me there, Aliens are indeed more brutal than Predators, acting very much like an out-of-control weapon and killing everything. I still think that Predator is awesome, even if his people are more understandable then Aliens, but that is one of the things that make him cool. I like the whole honor-bound race of Hunters, which is pretty awesome by itself, but the Predator isn't limited to only killing soldiers, he could kill the helpless, but he doesn't, because he wants the pleasure of the hunt, something enjoyable from the kill, like a hunter would. He's just cool, maybe not as scary, but cool:D

Aliens is hands down the best in the alien series. Alien had it moments but you really see how brutally effencient they are in aliens. Alien 3 and resurrection...ugh terrible. resurrection wasn't bad compared to 3 but those two were the crap of the group.

if they used the original script for aline 3 it may have gone in a different direction with hicks still kicking ass and taking names but it didn't happen that way sad to say

Both Predators were good. 1 is better than 2 though. if they flushed out the back story of 2 alittle more it would have been different but 1 stills rule out odf the two.

i liked both avps. they each had their uniqness about them. Although 2 could have done without some of the shots they had in there. its supposed to be about a predator taking on some aliens not teens in fights in the pool. but thats just me. lol

i liked both avps. they each had their uniqness about them. Although 2 could have done without some of the shots they had in there. its supposed to be about a predator taking on some aliens not teens in fights in the pool. but thats just me. lol

So you're saying that Av1 was better than AvP:R?

Whatever you're on, I want some. The Predator it Reqium was by the biggest badass Predator to date. The ones in AvP came off as lonely mooks who needed friends.

I mean seriously, they've hunted humans and they know that the ones their dealing with aren't the pinnacle of the species...that they needed their help is really rather discrediting the Predator franchise.

In any case, they should have kept the original script for AvP: 5 minutes of dialouge in a 2 hour long movie.

You really need to watch Alien and Aliens.

It would be best to just pretend that the other 2 don't exist, along with Predator 2 and the AvP series...

...and the Star Wars PT. :p

I'm still not quite convinced of that. Predators rip out your cranium and spine and walk around with it on their belt, that's fairly brutal in my book.

By that, I meant in choice of target, Predators choose wisely{AWESOME:D} but Aliens aren't so picky it would seem. Predators have more fun killing their target then just walking around killing any random thing, which explains the awesome skull-spine ripping action{AWESOME:D}

Archived